Game Crashing in new FOTM dungen.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: hemant.8970

hemant.8970

Q:

Game crashes while going UP in jumping puzzle of the FOTM.
what may be the cause of this, can u guys resolve it or let me know if its from my end.
I don’t want to miss my “monthly chest achievement” over this.
Btw, note that, game crashes on the same spot.

Posted by: archmag.1259

archmag.1259

A:

I don’t know why you can’t finish your monthly guys. Just gather a team of people who goes there not to finish all three fractals at once, but for fast run for one or two of them. And say to them that if you meet Uncategorized fractal, your team should leave it. If they are understanding, you will be able to finish you monthly achievement. Works best with guild members. They like to help and understand other people problem. Just don’t go there as normal and then surprise them with your disconnect. Tell them of your problem before the run. Ohh, and also when you crash, be sure to submit report to ArenaNet at least once.
Maybe we should find what is similar in our cases.
Mine:
OS – Windows XP Pro, SP3
Video – ATI Radeon HD 5700
Proc – Intel Core i5, 2.80GHz
Memory – 3GB

World – Vabbi

(edited by archmag.1259)

Posted by: archmag.1259

archmag.1259

I have the same problem. When jumping from 12th to 13th plate in Uncategorized fractal (map with Harpy Hunters at the beginning) game is always crashing. Tried to change skills, jump naked, repair gw2 files, use alternative characters, change video setting to best performance – result is always the same.

hemant.8970

I have the same problem. When jumping from 12th to 13th plate in Uncategorized fractal (map with Harpy Hunters at the beginning) game is always crashing. Tried to change skills, jump naked, repair gw2 files, use alternative characters, change video setting to best performance – result is always the same.

Same spot, i also count it after u mentioned it.

Posted by: Vulpio.7169

Vulpio.7169

same problem…

Posted by: PetiPup.7589

PetiPup.7589

Same thing happens to me… haven’t counted… though it was the 8th or so… but point is I’ve attempted a number of times, both alone and in party, all resulting in the game crashing out… which is both not satisfying due to the nature that you can’t reenter with your party after crashing, and the point that the game is CRASHING.

Hopefully something can be done about it…. even if its a bug forever and the game crashes… forever…. being able to rejoin after a crash… somehow… would be a nice thing to include, because its not our faults the game is crashing as opposed to a person leaving and wanting to go back… just a thought… maybe a timeout period where if you error out or crash, you have so long to get back in and rejoin your party or something…. at least something so that the whole party isn’t down a player and doesn’t have to leave the fractals completely for you to rejoin them.

Posted by: Gato.1628

Gato.1628

Same here.

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Gato.1628

Seems like not many ppl are affected by this problem.

Anyone who also getting crashes in that specific place got any ideas how to counter it ? ( idk , jumping faced backwords or something ). Its tad flustrating to finish two fractals and got asura one as last one wasting good chunk of time.

Cheers.

Posted by: hellraizer.4253

hellraizer.4253

hey guys

same problem here.. once i jump the game just crashes..
no clue what to do and i cant finish mine monthly or i cant get in any higher fractions..
I always encounter that 1

hemant.8970

i would like to have solution on this but thanks for showing alter way to get my monthly

Gato.1628

Well. My way of dealing with this issue is to warn party members about it before we start , and politely ask if they could either reset dung (if asura fractal comes first) , or finish it while i wait at the beggining ( its not whoring for loot since i cant get to chest anyway).

Since now got mixed results . Most ppl just dont belive me , and i have to prove to them that im nut just lazy. But some understand my possition.

Sry for my bad english and cheers ^^

Posted by: Sunduck.2450

Sunduck.2450

same thing.
it took me 3 days to get to level 2

Since now got mixed results . Most ppl just dont belive me , and i have to prove to them that im nut just lazy. But some understand my possition.

Another solution is die and wait for checkpoint. But explaining it to pugs every time…. maybe developers just fix their bugs?

