Friend logged in from Toronto..

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

And I’m in Montreal.. is it okay? He just logged in a couple of times to try out my account. Is it okay? the account is NOT shared, he simply logged in a few times, and I’m afraid I’ll get banned.

Help?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

No, it’s no ok. I mean, technically speaking, the minute someone else logs into your account with your permission — that is, you gave someone your credentials — you are sharing your account. Which you should never do, and which the UA strictly prohibits.

Now, I don’t think that the Big Eagle of Banningness is going to swoop down and terminate your account. But you should do two things:

• Change your password: Use something complex and something you use no where else. Use a password_that no one else knows_ and never tell anyone that password.
  • You raise your right hand and swear you will never give access to your account to anyone, for any reason, at any time, forever. And mean it.

I am joking with you a bit, but if you knew the number of sad, sorry cases we’ve seen of account thefts, ownership disputes, and other issues over the years, you’ll understand that my concern is legitimate. Account sharing is one of the major issues that results in closed accounts, and you do not want that to happen to you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

As Gaile has already answered this player this issue is solved. Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed