Game Loading Time is longer after Oct 7 patch (SSD)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

As the title said, I know I’m not the only one experiencing this at all.

The game load time is pretty much doubled over the last patch and I am on Corsair Force GT and a Vertex 4.

Both turns out the same results. All the SSD are tweaked in the Windows since GW2 Betas. It ran fine and fast.

Now it’s just taking longer than I expected. Even zoning into the Mists (A simple map).

Updates: Loading time after patch of Oct 11, it seem to have improved.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

(edited by DJRiful.3749)

Posted by: Alastis.4803

Alastis.4803

I noticed it today too. I’m on a 330 intel and the loading times are indeed generally slower on average for me.

I did notice though that sometimes; especially when using waypoints on the same map; the loading times are marginally better.

Posted by: Mac.1936

Mac.1936

Same problem for me, Vertex 4 256 Gig. Also, during tPvP I occasionally get an eternal loading screen.

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

I am experiencing the same, it is highly noticeable. Crucial M4 but it does not seem to be the matter.

Posted by: zen.8254

zen.8254

Same for me. My loading time has about doubled since the patch. I’m running vertex 4 and Radeon HD 7800, and I hadn’t had any problems with loading before this patch.

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Yup. Loading into Lion’s Arch on my SSD takes ages now!

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

It has been happening since the patch prior to yesterdays, but yest the game is loading much slower now, and I’m on an SSD :/

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Lions Arch takes me roughly 18 seconds to load uisng rig in my sig (GW2 on SSD)

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

Crucial SSD here and i’ve noticed a longer loading time as well.

Posted by: alexdpsg.8549

alexdpsg.8549

same here on a Raid 0 on 2 SSD’s ( something far beyond 1,1 GB/s Read/Write)

Posted by: michaeljhuman.3940

michaeljhuman.3940

I noticed slower load times too. I doubt it’s internal IO, given how fast my zone loads were in the past. My PC is likey not slower.

As to what could cause the slower loads, I have no idea. Something on the server side?

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Yes, not just Lion’s Arch, all loading screens have taken longer since last patch. I have an SSD as well, this is a new issue.

Posted by: mathisk.6427

mathisk.6427

Yep, I’ve noticed the load screens taking significantly longer as well.

Posted by: majestic.8129

majestic.8129

Same on a Samsung 830.

Posted by: Crusheddiamond.1895

Crusheddiamond.1895

Crucial M4, having the same issue here. Hoping for a red post

Posted by: chucky.4798

chucky.4798

I have the same problem. SanDisc 120Gb.
GW2 start ~15 sec from play button to character screen.
After character select ~40 sec to LA.
Go to Mist ~35 sec.

Posted by: seithan.4823

seithan.4823

Every loading takes much time now, i dont know which patch started the issue but its at least 2 weeks now. The loading was one thing i loved comming from SWTOR and now i end up looking frustated at the loading screen.

Not SSD here, normal HDD

Rig#1: i2500k@4Ghz/ 8GB Ram @ 1600/ Asus GTX580 CU
Rig#2: Core2duo@3Ghz/ 4GB DDR2/ 9800gtx+

Posted by: dub.3140

dub.3140

I’m getting the same exact problem on a Crucial M4 256. Have a couple other “load-intensive” games installed on it as well (Civilization 5, BF3, Shogun II) and they all still load beautifully.

Posted by: DaddyDaz.5193

DaddyDaz.5193

same. play a lot of different games (single player and mmo), as i can’t work or leave the house (disabled vet), and this game takes just about 4x longer to load then the slowest of any other game i play that’s on my SSD.

really not going to lie here, but this isn’t even close to ok. my system is top end, and my internet costs an arm and a leg so i wont have these issues.

experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Posted by: VerSo.1580

VerSo.1580

Loading is a lot longer than usual here as well. Corsair CSSD 120GB

Posted by: Hokouro.3469

Hokouro.3469

Same here… this is really boring… Intel SSD and 3x 4x loading…

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Im thinking it may be a networking problem between Anet servers and certain areas. Since like i posted, i get roughly 18second loading times for LA, which while not fast imo, is much better than what you all are stating.

my location is southeast England. I sugest every here who has slow loading times 30second+ should state there location aswell.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Same here, on a Crucial M4 128gb SSD.

I’m assuming the issue with loading times is the same issue with player models taking much longer to load now which is blatantly apparent in WvW and is something the devs have already confirmed is an issue since the last patch.

Both map loading and character rendering seem to be linked to the same “loading” type issue. So I’m hoping them fixing the rendering problem will help with map loading as well, because current load times on an SSD are unacceptable.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

256gb ocz vertex 4, same here, loading seems double what it was before

Crusheddiamond.1895

Wonder if there working on it or not? LOVE my SSD but kinda hard to not be bummed right now

Posted by: Mac.1936

Mac.1936

I think it’s safe to assume they are working on it. It is likely a similar problem to the eternal loading screen that occurs occasionally while loading maps, since they both started happening with recent patch. Which I hope, when they fix one it fixes both. And they’ve already posted they are working on that issue.

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

also running GW2 on a SSD (windows-installation drive) and didn’t noticed any difference
it might be the placebo effect
i’m always keeping that drive to less than 60% capacity and clean it daily as well as disabled prefetecher, hybernate and superfetch for the best performance

i read somewhere on here, that deleting your temp-file within your GW2 folder would help at some loading-screen issues (it will be rebuild on launching GW2)
can’t confirm it tho

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

It’s not specific to SSDs. I have GW2 on an array that transfers at close to 750 MB/s and I also get loading times that can vary between 10 and 30 seconds.