Win 7 64
ATI R6980
RAM 12Gb

I don’t know why you can’t finish your monthly guys. Just gather a team of people who goes there not to finish all three fractals at once, but for fast run for one or two of them. And say to them that if you meet Uncategorized fractal

If you dont know – why you answering? Its game bug that developers must fix.

(edited by Sunduck.2450)

Sunduck.2450

Repaired files and runned again
there is that place

http://s18.postimage.org/rz1bwtb6x/gw006.jpg

and there is a part of crashdump

—> Crash <—
Exception: c0000005
Memory at address 00000000 could not be read
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 6624
Cmdline: -repair
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 16092
When: 2012-11-19T18:46:59Z 2012-11-19T22:46:59+04:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:13:24
Flags: 0

—> System <—
Processors: 8 [GenuineIntel:6:14:5]
OSVersion: Windows 6.1 (64 bit)

—> System Memory <—
Physical: 7935MB/12279MB 64%
Paged: 18833MB/24556MB 76%
Virtual: 2429MB/ 4095MB 59%
Load: 35%
CommitTotal: 5723MB
CommitLimit: 24556MB
CommitPeak: 6899MB
SystemCache: 8311MB
HandleCount: 30038
ProcessCount: 76
ThreadCount: 1193

—> Process Memory <—
Private: 1240MB
WorkingSet: 1079MB
PeakWorkingSet: 1325MB
PageFaults: 1129553

—> Game Context <—
MapId: 872
Flags: 0×241
ElapsedTime: 00:03:19

—> DirectX Device Info <—
VendorId = 0×1002
DeviceId = 0×6718
Version = 8.17.0010.1151
Description = AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Compat = 0×00000000
VidMem = 3814 MB

i would like to hear an answer.

Posted by: Twitcher.5683

Twitcher.5683

I too crash when in the Uncatagorized dungeon in the exact spot the others are crashing. I hope a fix will be coming soon.

Posted by: Excruciator.5249

Excruciator.5249

Just thought I would post to say, a guildmate of mine has been having this exact same problem. We were able to circumvent the crash issue somewhat; I jumped to the top of the section, dropped a mesmer portal and then dropped back town to my guildmate, who waited at the start. She was able to portal up and complete the dungeon. There were no crashing issues on subsequent jumping sections. It’s not ideal, but it’s an option for now, I guess.

Posted by: Skittles.9285

Skittles.9285

In case no one reads the details of those crash reports:

—> Crash <—
Pid: 5124
Cmdline:
Build: 16100
When: 2012-11-20T10:08:51Z 2012-11-20T04:08:51-06:00
Uptime: 0 days 2:19:20

Happens every time in the exact same place on that map in the dungeon. Care to fix?

Lakota De Ortus – 80 Mes WvW Commander | Kota De Ortus – 80 Guard WvW Commander
Regina De Ortus – 80 Elementalist | Sophia De Ortus – 80 Ranger
Henge of Denravi [PHZE]

Posted by: Untz.5984

Untz.5984

Repaired files and runned again
there is that place

http://s18.postimage.org/rz1bwtb6x/gw006.jpg

It happens to me in the same place. I just reinstalled windows, the game, last drivers + repair files …

Posted by: HellzHoliday.3576

HellzHoliday.3576

I get the same thing, just a couple stepping stones up from the start.

• Crash <—*
    Pid: 4576
    Cmdline:
    When: 2012-11-20T23:39:42Z 2012-11-20T17:39:42-06:00
    Uptime: 0 days 4:43:33
  • System <—*
    Name:
    Processors: 8 [GenuineIntel:6:10:7]
    OSVersion: Windows 6.1 (64 bit)
  • System Memory <—*
    Physical: 3583MB/ 8168MB 43%
    Paged: 11105MB/16336MB 67%
    Virtual: 1322MB/ 4095MB 32%
    Load: 56%
    CommitTotal: 5231MB
    CommitLimit: 16336MB
    CommitPeak: 5818MB
    SystemCache: 3745MB
    HandleCount: 25083
    ProcessCount: 65
    ThreadCount: 987
  • Process Memory <—*
    Private: 2014MB
    WorkingSet: 1911MB
    PeakWorkingSet: 2220MB
    PageFaults: 65687310
  • Game Context <—*
    MapId: 872
    Flags: 0×241
    ElapsedTime: 01:49:22

