Game no longer playable (Lags)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Hey, I’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 for more than 2 years now
I’m from Israel, though I never had any latency issues.

During the last week I haven’t been able to play at all.
On uncrowded times I seem to have a really high ping (Latency of 4~5 seconds), and on crowded times I just can’t even login. The game is trying to load for like 40~60 seconds, and then says that the client crashed .

I haven’t had any issues with my internet connection anywhere else, so I honestly have no idea what causing all this :\

I’d appreciate your help,
Thanks .

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

When you are having the lag issues use /ip in the chat window to get the current IP of the map you are in. Download and run ping plotter (it’s free). Use the map IP as the target in ping plotter and it will show you all the nodes your connection takes to get to the game server. Any lines in orange,yellow or red is bad and indicates where the problem is. It may not be your ISP or Anet, but one of the points along the way. You can give the ping plotter results to your ISP and ask them to assist you in contacting the provider where the problem is indicated.

SrebX.6498

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

The ping plotter graph is, well horrible. Nodes 3,8 & 9 have 100% packet loss which is very bad and you have some packet loss and latency issues at node 5. There is no response from nodes 3, 8 and 9 so its hard to determine where they are located. It looks like there may be some service outages or issues. Since you said this only started within the week I would try another run at ping plotter if you are still having the issue. If it produces the same results I would contact your ISP and ask for their help, its not their issue but they have the knowledge and ability to help. You could submit a support ticket to Anet but I don’t think there is much they will be able to do on this.

SrebX.6498

The ping plotter graph is, well horrible. Nodes 3,8 & 9 have 100% packet loss which is very bad and you have some packet loss and latency issues at node 5. There is no response from nodes 3, 8 and 9 so its hard to determine where they are located. It looks like there may be some service outages or issues. Since you said this only started within the week I would try another run at ping plotter if you are still having the issue. If it produces the same results I would contact your ISP and ask for their help, its not their issue but they have the knowledge and ability to help. You could submit a support ticket to Anet but I don’t think there is much they will be able to do on this.

It did produce the same results.
It’ll try contacting my ISP , though I kinda don’t know what to tell them, I mean, it only happens in-game. My connection is just fine elsewhere :\

Thanks for the help mate

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’ll try contacting my ISP , though I kinda don’t know what to tell them, I mean, it only happens in-game. My connection is just fine elsewhere :\

Thanks for the help mate

Your connection to any servers to Seattle is not fine. It’s not just the game. Your ISP probably won’t do anything about it unfortunately. They can tell the providers at the nodes to fix or upgrade them but that’s about it as far as I’m aware.

SrebX.6498

Thanks for the help mate

Your connection to any servers to Seattle is not fine. It’s not just the game. Your ISP probably won’t do anything about it unfortunately. They can tell the providers at the nodes to fix or upgrade them but that’s about it as far as I’m aware.

I know,
Only thing left is quitting the game as far as I can tell :\
It was a good run fellas

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Actually, 100% just means that node does not accept ping requests. Those 3 nodes are not an issue.

The 23% packet loss node is the issue, and it will ripple though. So yes, the OP is still having a problem outside of Anet’s control.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

SrebX.6498

I tried contacting Anet and they told me to use Game Advisor,
the Test results are attached here, I’m leaving it here in hopes that someone might be able to help,
so here the file: http://www.megafileupload.com/6hvc/Guild_Wars_2_Test.zip

Thanks in advance

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Did you send the completed file back in the reply to the support agent you were speaking to? I’m not downloading some random zip file from a stranger sorry.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.