GW2 on second screen

GW2 on second screen

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Bod.8261

Bod.8261

This issue exists since the game’s launch and has never been adressed by the devs.

Short: It’s not possible to have the game run on a secondary monitor in a “playable state”.

Here’s the current state:
- There is no built in function to start the game on a secondary monitor.
- In fullscreen you can not manipulate the screen at all, best thing you get is a black screen on the second monitor.
- If you have the game in windowed fullscreen and use the windows functions (or any of the hotkey tools), the game will go to the other screen for a one frame, then immediately jump back to the main screen.
- If you have the game in windowed, there is no way to get the game to fill your screen. If you drag it to be bigger than your screen, it snaps back to some fixed maximum size. Even if you use hotkeys to remove the windows border, there will always be some kind of border on your screen.

What is the solution?
Either give as the option to choose the monitor the game runs on directly or at least remove the few lines of code, that makes the game “jump to the main screen” in windowed fullscreen, as this function does not serve any purpose.

PS:
Maybe someone has a workaround for this problem, I’d be happy to try it out.
Changing the main screen is not an option, though.

GW2 on second screen

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

What is the solution?
Either give as the option to choose the monitor the game runs on directly or at least remove the few lines of code, that makes the game “jump to the main screen” in windowed fullscreen, as this function does not serve any purpose.

PS:
Maybe someone has a workaround for this problem, I’d be happy to try it out.
Changing the main screen is not an option, though.

I dont think there is a jump to the main screen code because it is dwm default.

I do not think anet will put your suggestion on a high priority list or even considering it at all. They are doing a mac port and they might end up limiting platform specific code since all display manager have different behaviors.

- In fullscreen you can not manipulate the screen at all, best thing you get is a black screen on the second monitor.

That sucks.