Friend's Account Blocked

Friend's Account Blocked

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: hourglasseye.9617

hourglasseye.9617

Hi,

My friend is unable to play because he gets the following error when attempting to log-in: “Account blocked due to unacceptable behavior.” He’s a new player and he says he hasn’t done anything outrageous or ban-worthy so far.

He has submitted ticket number 976276 with no response so far, but it would be great if he either knew the reason why he is being blocked, or if this was some mistake.

Friend's Account Blocked

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Did your friend receive the ‘Thank you for submitting a request’ automated response? If so, his ticket will be answered once it works its way through the queue.

If not, have him peruse the Stickies at the top of the page.

If after 72-96 hours, there is no response from a CS Team member, you can post his ticket number in the Sticky, ‘Tickets for Review’.

Good luck.

Friend's Account Blocked

Posted by: Tambo.8216

Tambo.8216

My friend is a new player too and had the same thing happen to him. Did your friends ban message say a time frame of the ban? My friend’s didn’t and I’ve been reading that its some kind of bug. It’s been almost a week now and nothings been done. I think that most people would like to know why they were ban but it seems rarely do they say the reason, which is kind of ridiculous as you can’t fix what you don’t know. There definitely needs to be more transparency with these procedures.

Friend's Account Blocked

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

There is actually a stick about the “Account blocked due to unacceptable behavior.” message. I suggest you read it. It clearly stated that all suspensions were receiving it in error and they were working to fix it, but yes, people do know what they did wrong. It’s easy, don’t be a jerk, don’t use foul language, and don’t cheat. Your friend might “claim” they did nothing wrong, but most of the time, when they are banned, they usually are in the wrong. Check out many of the posts in these forums of people claiming they did nothing wrong. An Anet rep has come in going “Well, you actually did this” as their proof.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Friend's Account Blocked

Posted by: hourglasseye.9617

hourglasseye.9617

Did your friend receive the ‘Thank you for submitting a request’ automated response? If so, his ticket will be answered once it works its way through the queue.

If not, have him peruse the Stickies at the top of the page.

If after 72-96 hours, there is no response from a CS Team member, you can post his ticket number in the Sticky, ‘Tickets for Review’.

Good luck.

Thanks He got a response saying that his ticket will get escalated. He has actually been unable to post on the forum himself, either.

My friend is a new player too and had the same thing happen to him. Did your friends ban message say a time frame of the ban? My friend’s didn’t and I’ve been reading that its some kind of bug. It’s been almost a week now and nothings been done. I think that most people would like to know why they were ban but it seems rarely do they say the reason, which is kind of ridiculous as you can’t fix what you don’t know. There definitely needs to be more transparency with these procedures.

This is worrisome. I hope the issue gets resolved soon. They did pay for this game after all, and all this isn’t helping give the game a positive image.

There is actually a stick about the “Account blocked due to unacceptable behavior.” message. I suggest you read it. It clearly stated that all suspensions were receiving it in error and they were working to fix it, but yes, people do know what they did wrong. It’s easy, don’t be a jerk, don’t use foul language, and don’t cheat. Your friend might “claim” they did nothing wrong, but most of the time, when they are banned, they usually are in the wrong. Check out many of the posts in these forums of people claiming they did nothing wrong. An Anet rep has come in going “Well, you actually did this” as their proof.

Yes I did read it. It would be great to know that he actually did something though (also, what he did, exactly), because that means his ban might get lifted very soon and he can simply behave better next time. Unfortunately, the response he got from support was an escalation instead of a straight “this is actually what you did, hence the ban” (or maybe that’ll come with the escalation). It’s all the mystery behind the blocking itself that makes it unpalatable.

Friend's Account Blocked

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

Did your friends ban message say a time frame of the ban? My friend’s didn’t and I’ve been reading that its some kind of bug. It’s been almost a week now and nothings been done. I think that most people would like to know why they were ban but it seems rarely do they say the reason, which is kind of ridiculous as you can’t fix what you don’t know. There definitely needs to be more transparency with these procedures.

This is indeed a bug, and fix is currently in the works. Once it’s implemented, there will be more specific ban reasons as well as a duration listed. We’ll let you know once it’s done.

Friend's Account Blocked

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Just bumping this thread to note that the bug with the display of suspension reasons and times should now be resolved. If you’re still having any issues with it, feel free to PM me or submit a Support ticket.