GPU Load/FPS Question.

GPU Load/FPS Question.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Saziel.3897

Saziel.3897

System Specs:

AMD FX-4100 3.6ghz
8gb DDR3 1333
AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB with the 12.11 Beta drivers (just installed them, didn’t seem to hurt or help at all)
300w Power Supply
Windows 8
AZZA Solaris Gaming Case (If this matters? I dunno >_>)

And here’s a screenshot of my settings http://i.imgur.com/RMkxj.jpg

My question is: At those settings, I run anywhere from 88% to 99% GPU Usage, is that normal? Also is my FPS normal? I mean, I get higher outside of Black Citadel. I average 60 out in the wild (depending on area, of course) and sometimes up to 80 (before I turned on the frame limiter), but in most towns the average seems to be around 45, maybe 50. Really, depending what part of town I am in.

GPU temperature hovers around 55-61 Celsius and fan speed at 33%, which is fine as far as I know.

I have no problems with ANY of these numbers, I just want to make sure everything is running the way it should. If everything is normal, I’m happy. I just want to eradicate any anomalies.

GPU Load/FPS Question.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Looks fine to me.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

GPU Load/FPS Question.

Saziel.3897

Thanks.

Also, no idea why this topic got posted 4 times… I surely didn’t do that, haha.

GPU Load/FPS Question.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Umm, i would disagree. I’m running a laptop Radeon HD 5870, i don’t even use half my GPU at medium settings. My poor i5-460 is running 100% though. (2.4ghz, 2.53 on turbo)

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

GPU Load/FPS Question.

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Treeline thats becouse ur CPU is holding it back.. AKA: CPU Bottlenecking.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

GPU Load/FPS Question.

Treeline.3865

That wasn’t the point – He is not on a laptop. His graphics card is likely at level with, if not better than my graphics card, and i only use 30-40% of mine. There is no way he should be bottlenecking his graphics card.

GPU Load/FPS Question.

Posted by: Evilruler.3249

Evilruler.3249

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7750/Pages/radeon-7750.aspx#3

Actually, the graphics card is the bottleneck, you need a larger power supply (400W or greater recommended by AMD site above).
I would suggest 600W, if not more.

GPU Load/FPS Question.

Saziel.3897

Will my power supply causes any problems other than this? This is how the computer shipped..

GPU Load/FPS Question.

Treeline.3865

Evilruler got it right it seems, didn’t think of that. But at least I was right that your GPU can perform better

GPU Load/FPS Question.

Posted by: Evilruler.3249

Evilruler.3249

Will my power supply causes any problems other than this? This is how the computer shipped..

it shouldn’t cause any other issue until you put in a more powerful processor or graphics card. Just check the system requirements online before buying the new unit.

and don’t worry about how it was shipped, I had to upgrade my power supply along with the graphics card too.