Game Client - Disable SMS Security Requests

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

When I start the game client, after login it keeps asking me to secure my account with SMS.

This is really frustrating. This is just a game and I do not want to give such personal data. It keeps asking me again, and again, and again, like I should be really tempted in that worthless Chinese Mystical Dragon… well I am not interested in anything chinese, because I don’t like chinese culture (I am an european player).

Now… how do I disable this disappointing request for SMS? Is there some feature, or variable, or shortcut, to disable this announcement in game client?!

Please, I beg you, please help me with this information. If you are a player and you have this information, post it here, and I promise to give you 5 gold in game as courtesy (for first valid answer, not all answers to this post).

Attachments:

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You can’t disable it, at least not with a simple option. It’s intended to annoy you because the average user has no idea what they’re doing and 2FA can be more secure for them. For advanced users however, the basic email authentication is actually the most secure option.

You can get rid of it by doing it what it says and adding 2FA to your account, either SMS or an authenticator. Since an authenticator can be ran on your computer, it’s the fastest option and can be as simple as pressing a macro button to paste your code.

You can bypass it by automatically logging in:
Gw2.exe -nopatchui -email example@email.com -password expansionpwd

You can disable it (eventually) by never running the launcher normally again:
To update: Gw2.exe -image
To launch: Gw2.exe -sharearchive
(-sharearchive forces the game into read-only mode, so you won’t be able to modify some of your settings)

(edited by Healix.5819)

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Thank you very much. This information is awesome.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