Game FPS problem after latest patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: supernomnom.6594

supernomnom.6594

Hi

I was just wondering if I was the only one experiencing this issue.

After the latest build on 28th Feb/March 1st (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-February-26-2013), my game has been seriously chugging, FPS has been dropping to 15 – 25, which never happened prior to this date (even if it did it would be very rare and for just a few really brief moments).

It has come to a point where I am even going back into my game’s Graphic Options to adjust all the settings to minimal, which I’ve not had to tinker with ever since the game launched.

This morning, about 10 minutes getting into the game, frames started chugging again (from a steady 70 – 80fps down to 15 – 24) and then crashed out entirely including freezing up my whole machine having me to reboot completely.

Are there others out there having the same fps issues which started only the past couple of days?

I’ve updated my drivers to the latest ones already and no difference.
Nvidia 560ti 64bit Win7 Ultimate (nvidia drivers 314.)

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: BeerNPeanuts.4573

BeerNPeanuts.4573

I disconnect on every group event right now. 7:11:3:189:101…I’ve seen this error message so much I’ve got it memorized.

I’ve watched my FPS stay between 20-60 on these same events I’m disconnecting. So much instability with this game right now it’s becoming annoying to play. I’ve seen Tech Support gather information with no response as to what the actual cause is(if I’ve missed this can someone link it?)….One day I can run the game on highest settings, and the next day I’m getting disconnected on the lowest. I’ve lowered settings, updated drivers, pinged my internet, port forwarded, created other shortcuts with /port 80, adjusted my internal graphics settings, and the most important thing I checked for responses from Technical Support. But I sit here once again wondering what the heck do I have to do next to get this game to actually play consistently.

Patiently waiting for someone to speak up with something that actually works!

Rank 42 sPvP, 11k+ Achievements, All Classes

supernomnom.6594

Intermittent connection is not the same as fps/client crash issues.

Posted by: Knosoteric.3521

Knosoteric.3521

I don’t think theres much you can do on your side. It seems the problem is on their side.

Posted by: Litos.9678

Litos.9678

yes im having the same problems , tho i dont disconect , one day i got like 60+ FPS other day i have like 20 , its really annoying. Last arena.net update screwed the game :|

supernomnom.6594

I don’t think theres much you can do on your side. It seems the problem is on their side.

Thanks i actually just caught up with the other topics in this forum and apologize for duplicate topic.

I see a bigger topic reporting same BSODs and crashings after the most recent patch.

Guess I’m outta luck until a new patch comes in next week or 2… they don’t work weekends.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

BSOD in most cases is use to software drivers or hardware problems. Would help more if the BSOD error code is provided.

See Part 5.1 here for some troubleshooting starter tips.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream