Game Crashes in Lions Arch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

So there was an update not long ago maybe a couple hours or so, and my game was playing fine tell I died in Orr, and decided to head to Lions Arch, and my game crashed. I’ve tried it several time, and it crashes each time. I tried an alt I had in Lions Arch, and my game crashed. I tried an alt I have in Timberland Falls, and I can log in on him.

Posted by: Heyytix.3829

Heyytix.3829

I have been having the same issues except, it only happens when i use any banner on my warrior. I get a crash error, started happening after an update earlier today. No issues before that.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Lord, you can try guesting on another server, then try to log onto one of the Lion’s arch planted characters. If you get on, move all out of Lion’s arch. Then you should be able to return to your server. Please post back if this helped or not.

Heyytix, this seems like a different issue, you should start your own specific thread giving as much detail as possible.

Lord Erik.6903

Lord, you can try guesting on another server, then try to log onto one of the Lion’s arch planted characters. If you get on, move all out of Lion’s arch. Then you should be able to return to your server. Please post back if this helped or not.

Heyytix, this seems like a different issue, you should start your own specific thread giving as much detail as possible.

It’s kinda funny you mentioned that ‘cause I did try guesting, but it didn’t work. I did get it fixed, but after I reinstalled the game. I would have repaired the files, but I couldn’t find a repair option. It took a few hours, but I got to watch a great movie I’ve had on my hard drive but never got around to watching it, because I’m always playing GW2 lol.

It was weird though. It was like between Orr and Lions Arch my character got lost in a space between spaces, and the game couldn’t figure out if my character was in Orr, or Lions Arch.

(edited by Lord Erik.6903)

Kyllaa.1385

Lol, glad you got it fixed.

For future, to repair, create a new shortcut to gw2.exe, right click on this shortcut, open properties. Add " -repair" to the path and save. (you want to add everything between the quotes including the space, but NOT the quotes themselves… Space dash R E P A I R). Save, then run the shortcut.

Lord Erik.6903

Ok cool I’ll try it. There was another patch today, and it started doing it again, so I’ll try that.

Lord Erik.6903

Ok this is weird. I tried to do what you said, but it said the path wasn’t valid. Then I double clicked the shortcut to make sure I didn’t screw up my registry doing it wrong, and my game updated and my game works again.

I’ll keep you posted on The Phantom of My Profile.

Kyllaa.1385

Yeah, a it odd, huh.

As an extra note, make sure you add the space dash repair AFTER the target shortcut quotation marks, not within.

But definitely keep us posted.

Posted by: SuddenFool.5397

SuddenFool.5397

this game is still broken as much as it was in beta which is really getting on my nerves cuz the longer you play the more i see how broken this game is and even beats the amount of issues i have with skyrim which is really hard to beat. good job arena.net you have a long way to go before this game is even accectable

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Lord Erik – Glad to hear that the issue was resolved for you! More than likely, as Kyllaa mentioned, you may simply be lacking a space in your Target line for the repair option.

SuddenFool – Whatever issue your’e experiencing, I’d recommend creating a new thread being as detailed as possible in regards to your issue or creating a technical support ticket.