Game is unplayable

Game is unplayable

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Joker.6803

Joker.6803

Q:

I only just started the game today, and every 30-60 seconds I get disconnected from the servers, my internet is stable and at least at 6mb/s download and 1mb/s upload. and every other game i play is fine online. Im really annoyed with this as i paid £25 for an unplayable game after downloading for over 8 hours. please help.

Game is unplayable

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

You are probably not the only one having problems today (or correct: tonight). My connection went down (sometimes I have to restart my router, so that was not out of the ordinary), but then suddenly the game crashed again and this time I had still connection to Internet, so something is going on with their servers tonight. I did also make a restart only to make sure that Windows Firewall would released ports and still the same problem with crash.

FYI I have been playing all day without any issues until midnight when this begun to happen.

Game is unplayable

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you live near St. Louis or otherwise use Charter, you might want to see the following:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/33w33i/gw2_down/

https://downdetector.com/status/charter-communications All OVER the St. Louis area.

Recent reports mainly originated from: St. Louis, City of Saint Peters, Ballwin, Belleville, Chicago, St. Charles, Cape Girardeau, Florissant, Collinsville, and Edwardsville.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Game is unplayable

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

He stated his purchase price in pounds, so I doubt the OP lives near Missouri…..

OP – run TraceRT on the server IP you are getting disconnected from (type /ip in the in-game chat to get the IP #). I’m guessing you are going to find you IP is either throttling your game connection or you will find a bad route that is dropping packets. If I’m not mistaken, there have been numerous reports from Europe about local IP routing issues to the GW2 servers. You will have to contact your internet provider about those issues (but if the TraceRT shows the Anet server having issues, you need to open a ticket with Anet and provide the TraceRT results to them so they can investigate).

Hope this helps and I know it’s hard, but don’t get discouraged.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances