Game Crashes Computer

Game Crashes Computer

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Akheron.1852

Akheron.1852

I tried getting on Guild Wars today and after about 10 minutes my computer shut off. I didn’t really think anything off it at the time, thought maybe it had just overheated so I gave it some time to cool off and rebooted it. Launched Guild Wars and again after about 10 minutes my computer died.

I then checked/downloaded any updates, ran my virus protection and tried yet again. Needless to say it still wont work and I’m not sure what’s causing it. It was working Sunday when I was playing with a friend so I’m not sure what’s causing this all of a sudden.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Game Crashes Computer

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Normally this game cannot crash your computer, unless, hardware fault, or driver issues. The game itself on it’s own has no such capabilities.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Game Crashes Computer

Akheron.1852

I only know that my computer shuts down after about 10 minutes of play time. It was working fine when I played a few matches of Heroes of the Storm. I’ll have to look into it more tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.

Game Crashes Computer

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

I tried getting on Guild Wars today and after about 10 minutes my computer shut off. I didn’t really think anything off it at the time, thought maybe it had just overheated so I gave it some time to cool off and rebooted it. Launched Guild Wars and again after about 10 minutes my computer died.

I then checked/downloaded any updates, ran my virus protection and tried yet again. Needless to say it still wont work and I’m not sure what’s causing it. It was working Sunday when I was playing with a friend so I’m not sure what’s causing this all of a sudden.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You’re not the only. I too was plague with that for a very long time. Turn out I just have to lower some of my GW2 graphic settings.

Game Crashes Computer

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Its mostly a problem of your PSU that it shuts down under heavy load.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Game Crashes Computer

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Its mostly a problem of your PSU that it shuts down under heavy load.

10 minutes every time?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Game Crashes Computer

Akheron.1852

I think I got it working. Looks like it was a broken RAM stick, played it for an hour or so and it didn’t crash on me.

Thanks for the help guys.