Posted by: sicco.7014

sicco.7014

When I start from the launcher, everytime I get this:

Attachments:

GW2.exe crash

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: iAsuno.9654

iAsuno.9654

try backing up gw2.dat and reinstall gw2.

GW2.exe crash

sicco.7014

I just finished installing it 5 minutes ago?

GW2.exe crash

iAsuno.9654

oh….where did you install it? and is it from a cd?

GW2.exe crash

sicco.7014

oh….where did you install it? and is it from a cd?

on my hard drive:\Games\Guild Wars 2

online installer.

GW2.exe crash

iAsuno.9654

thats weird. try running as admin.

GW2.exe crash

Posted by: Striker.4780

Striker.4780

its the memory cannot be written error, been getting this on and off for over a month along with others, there is no fix

i5-3570K@4.7GHz | MSI Z77A-GD65 | 8GB G.Skill @ 2133MHz | GTX 780@1215/1558
27" IPS LED 2560×1440 | Intel 520 240GB SSD | CM HAF XB Case | XFX ProSeries 1250W PSU
SB X-Fi Titanium HD | Monoprice Cherry MX Black | Logitech G9x

GW2.exe crash

sicco.7014

I tried that, doesnt work.

No fix for this? I played GW2 back in release day, now I reinstalled it and this error occurs… it was fresh clean install..

GW2.exe crash

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

No fix for this? I played GW2 back in release day, now I reinstalled it and this error occurs… it was fresh clean install..

Try deleting the local.dat file located in the user documents.

Try moving the game to the root directory of the drive instead of inside the Program Files directory, this might alleviate any read/write protection your computer decides to put on the Program Files directory.

Usually a memory error like that means something is wonky with your RAM. I found I had a stick slowly going bad. Guild Wars 2 was the first thing to notice it, then Firefox was crashing randomly and I would eventually get blue screens. I tested the RAM and it was alright according to memtest. However, once I was able to narrow down which stick was bad by using a single stick of RAM, I was able to replace it and haven’t had problems since.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

GW2.exe crash

sicco.7014

Try moving the game to the root directory of the drive instead of inside the Program Files directory, this might alleviate any read/write protection your computer decides to put on the Program Files directory.

Usually a memory error like that means something is wonky with your RAM. I found I had a stick slowly going bad. Guild Wars 2 was the first thing to notice it, then Firefox was crashing randomly and I would eventually get blue screens. I tested the RAM and it was alright according to memtest. However, once I was able to narrow down which stick was bad by using a single stick of RAM, I was able to replace it and haven’t had problems since.

I tried to delete the local.dat and launched the launcher again. downloaded ~2gigs (dat file was 40mb?!). Still the same error. I never had any issues with RAM or any bluescreens. So I wont check RAM, obviously the client is the issue, not my hardware.

GW2.exe crash

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

I tried to delete the local.dat and launched the launcher again. downloaded ~2gigs (dat file was 40mb?!). Still the same error. I never had any issues with RAM or any bluescreens. So I wont check RAM, obviously the client is the issue, not my hardware.

I never had problems either until shortly after Guild Wars 2 launched…if you’re not willing to test or consider your hardware is faulty, then I recommend submitting an ArenaNet support ticket and talking to them about it. Good luck!

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

GW2.exe crash

sicco.7014

All of a sudden it starts now, almost….

I hear the music, I see my cursor (hand) but it looks like the client crashed, complete black screen. When I look at the taskmanager, it says gw2 process stopped working.

EDIT: now it doesnt start anymore, this is random as kitten. I would like to get some official help here, ticket is already out…

(edited by sicco.7014)

GW2.exe crash

sicco.7014

Ok I found a fix…. It was my MSI Afterburner onscreen messages (fps, temps, etc.). Closed the programm, now it works.