GTX 970m low fps

GTX 970m low fps

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Q:

I have an Asus Rog G751jt-ch71 but i have a very low fps unless i set my graphics settings to low then i got 100+ fps but medium and ultra 5-25 fps even i change my resolution to the lowest please help me.

And i already update my graphics driver.

GTX 970m low fps

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Make sure you’re playing with the 970m and not the intel hd from the cpu. You can change that in the Nvidia panel.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

GTX 970m low fps

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Also, what CPU do you have. GW2 is more CPU than GPU, thus a weak CPU will bring lower FPS regardless of what GPU you use.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

GTX 970m low fps

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

pretty sure it’s because of switchable graphics, easily fixable by assigning the correct GPU to GW2.exe from nvidia control panel.

Also check if any third party software (Asus bloatware) is managing this switch in any way.

GTX 970m low fps

jayson.6512

Thank’s for the reply guys but i don’t know how to switch my card and i think i’m using my 970 because in device manager it showed only 1 graphics card and that is the 970.

i’m using the Asus ROG G751jt CH71 laptop, i bought this thinking that i can set GW2 to ultra but i’m really disappointed that i can’t.

Note: before updating the card driver i only have 5-8 fps and after updating 5-25fps in medium and ultra low res or high res.

GTX 970m low fps

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

I would recommend you to use gpu-z or something similar to monitor which gpu that is in use and to know if your gpu might be throttling down clock speed to keep temperature within specification for your laptop.

Google for gpu-z!

Gtx 970m for mobile usage aren’t identical to gtx 970 for use in stationary computers as those have more space for airflow. Therefore you can not expect to have the same power
as for fps in this game. My own stationary computer with gtx 970 have three rather large fans cooling it and it perform in the range of 50-60 fps (res.: 2560×1080 pixel) even with everything high and super sample, only fxaa is kept off. Sometimes fps drops or there are stuttering and it doesn’t matter which settings i use in game, so I guess it must be related to how this game use its engine.

GTX 970m low fps

Posted by: Eurydemus.9825

Eurydemus.9825

I used to have the same problem with a mobile card, depending on the brand of laptop you may not have much luck.

GTX 970m low fps

jayson.6512

thank’s for the reply i’ll just try other games if i will get higher fps. since i got this laptop with free witcher 3.

GTX 970m low fps

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Could be that the game is suffering from CPU parking problems. Might want to check into that.

Also I suggest looking into seeing if the GPU is in use, as it’s probably intel integrated in use and that’s the problem.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9073/~/assigning-a-graphics-card-to-an-application-with-nvidia-optimus

I have a laptop with less than what you have, and yet it works with more than max settings, lagless CPU.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

GTX 970m low fps

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

thank’s for the reply i’ll just try other games if i will get higher fps. since i got this laptop with free witcher 3.

The issue might be the 512MB partitioned vRAM on the 970m. Grab GPU-Z, like suggested, using its sensors tab verify the Utilization (should NOT be 3% or less), and the vRAM that is used (typically GW2 will use less then 1GB vram, but ive seen it use 2GB with ALL the options turned on).

If you are in the 2.5GB vRAM usage area then that’s probably the issue. the 970’s are notorious for having performance issues when more then 2.5GB of vRAM is in use. And that could simply be the case here.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-Discloses-Full-Memory-Structure-and-Limitations-GTX-970

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

GTX 970m low fps

jayson.6512

The issue might be the 512MB partitioned vRAM on the 970m. Grab GPU-Z, like suggested, using its sensors tab verify the Utilization (should NOT be 3% or less), and the vRAM that is used (typically GW2 will use less then 1GB vram, but ive seen it use 2GB with ALL the options turned on).

If you are in the 2.5GB vRAM usage area then that’s probably the issue. the 970’s are notorious for having performance issues when more then 2.5GB of vRAM is in use. And that could simply be the case here.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-Discloses-Full-Memory-Structure-and-Limitations-GTX-970

Thank’s but my card seems to work properly now and only use 1gb ram base on GPU-Z
everything seems normal now and good fps thanks guys for all the ideas.

GTX 970m low fps

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

The gtx970m is not the same as the desktop 970. It’s not affected by this problem at all.