Game crashes on full server frustration

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Milo.6325

Milo.6325

Is it just me or have client crashes become common? They tend to happen at the most annoying time, such as a world encounter (Silverwaste boss or other). Since servers are full, I can’t log back on the server I was, therefore loosing the reward I had been working on for the past hour. It has happen on several occasion, enough for me to think about just leave this game as I don’t see any fix in the near future; HoT being the priority. It has just brought me so much frustration. Anyone in the same boat?

Posted by: Evga.2471

Evga.2471

I had the same problem (crashed once so far). My game would crash in the middle of a world boss. I run my game at full graphics (everything is maxed out).
The way I limited/get rid of crashing was overclocking my CPU (don’t recommend it and it is at your own risk if you do).

I sent in a support ticket and they told to change some settings in MSCONFIG before I even overclocking my CPU but the game was still crashing. I’m not going to tell you what you should do in MSCONFIG. The reason why is that I’m by no means a computer technician (I’m currently going to school for IT). I’m just being honest here.

Hope this might help to a certain extent and lets hope you find a solution soon.

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

I had frequent crashes when I started playing about a month ago as I had Win 7 x32-bit (didn’t realise my boyfriend had installed it instead of x64). It was really frustrating me until I realised what the issue was and reinstalled Windows.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Jeremiel.8350

Jeremiel.8350

Same thing happened to me today during a world boss fight. Got kicked, message popped up saying I had been disconnected. I had to close the game via the task manager. On re-launching the game I was in a different game instance, hence no reward.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

I was having quite frequent crashes, but I tracked them to two things:

I was leaving chrome open in the background, often with many tabs open. Since I got more observant about what programs I have open and using up memory crashes decreased considerably. Note: This was with windows 10 64 bit and 8 gigs of ram, chrome was sometimes using up monstrous amounts of memory, if you have a 32 bit OS and/or less ram it could be even more severe.

What finally got rid of my crashes though, was using MSI afterburner to set my fan speeds on my video card more aggressively. Nvidia’s default is very conservative and apparently something about that was making GW2 unstable.

So, my system is a little noisier with the faster GPU fans, and I have to remember to close chrome before launching the game, but between those two things my crashes are pretty much completely gone. Might be worth a try for you.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

(edited by imsoenthused.1634)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I run my game at full graphics (everything is maxed out).

Thats is the problem. Set at least character model limit to medium.

Only fix from ANets side would give us a 64-bit client or bring back “culling”
that automatically limits the character models, but was removed due to
complains from the players.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.