Game Won't DL Update

Game Won't DL Update

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JungleNin.8379

JungleNin.8379

I get to about 10kb of data, then it stops and tells me “Unable to verify the Guild Wars 2 executable. Please try again. If this problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the application, or contact customer support.”

Because it will take several hours to download reinstall, I want to see if CustSupport can help me first.

Attachments:

(edited by JungleNin.8379)

Game Won't DL Update

JungleNin.8379

Had the wrong diagnostic report linked, should be the right one now.

Game Won't DL Update

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

You can backup the gw2.dat file to avoid having to re-download ~17.5gb of data. That should shave off most of the reinstall time. After you install the client and it begins to download, close the client, then overwrite the newest gw2.dat file with your large backed up one. Then reopen client to allow it to try to download the updates and misc files.

Test that out and let us know how you go.

Game Won't DL Update

JungleNin.8379

I’d like to get word from someone on the support team first, I don’t want to screw around with anything unless I absolutely have to.

Game Won't DL Update

Kyllaa.1385

That may or may not happen here in a timely manner (it does sometimes though). If you want a definitive response from staff, file a support ticket.

But it’s your time. Good luck!

Game Won't DL Update

JungleNin.8379

I tried to reinstall and it gave me the SAME ERROR.

Game Won't DL Update

Kyllaa.1385

Do you have a crash log? Named arenanet.log? Usually this is under my documents/guild wars 2, export that as a .txt and post it.

Game Won't DL Update

JungleNin.8379

I sent the crash log along with the networkdiag from before I uninstalled and tried to reinstall. This is a problem with GW2, as I can update and play other games.

Game Won't DL Update

Kyllaa.1385

Gw2 is a totally different animal from other games and you can hardly compare them.

It’s very possible this is a client issue though, they may have changed something in the way they client is connecting, but without seeing the crash codes or messages, it’s impossible to speculate here.

Check this out either way, you may need to have a play with antivirus/firewall settings or mess with your modem/router ports.

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994/~error-codes

FYI, another person mentioned that their antivirus locked gw2 with this patch, so maybe you have a similar issue. Food or thought.

Game Won't DL Update

JungleNin.8379

I checked my antivirus, I use the free version of Avast! and tried disabling things until it started working. Still no dice.