It’s also impressive how GW2 manages to go through 15-second loading screen when you’re teleporting back and forth between two waypoints in the same zone, and sometimes even when you teleport to a waypoint that was already visible on your screen. It’s literally faster to walk there.

Something is rotten in the kingdom of GW2’s caching (and it’s not lack of RAM; I have 32 GB, of which GW2 never seems to use more than 2).

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: HairChalice.2315

HairChalice.2315

Having the same issue, glad to see it’s related to the patch and not my SSD failing. Will bookmark this page and hope for a solution.

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Yes I noticed this to.

Time loading levels has doubled if not tripled for me.

Im running the corsair Force GS SSD

I noticed this the first loading screen after patch.

Posted by: Toryama.5802

Toryama.5802

got the Samsung SSD830 and loading time is a LOT more now… had only a couple of seconds before and up to 4 MINUTES on an SSD in WvW now.
Seems to be definately on the server side, since IO/RAM/CPU/GPU/Network are each way below 5-10% usage during loading screens…

Specs:
i7 3.8 GHz
12 GB RAM
GTX680 SLI
Samsung 830SSD
50MB/s up/down network with a fast connection to the DE-CIX in Frankfurt

(edited by Toryama.5802)

Posted by: Hecuter.6274

Hecuter.6274

Crucial Vertex 3. Zone / Port loading time also increased to ~10 seconds from ~2.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

It isn’t your system, my specs are very different from others and I have the same issue. I was coming here to check out if maybe there is a file or group of files getting fragmented by these updates but it just seems its poor coding.

Let me further state I do not have an SSD, just an HD, and again the load times are much longer. It has nothing to do with your system specs.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

(edited by GOSU.9574)

Posted by: achilleez.2750

achilleez.2750

Can confirm that my loading times are now significantly longer (SSD) since the 7th October patch. Even slower than my wifes ancient hard drive.

Posted by: nimajneb.3871

nimajneb.3871

I wondered if it was just me, but the load times do seem increased. For example, at startup I can now see each portrait for my characters get populated, whereas before it was just “blip” all there. It’s not ages for me (SSD, Crucial) but it is noticeably longer.

Crusheddiamond.1895

It’s not just you. Sad to see theres no confirmation from Anet on this issue it’s pretty obvious to all SSD owners.

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

^not true at all.^
not to me though.

as i said, did you guys tried my advices? and are you sure it’s not just a placebo?
i keep my SSD clean and below 70% used space (especially if it’s also the windows partition) and do not have such issues.

i just noticed that the character-selection screen loads for 2 seconds...but that could be the case earlier, before the october 7th patch, too.

if you look at a loading screen biased, while thinking "man, i heard that it loads slower now", then it will be slower - guaranteed. :P

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

DJRiful.3749

^not true at all.^
not to me though.

as i said, did you guys tried my advices? and are you sure it’s not just a placebo?
i keep my SSD clean and below 70% used space (especially if it’s also the windows partition) and do not have such issues.

i just noticed that the character-selection screen loads for 2 seconds…but that could be the case earlier, before the october 7th patch, too.

if you look at a loading screen biased, while thinking “man, i heard that it loads slower now”, then it will be slower – guaranteed. :P

No Wauwi, I’ve ran the map many time back and fore + dungeons waypoints before the patch. It was quick at loading as always. But now it takes longer to load and it is very obvious.

Everything is fast for me before the patch or changes. It is clearly not my system problem or placebo effects. My system is screaming fast at anything you throw at it.

Take CoF dungeon, loading the very first waypoint from the end boss. Took a while without any reason why for such a small instance map.

Loading into Mists takes like 20-30 sec.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

(edited by DJRiful.3749)

Crusheddiamond.1895

^not true at all.^
not to me though.

i just noticed that the character-selection screen loads for 2 seconds…but that could be the case earlier, before the october 7th patch, too.

if you look at a loading screen biased, while thinking “man, i heard that it loads slower now”, then it will be slower – guaranteed. :P

My GW2 is on a SSD by itself…256gb Crucial M4 with only 1 other game installed (Dishonored)

And I am SURE that it happened after the patch since my GF computer which i built is running a HDD not a SSD and shes loading in a half secound right after I do (on a lesser system as well) When before it would load a good 5-10 secs later then me.

So no its NOT a placebo effect.

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

I’ve noticed this, too. SSD here as well. Game is using WAY more memory now as well: I’m hitting 2.8GB of memory usage. Last couple of patches has caused a memory leak within the game.

DJRiful.3749

Loading time after patch Oct 11, seem to have improved.

Posted by: Squall Leonhart.2075

Squall Leonhart.2075

much faster then it was on my 1TB Black FAEX

Posted by: Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Daysy of Ascalon.1974

I don’t mind the extra memory usage but the long loading time is a pain and seems like a step backwards.

Posted by: BlowFish.5174

BlowFish.5174

At release it was much faster it’s actually got to the point that I do something else while it zones. A longer journey that needs you to cross several zones/waypoints (gathering for example) is starting to get frustrating. I am typing this while I wait for a zone to load, kinda breaks immersion

Posted by: michaeljhuman.3940

michaeljhuman.3940

My zone loads seem pretty reasonable at the moment. < 15 seconds I think but I did not time it. I remember 60 second zone loads for EQ when that MMO first came out. Turned out, for that game, RAM helped a lot.