Game Crashes on shapeshifting

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Puffendorf.1694

Puffendorf.1694

After the patch, the game is crashing quite frequently, but only on changing form, most notably the Lich Form. When going to Lich or from Lich form there’s about 10% chance of game crashing. Can anyone confirm anything similar happening to them? Because I’m preety sure nothing is wrong on my end.
Suggestions on what I may have missed are welcome though.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

You can try to post your arenanet.log (usually under my documents/guild wars 2), export it as a .txt file and post using more posting & formatting options below.

Puffendorf.1694

Ere we go. One ArenaNet.log file comming up.

Attachments:

Puffendorf.1694

Anything? this is getting realy anoying.

Kyllaa.1385

Have you tried a repair of the client?

How odd is that to crash on something so specific!

Puffendorf.1694

Yea, didnt work.
But I did narrow the crashes down to shapeshifts enging in combat. (Also for polimorph potions, not only lich form). No clue why, and its rather new.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Is your video card a factory overclocked one?

If so, try lowering the clock settings. Depending on the manufacturer there should be a utility that will allow you to do this; for example, EVGA cards use a program called Evga Precision.

Posted by: Scarycarebear.4125

Scarycarebear.4125

The same thing is happening to me, it’s really frustrating

Posted by: Micdk.8327

Micdk.8327

Same here. The form will almost change and then the screen freezes in a state where all the skills are in the middle of changing. Sound continues, you can move the cursor, but you can’t ALT-F4 or do anything but restart. It’s basically as if you had a freeze issue with your graphics card, except it only happens when shapeshifting.

I’ve had it happen 3 times now. 2 times in a Sylvari mission where you can control “bomber golums”, when starting to control a new one (works like a shapeshift), and once when changing to Lich form as a necro.

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Ere we go. One ArenaNet.log file comming up.

again i see missing data in your client …. try to repair your client with the -repair line argument as descrpted in wiki .

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Puffendorf.1694

Yea, I did the repair command line a few times now. I have to say it did reduce the % of crashing. Or maby I just got lucky a few times so far. But I did notice, that the more effects on the screen, the bigger the chance of crashing. No Idea why on shapeshift though. And I did recheck my graphics card and it’s not overheating or overclocked. It’s at steady 30degC with fans at around 20-30% speed.
Also ty for the replies so far.

Micdk.8327

The times when it happened for me (I no longer use the two necro shapeshifting abilities due to this error), there were no effects on screen, so that’s likely just a coincidence seeing that it doesn’t happen every time to begin with.

@Puffen, I see from your log that you have an Nvidia card, and seeing as I have an ATI, I think we can rule out a driver issue.

Also, looking at your log and my log, this crash is exactly the same for the both of us, so the likely culprit:

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: index < m_count
    File: p:\code\arena\core\Collections/Array.h(566)
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 788
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 22120
    When: 2013-08-11T19:25:26Z 2013-08-11T21:25:26+02:00
    Uptime: 0 days 2:30:38
    Flags: 0

How does one go about reporting this to the developers?

Micdk.8327

Posted by: Anapxist.5314

Anapxist.5314

Ep, same problem. Got 2 crash for 2 week. 1 crash in end of Lich Firm in Arah p3 Giants, and got another 1 in HotW p1 last boss, when my lich form starting. Nvidia GTX 670.

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Basically the same problem here… getting into a golem (siege or asura racial) causes crashes 10% of the time. Happens often enough that I avoid refreshing golems because I don’t want to get kicked out of a que’d map.

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

My game is crashing everytime i sell one item on TP and try to sell another before it shows the “OK” button from the first sale.

Kyllaa.1385

Flip, that’s a different issue and really should have its own thread.