GW2 causing PC to restart

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JUG.3562

JUG.3562

Hi All,

I’ve been trying to play GW2 on my desktop and every now and then it causes my PC to restart. I play Skyrim and Portal 2 regularly and never had this happen while playing those games.
I’ve monitored the temperatures of the processor and graphics card and it doesn’t go over 65C on either while playing GW2. I’ve run the Windows Memory check and that reported no errors.

System Specs below
Windows 8.1 64bit
Intel Core i5 4670k (3.4Ghz) overclocked to 4.0Ghz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1199MHz (11-13-13-31)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (Palit Microsystems)
Corsair CX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified PSU

The one issue I have noticed in Guild Wars 2 is that randomly the frame limiter does not work correctly. For example when it’s on unlimited it goes to 120 fps, yet when I set it to limit the frames to 60, it drops all the way down to 33 fps.

Any help would be appreciated

Gryff – Armour wearing Pirate Plant Guardian
[YARR][Gandara]

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Hello,

GW2 Frame Limiter is bugged since day 1, For example setting it to 60 it will limit to 50. I use RivaTuner to properly limit the game to 60 fps.

Regarding your restarts check bios settings, on some systems there’s an option that automatically shuts down or restarts the pc once the cpu reaches a certain temperature. It may be set too low on the temperature :-)

Let me know how it goes.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Disable automatic restart on Bluescreen so that you see the bluescreen if thats the problem.

If its not a bluescreen, maybe your power supply has a problem.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Michael.2965

Michael.2965

OK this game keeps crashing and haveing lil error reports pop up randomly during gameplay and a few times it Blue screened my computer i got 16 gigs of Ram and a Nvida GTX 680 graphics card and i run WOW, ESO, SC2, DC universe, SWTOR all on this computer with no problem what is wrong with GW2