Game crash when trying new Black lion trade

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ferrowbane.6071

Ferrowbane.6071

Yea, as the title says I am having an is when opening the Black Lion Trade and clicking the tab that allows you to now buy/sell your items. The page loads half way through and then stops, the game then freezes for a moment before giving me a serious error message and then closes my game.

Oh, and I have to reset my Mac to re-start the game.

Any help on this one?

Thanks

Posted by: Hypericon.6157

Hypericon.6157

Happening the same to me atm

most I also have to manually kill the running process via monitor activity or the game won’t start anymore…

Posted by: Rain.7542

Rain.7542

Same here!
When i went to sell items the game crashed and then I couldn’t open it again.
It says [The application “Guild Wars 2” can’t be opened. -1712]
I don’t want to have to re-install the game again.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Try deleting the GW2 application support folder. It’s not going to fix the in game issues, but it might allow the client to start up without the error message. Hopefully… :S

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

I was able to open the trading post without issue but mine crashed (and I had to manually force quit the process) when I tried to use my home portal stone.

Posted by: HBNole.4396

HBNole.4396

Same happened to me. Trading post just TRASHED my OS Mavericks Mac. Reboot & now the client won’t start without errors.

Posted by: ananda.5946

ananda.5946

The new trading post crashes my computer reliably. I guess no QA was done on Mac client again.

It is crashing the game.
it is also crashing my whole computer.

Errors received:
Timed out while creating browser view… – crashed the computer so it had to reboot
destBits[level] – crashed the game

After the crash, you must go into Activity Monitor and Force Quit the instances of GW2 running. I also noticed that there are three instances of GW2 running when I launched the game in the Activity Monitor. Not sure if that has always been the case or not, but after crashing, two of those are still running.

How could QA have missed this if QA was done on the Mac client? This is not a hard to reproduce error.

Posted by: Queen.1867

Queen.1867

Trading Post crashes my game, can’t use it.

Posted by: HBNole.4396

HBNole.4396

Ananda, they have a much, much bigger problem than the Mac beta. Their Windows client isn’t working either! It seems like no one can run the game at the moment — with the possible exception of people who never tried to use the Trading Post.

Posted by: Bacon.7035

Bacon.7035

Worked fine for me up until recently. Used the TP plenty for buying and selling items the last few hours. I just needed to get a few more items for some crafting tonight, then it started to freeze. The game crashes, and I can’t load it again unless I restart my macbook.

I’m using a rMbp 2013 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB.

Attachments:

Bacön

Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Ananda, they have a much, much bigger problem than the Mac beta. Their Windows client isn’t working either! It seems like no one can run the game at the moment — with the possible exception of people who never tried to use the Trading Post.

lolwut. The Windows version of the game and trading post are working just fine. There might be some people who were having problems, but I can confirm that it was working a-ok for me and most other windows users. OSX version is a different story >.> I don’t understand how they managed to not test it at all. Ridiculous.

Posted by: WesleySnipes.3917

WesleySnipes.3917

once more anet kittens on our heads and walks away. it’s just so annoying when you get to the point where u can’t do kitten but to give up. we wasted our money on a joke. mac client will always be kittenty and will never get out of beta.

obs: kitten = anger that cannot be censured

(edited by WesleySnipes.3917)

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

My game crashes too and gets the same message but not during the trade post. It crashes when im dueling and my friend shatters me.

Attachments:

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Same thing happening here… TP is not working on the Mac.

Can we please get an official answer on this?

Posted by: xiwan.3124

xiwan.3124

I don’t know that this will fix this issue for others, but it did for me.

In the past, all game updates that included a separate window that would pop up before the login window (“TG Update” or something like that) came with TP issues. It usually turned out that the TG thing or whatever it is wasn’t installing properly and that our solution usually involved some workaround that would manually install this update. Then, after that was taken care of, the TP would return to normal.

This time, I noticed on my OSX Mavericks Mac that two separate GW2 icons were in the dock when the game was running…as if two programs were running at once. Once the game was loaded, I could figure out which one was the real program and which one wasn’t by clicking back and forth and seeing which one allowed me to move my character or hear game sounds. Then, I double clicked the other (non functioning) icon and chose “quit.” This froze the working program for a few seconds and then closed the whole program altogether while removing both icons. Then, when I opened the program after this, the TG update thing installed properly, there is only one icon in the dock, and the TP works just fine.

