Game freezes after opening trading post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Deer.1504

Deer.1504

Hi!

By any chance is there a fix for the below issue? I’m using 10.7.5 on a Macbook Pro from 2012.

Every time I open up the trading post/currency exchange/gem store window, it times out and I can’t access any of them. Then the screen goes darker after 30 seconds of trying to load one of those three tabs. If I click out of this trading post window, it freezes the game and I have to force quit the application.

I’ve tried deleting the cache and it hasn’t helped. I also tried repairing the game via Mac utility and it hasn’t done anything.

Is this a known issue? Would love to fix this somehow.

Thanks so much!

Posted by: Valyrian Steel.8975

Valyrian Steel.8975

I’m curious about this as well.

For me, when the trading post freezes my game, and I’m forced to force close the game, about 10 seconds after reopen it, it freezes again. I’ve tried to restart my computer and open it again about 15 times now to no avail. Everything else on my computer works fine except the game client. Kind of kittenes me off, as I was in the process of finishing up making Bolt when this happened.

Valyrian Steel.8975

Lol I love how it corrected me to “kittens”..

(edited by Valyrian Steel.8975)

Deer.1504

I’m sorry that you’re going through this too..it’s really frustrating. Still no fix either.

Tried on another (older) Macbook Pro as well with the same Internet connection etc and the trading post works for them, so I’m not sure what is going on with ours. I wish this would be fixed, or we could be given some directions on how to deal with this problem ourselves, or at least have the problem noticed and addressed by a dev.

Valyrian Steel.8975

Yeah I definitely feel your pain. Matter of fact I tried erasing and restoring my Mac back to factory settings (been needing to clean it up like that for a while anyway) and reinstalled the client overnight, and it’s STILL doing that. What really hacks me off is that the mac version has been in beta for like 2 years now. You would think that ANET would care more about their Mac client users than this. It’s obviously not our computers, it’s probably that they have neglected to update the compatibility of the game with new versions of the Mac OS, since they don’t seem to have Mac users on their list of priorities at all. I’ve been playing this for like 14 months now and I’ve always had issues with the trading post, but never this bad until like a few weeks ago. It’s like whenever It freezes it won’t even let me reopen the client for hours…. So irritating. I’m glad I found your post though cause hopefully more people will comment on this saying that this is happening to them too and maybe it will get noticed.

Posted by: Kalu.4967

Kalu.4967

The old BLTC worked better on Mac. What sometimes(!) works for me with the new BLTC is to visit a merchant – it doesn’t always crash there…
But I’m really hoping for a fix for this soon.

Valyrian Steel.8975

Here, at least they are telling us they are aware of it and working on it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Still-having-issues-since-Oct-patch

Deer.1504

Thanks! It’s really too bad that it has been giving people issues for such a long time.

The ONLY way I can successfully access the trading post is by resetting PRAM and then talking to a trading post NPC to load the trading post, then I can get to the gem store/exchange/etc from that window.

Once I log out though, I always need to restart my computer and reset PRAM to use the trading post again without freezing..it’s slightly annoying to say the least.

Posted by: Dashwood.3215

Dashwood.3215

I"m having the same issue since I “upgraded” to Yosemite.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

I’ve been the most vocal user on this issue, prior to finding out myself how to nearly eradicate this issue at least for me I was crashing well over 9/10 times since the new tp came in september, after I saw the tp and game itself runs far better without any browsers on I would get a tp crash less than 5% of the time, a nice change from the 100(!) I had in two days!

Anyway they decided to ‘fix’ the issue for mac users according to october’s patch and actually they’ve worsened it, I can’t last more than 2 days without one tp crash, welldone!!!

Easily the worst trading post I’ve seen in any game, old tp with all its faults never crashed my game once. The fault lies with the new processes needed for the tp, as the tps are the work of 3rd parties Anet know no more than we do seemingly.

My advice is do not try any radical fixes such as redownloading the whole game, there’s a fair chance the tp problem will persist anyway. If I can roll back to the old tp I would in less than a micro second!

(Yes I am here as I’ve just had a tp crash, am fed up of these 7weeks should have been ample time to eradicate this issue I should think!)

I fear any future feature packs.

Posted by: Starwood.5846

Starwood.5846

I have a Mac Book pro, mid 2010;
Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

I’m having the exact same issues. My friend is selling my stuff for me but it’s a hassle and I want to go to the Gem shop and see whats new. I am not a happy camper.

ANET PLZ Fix this for us mac users. I absolutely love this game and so this is really frustrating.

Thanks for listening.

Posted by: izzuedotcom.2498

izzuedotcom.2498

Does anyone know if this has been fixed? For me this problem persists every day..