GW2 screen disappears on Launch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Alex.6483

Alex.6483

Hi there,

I have an issue where I am unable to see my GW2 screen once I’ve successfully logged on. I’ve searched the forum however have not come across a similar issue and / or solution so hoping to find some help.

1. I start the game client
2. I enter my credentials > press login > successfully logged in message appears
3. I press Launch
4. The screen disappears, I am staring at my desktop

- Im using the 64bit Client
- Im starting the game client with administrator rights
- I’ve tried using normal start as well as start in windows 8 compatibility mode
- I’m running W10
- The issue started after an automatic W10 update
- I’ve already de-installed the automatic W10 update with no effect
- All my drivers are up-to-date
- I can see the GW2 client running in Taskmanager
- When I try to re-launch the game client I get the message that GW2 is already running

Anyone has any idea how to fix this?

Thank you kindly in advance

Posted by: Gesbor.8046

Gesbor.8046

Hi, same problem here. Not at every lauch, but 1/10 approx. Win 7 64b – i7 860 – 4 Go – Radeon HD5870 with Catalyst 15.7.1 (legacy).
My problem takes place just after clicking the GW2 shortcut, before the login screen.

(edited by Gesbor.8046)

Alex.6483

Alright, perhaps it is a similar issue, for me it happens after a successful login > clicking Launch launches the game as friends do see me online however the screen just disappears leaving me looking at my desktop. Don’t have any gw2 icon to click on to bring the screen up.

I’ve submitted a support ticket, will post a solution once the issue is solved so hopefully you can use it too.

Posted by: lolobum.3082

lolobum.3082

The same problem. It’s hilarious. The problem occurs only on gw2. I have gtx 960. Tried on win10 and win7. Always the same thing. The game is unplayable. Tried many drivers, it doesn’t fix it. Doesn’t matter whether it’s 32 or 64 bit

Alex.6483

New update:

After logging a ticket i received fast and excellent support from Anet, so kudos there.

They helped me with pinpointing the issue so we tried a few different steps and from the looks of it, my issue appears to be related to the use of sweetfx / reshade.

I am currently removing all gw2 and sweetfx / reshade files + downloading gw2 client for a fresh install + updated all relevant drivers (could have done that in the 1st place, however was hoping for an easy/fast fix and forgot i installed sweet fx / reshade recently)

Will report back if this solved my issue in case any other player experiences the same issue in combination with sweetfx/reshade.

Alex.6483

Happy to report my issue has been solved after simply reinstalling the game client.
Good luck to you both, hope your issues get solved soon as well!

Posted by: Gesbor.8046

Gesbor.8046

Thanks. I don’t use Sweetfx / Reshade… But perhaps f.lux is the matter for me ?