Posted by: Roland Shadow.6192

Roland Shadow.6192

Exact same thing happens to me. Only way to circumvent it is to Portal past it, have your group die and resurrect at the checkpoint or have your group do the fractal for you and miss out on the reward.

All of which are a MASSIVE inconvenience. I can’t be bothered with it till they can be bothered to get of their duffs and fix the issue.

Posted by: Brad.5197

Brad.5197

I would like to add that I am also experiencing this. Started happening in fractal 10+. Also I have it anywhere from the first to 2nd step and then I crash.

Posted by: PetiPup.7589

PetiPup.7589

Only way to circumvent it is to Portal past it, have your group die and resurrect at the checkpoint or have your group do the fractal for you and miss out on the reward.

Not a bad solution for now… granted… severe inconvenience, but if you could convince the group to die for you or get someone to portal you…. it is better than missing out on the entire thing… at least until they fix it… assuming they do.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

A certain fractal starting with a jumping puzzle and harpies causes me and a few others to crash every time. The crash is 100% guaranteed and I know exactly where it is. Once you reach the right platform, the game will crash midjump. And there is no way around it. I even had a mesmer try and portal me to the top. It still crashes.

I do not crash normally, this is about the only place in the game I have crashed since early beta.

I am running the game on:

MSI GX660 laptop with
- Intel core i5-460M
- 4GB DDR3 SODIMM ram
- ATI Radeon HD 5870 (1GB DDR5)
- 1920×1080 resolution
- Latest non-beta drivers.

The bug will occur no matter my graphics settings ingame.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: CHEN.3645

CHEN.3645

No offense but, Ive never once had it crash in fractals. This sounds like a bad driver or memory kitten out. I have a 6850 myself by the way. I’d check your memory/cpu usage in game, otherwise somethings corrupt or hampering the game itself.

Treeline.3865

No offense but, Ive never once had it crash in fractals. This sounds like a bad driver or memory kitten out. I have a 6850 myself by the way. I’d check your memory/cpu usage in game, otherwise somethings corrupt or hampering the game itself.

No offense, but I’ve heard 3 occurences of the same crash in the same fractal, and since the bug occured the first time i did update/reinstall drivers.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Doesn’t happen to me or anyone I’ve played with either, and I have done that fractal a good couple dozen times with different groups. Not sure what to tell you, man, but maybe you have a corrupted file and should reinstall GW2.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Treeline.3865

One thing i would try before ruling it out though, is checking all the GW2 data consistency, but I do not know if there is any way of doing this.

Edit: Found out about the -repair argument. Will update later if it changes anything.

(edited by Treeline.3865)

Posted by: Marche.2416

Marche.2416

I have run 12 fractal run today. Non of it pass all 3 fractals. It is whether got people dc, self dc, or error. And yes , i’m still at level 1. I rarely dc/error in other dungeon. All my drivers are updated.

Posted by: Disruptive.2509

Disruptive.2509

It’s happened to me twice today in the exact same spot on the uncategorized fractal between 2 of the steps in the first puzzle.

The game abruptly closes, and I get the Arenanet error report window.

We really need the ability to rejoin our parties. This is ridiculous. Of the 7-8 times I’ve done this instance maybe twice was without having to 4 man the instance from DC’ing or people crashing.

Why no waypoints?

Why no ability to rejoin your parties instance?

Recruiting all levels for PvX on Jade Quarry!
http://axegang.enjin.com

HellzHoliday.3576

Bump. Really want to play this fractal.

