Game WOnt STart - BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: carlvinmadarang.4130

carlvinmadarang.4130

When I start the game I get a black screen and then the client closes. The deleting the GW2 folder doesn’t work either or re-installing. Here are my system specs:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
SMC Version (system): 1.71f21

carlvinmadarang.4130

MAC OSX 10.6.8

Forgot to add that in

carlvinmadarang.4130

Please, someone help I have no idea what else to do. : /

carlvinmadarang.4130

Okay here’s an update:

If I do the delete Guild Wars 2 folder over and over again eventually the game will work (average tries of 20 times). But if I exit the game, and try to relog it will show me the black screen again until I delete the Guild Wars 2 folder over and over… Seriously, what’s the deal? Get your crap together ANet. Your game is way better than WoW, but at least Blizzard’s game WORKS.

carlvinmadarang.4130

Got it working after 24 tries of deleting GW2 folder. Question though, has ANYONE had this working correctly the first time they downloaded?

Posted by: Mofeki.7231

Mofeki.7231

MIne is doing the same exact thing I believe. It is frustrating. I hit play and it’s just a black screen, if I hit command+enter it turns into a small white one. The mouse changes as though it’s in game but the rest isn’t working properly. I have deleted and reinstalled it as well and the same thing happened.

Posted by: Mofeki.7231

Mofeki.7231

I found another forum that helped.

Go to your finder.
Then go to library
Then go to Application Support
And then delete the file for Guild Wars 2.
Re-launch the game and it should work.

Drax is the one that posted the original solution.

Posted by: Fenrir.5461

Fenrir.5461

Is this a joke? I dont think Anet even looks at this forum, there is 0 threads with a response by them, some support forum this is

last time they did an update for the mac client was 5 months ago and this kittening bug has been around since then, you’d think with a GAMEBREAKING bug they’d at least acknowledge it or try to fix it

carlvinmadarang.4130

That deleting the folder thing doesn’t work for me.

And for real, I HATE WoW, but at least Blizzard has some form of customer support. Anet is looking like a complete joke right now. Tired of trying to make this game work. Die hard player since GW1, but I’m going to get my refund from these jokers.

Posted by: AltarBeast.4709

AltarBeast.4709

I have been having the same exact problem. I delete the preferences folder after each failed attempt and finally after 5-15 tries, somehow it magically makes it past the black screen of death. Really frustrating that I have to waste my time just starting the game…. PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!

Posted by: Orannis the Destroyer.4501

Orannis the Destroyer.4501

Same thing is happening to me… after i get past the login screen, the mouse changes to an in-game mouse, my screen darkens, but nothing. Sometimes the black screen. I’m running a MacPro on Lion

Posted by: Linklol.9340

Linklol.9340

Me too

I just bought this game and I can’t even enjoy it because it won’t run. Q_Q

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Link, for this kind of issue, you should always post system specs if you want help, and include your vid card.

On the pr forums, this issue is many times caused bu drivers issues, but as maccies, as long is software update is up-to-date, we don’t ave that issue.

You could again, try any of the usual Mac fixes, but I still think, since you’re receiving this issue plus the code C0000005, you may want to try your luck with a ticket.

Then I ask again that you come back to this forums that you posted on and share the fox that worked for you.

Let me know if you’d like me to post the troubleshooting steps for you at all.