Like I said, maybe this was just me, but perhaps it is helpful to someone else.

Posted by: Ceit.1869

Ceit.1869

I’m having the same crashing issues, but failing to restart is the usual issue. A “cider” process is left running, that’s the core process that the Transgaming tech Anet is using to run on Mac requires. It’s basically WINE, so you may also have a leftover “wineserver” process. If you open up the Terminal app out of your Utilities folder and type (without the quotes) “pkill cider”, hit return, “pkill wineserver”, hi return it will tell any process by those names to exit.

Caveat: If you’re running another program under WINE at the same time you’ll probably kill those as well, but most people won’t have that issue.

ETA: I forgot that most people don’t have proctools installed, so instead there’s the slightly scary:

killall -s -m '^cider$'
This will kill every process that is named “cider”, which should be safe unless you change the line. If you do it, copy and paste it – do not change it in any way lest you kill off a lot of random stuff you need.

(edited by Ceit.1869)

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I haven’t had any TP crash problems. I did have one crash loading into a new zone after about an hour and a half of play (about 30 minutes after doing a big group PvE event with settings cranked all the way up to about as high as you can).

The game hasn’t obviously degraded or improved for me significantly at all as far as crashing.

Are we sure this TP crash problem isn’t a server side issue where the server was sending out something funky that was causing the clients to explode? Also, what OS are you guys using? (10.9.4)

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Don’t like this new tp at all but at least earlier it seemed to run very fast and smoothly so tricked me into thinking we have a truly stable tp now…. Haha first hit me with the darkening screen, irritating after 2yrs since this game launched they still haven’t eliminated this… Nevermind that’s easily fixed by shrinking and full screening the game… Then afterward every time I’ve tried to use the ‘new improved’ tp it has not only failed to operate it crashes my game and spams some error message as you all have said too. Why it worked in the day time for me I don’t know… Big thumbs down here for the tp, better luck next time Anet before mouthing off about making a great improvement to the game…

Whada you know another crash, I give up till they send a hot fix…

Posted by: Adast.4531

Adast.4531

I try to go to the TP and it half loads. Then I close it and the game freezes. After that I can’t get out of the mac client and have to do a hard shutdown of my computer. Has happened twice in less than 10 mins.

Posted by: Mercury.1342

Mercury.1342

Was able to access TP once after waiting a couple minutes for it to load. But when I went back to try a second time, it completely froze my computer and had to force shut down in order to regain any sort of function. Tried the TP again after restarting and got the same error message causing GW2 to crash.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ Same issue here

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Cullyn.1342

Cullyn.1342

Me too. Basically if I dare to interrupt the loading process by either trying to close the popup or click on something it will either hang and require a hard reset, or crash with the browser error noted above. Running OSX 10.9.4.

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Update, game is just as crashy as ever in WvW. Have to put all my graphics settings down to the lowest (I normally run on basically everything as high as I can and get between 30-60 fps) otherwise the instant the enemy zerg gets near I crash.

Well, I was hoping they finally fixed the issue but whatever.

Yifang.8260

Just crashed from wvw myself… The TP actually worked though only after 1 crash and mysteriously after I compiled a crash report to support… Hopefully there won’t be anymore crashes… (Nope there still are!)

(edited by Yifang.8260)

Posted by: UncleSwag.7930

UncleSwag.7930

Same thing here. So I decided to look it up and see if there were any ways of preventing it. I am sad that I found nothing… :[

Posted by: Phil.1039

Phil.1039

This is happening to me. It started a few days ago. Sometimes the TP works fine, but sometimes it fails to load, and when it does, the second I close the window the game freezes.

I was able to play for a while by leaving the TP open until I was at a stopping-point, and then closing it and accepting my freeze.

As others have mentioned, I often have to restart the computer to get the game to open again.

Yifang.8260

I’ve posted in many threads about this, best fix I got is run the tp when you don’t have an internet program on same time, notably browsers. Teamspeak may also conflict with the tp, if that doesn’t fix it I haven’t any better ideas just yet.