Game crash when using a portal

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ryla Raven.8413

Ryla Raven.8413

The game completely crashes about 1 out of every 5 times I use a portal. Any suggestions? It has gotten to where I am afraid to use portals anymore and just run everywhere.

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Ryla Raven – Could you please post your crash report to this thread? You can find it by navigating to Documents\Guild Wars 2 and it should be the ArenaNet.log file. You also attach it by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

This will hopefully give us some indication as to why you’re experiencing this crash issue.

Posted by: Vaadeer.5013

Vaadeer.5013

+1 ,you are not alone m8 ,something is rly messed up with game stability overal.Before last patch i had almost no crash issues..only few dcs from time to time,now its crash every 6-8h of gameplay + asura portal stuff as a mad lotery… — u pass or u crash!

Posted by: Vaadeer.5013

Vaadeer.5013

Heres my log…I have same problem as creator of topic…after every [numerous] crash I have encountered I marked option ,,Send to Anet’’ so u have like 20 or 30 of my crash reports already..or maybe am I wrong?

Posted by: pamelakd.3107

pamelakd.3107

Same problem here too. Happens every time I have a game update of any moderate size.

Attachments:

Posted by: Blackstar.9478

Blackstar.9478

Hi Ryla Raven – Could you please post your crash report to this thread? You can find it by navigating to Documents\Guild Wars 2 and it should be the ArenaNet.log file. You also attach it by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

This will hopefully give us some indication as to why you’re experiencing this crash issue.

Posted by: Blackstar.9478

Blackstar.9478

When crashes occur we indicate the matter to what was happening when it occured. I have this problem quite alot and would be intrested in knowing what has been researched on this matter. I see that you asked the origianl person to send you the info from the crash, but i do not see any response posted to resolve the issue. Could you please update this posting to let all of us know on where the process is on getting an answer? Please, and thank you.

Posted by: Ryla Raven.8413

Ryla Raven.8413

I saw somewhere a tech said there is a known issue with GW2 crashing with Nvidia GTX video cards and with Windows 32bit systems. I have both. So that might be why I am getting the crashes. I tried the Windows XP 3GB switch option and it didn’t work and caused more issues on my computer than I was willing to put up with. So I guess I will wait for a fix. I hope it won’t be too long of a wait. My error log states at the beginning “out of memory” which would go with the Windows 32bit theory. But I also noticed in the log lots of problems with what sounds like 3D model parts not being found? Please take a look at the log and see what I mean.
Thank you.

Attachments:

(edited by Ryla Raven.8413)

Posted by: Exior.9186

Exior.9186

I had the same problem before, but I changed from 32 bit to 64 bit. and I never crashed after that.

Posted by: Narya Firering.9301

Narya Firering.9301

Same problem here. I am including my log file.

Attachments:

Posted by: Archon.7516

Archon.7516

Same here! Happens when I change zones, no problems before but all day today

Vexzen Archonis – Lost [BP] 80 D/D Theif

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Looks like BAD CODING to me!!! ANET, please, please spank this bad act, give it a timeout, or banish it to the mists!!! PLEASE

Posted by: Washaz.3809

Washaz.3809

Hi Anet.

Having quite a lot of errors with the launcher. Sometimes it’s only on the download, it just stops and the launcher crashes after it.

Now having the same problem but after doing the download, clicked on “play” and it simply crashes again.

Added the log for you information.

I hope that this gets fixed soon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Archon.7516

Archon.7516

Now my guardian is perpetually stuck in the loading screen for the zone, and is unplayable. Is there a fix for this? “Show me your logs” is not tech support.

Vexzen Archonis – Lost [BP] 80 D/D Theif