Game crashes

Game crashes

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: CLundkvist.7814

CLundkvist.7814

I know theres probably topics like this one but think i have something to say thats uniqe.

Ok so under the beta the game ran without problem (not a single crash)
Now i crashed like random things like changing zone to often, wvw randomly under preasure and being alone just complete random.

So i figured i just reinstall the computer completely “with a fresh computer and everything” i installed all nessisary things like drivers, anti virus and gw2 ofc to give it a new try. Now kitten just got real i crash everytime i minimize the game or zone.

Why worse? i’ve heard something about the soundcard may be the problem like it was in BF3 “alot of people said they solved the problem by buying a extern soundcard”

So my question is how can i fix this?

Need help now when its completly unplayeble!

Canyourunit says i should be able to play this at max without problem.

4000 ram, Geforce gtx 295, quadcore, vista 32Bit

Attachments:

Knight Wm
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by CLundkvist.7814)

Game crashes

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hi CLundkvist I’d like to collect a bit more information from you before I can come to any conclusions. Could you attach a crash report to this thread for review? You can find it by navigating to Documents\Guild Wars 2. It will be an ArenaNet.log file.

Game crashes

CLundkvist.7814

it should be on the main post now

Knight Wm
Far Shiverpeaks

Game crashes

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Thanks for the report. It looks like nvd3dum.dll is the culprit here. The report is referring to your video card drivers. I would suggest a clean installation of the newest Nvidia drivers for your card.

Are these the drivers you’ve been using?
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-32bit-306.97-whql-driver.html

Game crashes

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

To avoid cluttering more topics i will post for help on this one too.

Can you also take a look at mine? i’m crashing when i change maps, it is not often but it happens everyday. I also happens during big fights like wvw. I do not experience framerate issues or the like, just random crashes. Dungeons too.

Attachments:

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Game crashes

CLundkvist.7814

Thanks for the report. It looks like nvd3dum.dll is the culprit here. The report is referring to your video card drivers. I would suggest a clean installation of the newest Nvidia drivers for your card.

Are these the drivers you’ve been using?
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-32bit-306.97-whql-driver.html

yes i am

Why dont this accure in other games? why could i play fine in the beta?

Things i’ve done:
I was using those drivers even before i clean installed windows from scratch, had the same problem just didnt crash as often, now i have the same drivers “the newest -you linked” just that now i crash more frequently (when tabbing out or change zone in the game)

Tried speed up the ram with no result.

If it now is my video card how do i fix this? I mean i’ve installed and reinstalled the drivers, even tried different ones before i clean installed windows completly.

Also wanted to add that searched around a bit. Read something about microsoft had implanted new technology to an existing OS. Also read something about SP1 made things worse.

Knight Wm
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by CLundkvist.7814)

Game crashes

CLundkvist.7814

please help.

Knight Wm
Far Shiverpeaks

Game crashes

Posted by: Ashtor Grey.5043

Ashtor Grey.5043

I unloaded the realtek onboard sound driver and everything and have had no crashes but you have to turn auto instal off or it will show back up

Game crashes

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

random crashes here, too; happens once or twice a day; sometimes more. i’ve had it happen in a number of situations, but it’s mostly randomly while in a dungeon

Attachments:

Game crashes

Posted by: Hatemachine.4801

Hatemachine.4801

I have this issue as well, but never had it during the BWE’s. I have the current Nvidia 306.97 drivers on a fresh install. It doesn’t seem to matter what version of the Nvidia drivers I use since the crashing occurs on 301.42, 306.02, 306.23, and 306.97 all with fresh installs. The really odd thing about how this game crashes is that I can sometimes play 6 hours straight without crashing, but on another day I can crash quite frequently, like 5 times in an hour.

I’ve attached my ArenaNet.log file from my latest crash to this post.

P.S. The game also crashed tonight just as Teqatl died and I hurried to log back in but it was no use, the chest did not spawn for me. :-/

Attachments:

(edited by Hatemachine.4801)