Posted by: Fenris.2483

Fenris.2483

My group has had no problems in fractals until we got up to lvls 8 & 9 and now whenever we get to the 3rd Fractal in the group somone gets DC’d in that fractal with a crash. This has happened 4 times forcing us to redo fractals 8 & 9 series. We have the same players each time and have not had this problem at all prior to getting past lvl 8. 3 different people have crashed so this is not a player specific issue.

Officer of Tyrian Claws 500 Strong Ehmry Bay Guild
80 Guardian |100% World Comp |“Yes I’m a Dev and
yes I’m a wolf and no you can’t touch my tail.”

Posted by: hellraizer.4253

hellraizer.4253

I have been talking to the support team..
They say that its cuzz off mine pc.. Ofcs they say that they wont take the blame on there part..

They said that its cuzz i run whit windows 7 and a 32bit version.
That i “run out off memory”
But i should crash in wvw in those extreem battles 2 and i have no problem at all i nearly never crash

I had to do some things to let the pc use more memory at that specifik moment
I done that and it still crashes
The other solution was to put more ram in and use a 64bit systime..
But it seems that there are ppl whit the 64bit version have the same crashes 2
If it was the “out off memory” thing i would crash on other places to and not only on that 1 lil jump

So pls read this and repley on it, someone from the staff and dont let us w8 here whitout any information or any post about it

Treeline.3865

Update: I have run the game with the “repair” argument. It did not solve the crash.
I am without a clue.

Sunduck.2450

They said that its cuzz i run whit windows 7 and a 32bit version.

Ha. I have Win 7 64. Fourth day in a row my computer complete all tests that support team throw at me with golden medals.

Network test
Clean restart with disabled services
Repaired install
Frequencies on memory
Frequencies on CPU cores
6 hours of RAM testing
complete reinstall

Game crash at same place with regular consistency. ONLY in that place, in all other aspects game is very stable for me.

I’m just curious when they will acknowledge that THEY screwed up.

And most interesting – even if they fix this bug we will have very little chances to find party for our levels because everyone else is already on 10+ level .

(edited by Sunduck.2450)

Posted by: Shaun.8049

Shaun.8049

I’m having this same crash. Portalling through does NOT work, because the game crashes as soon as you portal. Checkpointing forward does NOT work since it crashes as soon as you press “return to checkpoint”. I’ve tried repairing the files and re-installing completely and neither worked. This is sooo frustrating because there is NO way past it.

ALSO, I run Windows 7 64 bit edition with 8GB of RAM. i5 3.1 Ghz processor. xfx radeon 6870 1 Gb video card.

Also, here is the crash info:

• Crash <—*
    Pid: 2072
    Cmdline:
    When: 2012-11-22T19:46:47Z 2012-11-22T13:46:47-06:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:08:52

(edited by Shaun.8049)

Treeline.3865

I’m running a fresh install of Windows 8 (x64) – Updated driver etc etc. Same issue as you people.

Posted by: lxxl.7831

lxxl.7831

same problem, same spot. this used to happen to my AC, and TA, anet fixed it so they must know the problem.

Posted by: Kaahlin.6547

Kaahlin.6547

So the group I was in just spent the last couple hours progressing thru the 3 dungeons of level 1.. which I gotta say, seeing it for the first time was really cool! .. anyway.. we got to the last boss of the last dungeon of the level.. the boss had a tiny sliver of health left when all the players in the group had their game client crash Simultaneously. (!!) We all logged back in to find ourselves back in Lions Arch and having to start all over again. (Which no one wanted to do). Judging from the reaction of Map Chat after a group member asked about it, this is not an isolated incident. Is this something the dev’s are aware of and hopefully working on a fix for?
Thanks for your time.

Posted by: Nazrur.6403

Nazrur.6403

What is the common link between us all? ATI/AMD video cards?

Treeline.3865

What is the common link between us all? ATI/AMD video cards?

