GW2 and IP V6

GW2 and IP V6

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: terminatorkobold.6031

terminatorkobold.6031

Q:

Hello,

With all this network lag happening to me i suddenly asked myself if GW2 supported IP V6 or if it was IP V4 only, since my isp offers me the possibility to enable the V6.

So, could anyone from A.N. tell me if the game does support it? And if not might it come one days, since it could certainly help the latency a lot for thoose whose ISP abuse NATing.

Cheers

GW2 and IP V6

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

I would assume that Guild Wars 2 does not support IPv6 for the simple fact that there are no “network settings” options to be found in the game.

For games that support IPv6 (as is the case with World of Warcraft), there is a specific option that allows the user to switch to IPv6 support. Due to the lack of such a feature in Guild Wars 2, I doubt that ArenaNet supports it.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

GW2 and IP V6

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

dude, anet cant fix the perf of the game(because as a mod told me the game runs fine on any system that meets min specs or better)

anet wont be bothering to add ipv6, they will only add features that are deemed worth the money, like quagan packpacks.

dont expect perf improvements(because in anets mind, the game runs great as it is on every system) dont expect dx11, and dont expect ipv6, unless it somehow could make them money.

the game runs perfectly and has no flaws. so say the great moderator gods of gw2 forums.

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x