GW2 app on Mac not opening

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Irethmira.9124

Irethmira.9124

When I am trying to open the GW2 app on my mac, all it says that it is not responding. Is my connection on the computer a bit off or is ANet still working on the Mac updates for the server? I don’t know if it will open on Beta testing weekend. I would like some feedback if my computer is the one not connecting because it is fine with steam.

Attachments:

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

That sounds like an issue with the app rather than with connectivity.
There’s a sticky threat with some troubleshooting instructions for mac that you can follow. Your best shot might be to make a copy of the gw2.dat file (it’s 20GBish and has all the game files), uninstall the game, then redownload the client and copy the .dat back in.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

This is probably obvious but restarting my computer fixed my non-responsive GW2 app.

Irethmira.9124

This is probably obvious but restarting my computer fixed my non-responsive GW2 app.

I was thinking about restarting it but I wasn’t certain if that was the problem but I will try it out.

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

You probably had a frozen process for Guild Wars 2 (sometimes when you quit it just crashes). Restarting fixes it as well as looking for Guild Wars 2 in the Activity Monitor app ( Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor.app ) and force quitting Guild War 2.

Irethmira.9124

You probably had a frozen process for Guild Wars 2 (sometimes when you quit it just crashes). Restarting fixes it as well as looking for Guild Wars 2 in the Activity Monitor app ( Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor.app ) and force quitting Guild War 2.

Restarting it did help a bit but also the active Monitor helped a lot. it is working now but has some folders to download. Thank you

Posted by: goodbeerhunting.8942

goodbeerhunting.8942

If the client crashes on the mac, there’s a chance that two processes didn’t exit: Wineserver, and Cider. If you can’t restart the client, check for these two processes in the activity monitor and force quit them.

Also, if the client crashes to a black screen which you can’t tab out of / escape from, ssh into your Mac (from your phone, etc.) and ‘killall cider’ from the shell. That’ll usually get you free without a hard reset.