Running ATI HD Radeon 5870 (Laptop)

Edit:

Just recieved response for support after telling them about the crash, and this is now recognizes as not being on our end – I have sent logs, computer statistics, crash info etc to them now per request. Hope they solve it soon.

(edited by Treeline.3865)

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

im having the same problem. Evertime im on the jumping stone area in the FotM the gw2 game client crashes. Please Anet do something. Thanks

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

Posted by: Kuraito.9162

Kuraito.9162

I keep crashing in FOTMs level 2 at the exact same spot. The platforms with the harpies, I get about halfway up, when GW just crashes. It even comes up with the bug report screen and asks me to send a report, which I’ve always done. Happened 3 times in a row so far, making it impossible to get beyond level 2 for FOTMs.

Posted by: Ribozyme.4150

Ribozyme.4150

I am also crashing at the same spot. I tried different video setting, reformatted computer (new ssd, yay!), different drivers, on alts, and on my laptop. None solved the problem. Oh, laptop is nvidia and desktop is ati.

Posted by: Lordzetal.5123

Lordzetal.5123

I am having same issues as you all with the same fractal. I am running nvidia 260’s sli. and i have tried single and sli modes , done a complete repair and reinstall several times. Checked my drivers several times over and all is up to date. I am military disabled and this is my relaxation i am getting tired of a bunch of kids yelling at me even when i tell them up front if it is only map i have issues in the whole game we wont be able to progress as a group.. the nerd rage and either kick me or all disband. So would love to see some assistance in this matter from devs input or such.

Thanks

With in darkness I shall hide. In shadows I shall stalk. My quarry is my bounty.

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

I have the exact same error. Entered FotM first time today and crashed the first time when this fractal came up on the same platform as everyone else here. Didnt think too much about it, restarted game, group came out to fetch me.
4 fractals later we get to this one again, I jump up, reach THAT platform, jump off of it and crash with the same “could not read from memory” stuff everyone else is getting.

Very annoying, please look into this!

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Posted by: Disruptive.2509

Disruptive.2509

This problem is not exclusive to Radeon/AMD.

It happened the last 2 times I ran FOTM.

My specs:
Win 7 64bit
GIGABYTE Super Overclock Series GV-N570SO-13I GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi)
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 × 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Recruiting all levels for PvX on Jade Quarry!
http://axegang.enjin.com

(edited by Disruptive.2509)

HellzHoliday.3576

Currently sitting, waiting for my group to finish this fractal. This is quite annoying. Any official word on this?!

Posted by: Zib.3205

Zib.3205

I crash in exactly the same spot. Only place I ever crash. Game is quite stable apart from that.

I did create a post a few days ago about it, it got buried, might as well add me to the list of FotM crashers!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Repeatable-crash-in-exactly-the-same-pot/first#post828210

Gato.1628

Niceeee. They seems to “updated” the client.

Before i was only getting crash at specific place. Now im crashing right from the beggining. So " unlock chackpoint and die" technique is no longer valid. What else ? Getting crashes right after entering fotom lobby ? -.-

Posted by: Rocket Dog.2710

Rocket Dog.2710

My guild ran a bunch of different scenarios and here’s what we found:

*Your party has to clear the map all the way to the stairs with the terminals. After they activate the terminals and shut down the stairs, you’ll be able to jump up to them and your party will not have to wipe.

*If your whole party agrees to wipe after getting the first checkpoint, you will teleport past the bugged 12’th platform to them and be able to complete the map.

*Similar to Fenris, we did not have any problems until Fractal 9. I had done Uncategorized multiple times and it was one of my favorite fractals. During my first Level 9 run, Uncategorized was the second to last Fractal and I crashed where everyone else has developed issues. From this point on, regardless of the fractal level I was in, I would crash on the same platform as per the picture in Sunduck’s post.

Posted by: red gecko.4735

red gecko.4735

same error and memory issue….al of frac working apart from this..same step.amd card/6g ram..64 bit win…
going to lose out on montly due to this issue…
……any fix or idea whats wrong……