Game Freezing/Mouse Cursor Disappearing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sarej.3802

Sarej.3802

I never had this issue before but about a week ago my game started randomly locking up about every 10-20 minutes and my mouse cursor will disappear. The game will freeze completely about 2 times for a second a piece and my character will continue to autorun while things get extremely choppy before returning to normal. I have no idea what the issue is at all since this is relatively new. I have no restore points on my PC and I’m on the latest Nvidia drivers.

(I sometimes have driver crashes every few hours but that’s not as big of an issue)

Attachments:

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Please post your CPU and GPU temps while the system is running idle and also after playing gw2 for about 15 minutes. (2 sets of temps for 2 components)

Sarej.3802

Not exactly sure how to tell my temperatures, honestly, but I don’t think my system runs hot as I have tested it before and I have plenty of fans equipped as well as an external fan blowing into the case without one of its sidings in place (which may or may not be a good idea but seems to keep the system cooler).

Sarej.3802

Update: The cursor isn’t really disappearing, it’s just locking up.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Not exactly sure how to tell my temperatures, honestly, but I don’t think my system runs hot as I have tested it before and I have plenty of fans equipped as well as an external fan blowing into the case without one of its sidings in place (which may or may not be a good idea but seems to keep the system cooler).

Download and run Hardware Monitor – it’s free and will show you your temperatures according to your computer’s built in sensors:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html