Game punishing players for events

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

It’s been months now. I get disconnected while doing/near finishing Vinewrath at least 2-3 times a day every now and then. I get disconnected in the middle of doing Jormag and other world bosses and almost only then. My friends seem to be getting disconnected a lot too. I don’t understand why are GW2 servers so bad that they kick out the players so often. I’m kind of frustrated at this point and I feel discouraged from doing any events at all. I disconnect less for going AFK or just running around in circles. Please fix it SOMEHOW, because I can’t stand it.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

I know some people have issues with disconnects but I don’t believe it is a problem with Anet servers. I run all the boss trians and meta events and have never DCed or crashed.

I would suggest monitoring your network traffic while playing and see if you are loosing packets somewhere along the way. Also run a memory test and a stress test of your system.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Have you tried running the bosses with Character Model Limit set to lowest?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Yoroiookami.3485

It’s not an fps issue and my character model limit is set to low. I just suddenly get kicked out and it occurs very often in Silverwastes. I always look at the used memory and CPU usage to make sure nothing bad will happen, yet I get kicked out anyway. The problem has been reoccuring for a few months now, but it was fine before, so I think IT IS a problem with anet servers. Unless it’s some kind of HUGE coincidence that I usually get kicked when boss appears or dies.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

It’s not an fps issue and my character model limit is set to low. I just suddenly get kicked out and it occurs very often in Silverwastes. I always look at the used memory and CPU usage to make sure nothing bad will happen, yet I get kicked out anyway. The problem has been reoccuring for a few months now, but it was fine before, so I think IT IS a problem with anet servers. Unless it’s some kind of HUGE coincidence that I usually get kicked when boss appears or dies.

Without posting any crash or disconnection details there is nothing anyone can do to help you. You can think the issues are with the Anet servers and refuse to look any further but it’s not. If it was a server issue everyone would be disconnected or crash, not just some. There is a drastic increase in system resources needed at meta events and world bosses due the the very large number of people that are there. This puts a huge strain on your PC that you don’t see at other times. Are you running the 32-bit client or the 64-bit client? If you are running a 64-bit OS then use the 64-bit client.

Yoroiookami.3485

Without posting any crash or disconnection details there is nothing anyone can do to help you. You can think the issues are with the Anet servers and refuse to look any further but it’s not. If it was a server issue everyone would be disconnected or crash, not just some. There is a drastic increase in system resources needed at meta events and world bosses due the the very large number of people that are there. This puts a huge strain on your PC that you don’t see at other times. Are you running the 32-bit client or the 64-bit client? If you are running a 64-bit OS then use the 64-bit client.

Anet can help me by getting better servers. And just because it works like that for some, doesn’t mean the problem isn’t on their end. Just the way some people seem to lag on some days and usually in large groups.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Anet can help me by getting better servers. And just because it works like that for some, doesn’t mean the problem isn’t on their end. Just the way some people seem to lag on some days and usually in large groups.

Get better servers won’t fix issues that are on your end. That’s not how servers work. If your network port is hitting bandwidth limits during meta events, you’ll get kicked. If you’re running the 32 bit client, you’ll hit memory caps and have an error. If your internet connection isn’t 100% stable, and during higher usage it shows it’s strain, you’ll get kicked.

I can go on and on and on about different issues that will cause you to get kicked. The only thing a new server would fix, would be if everyone is getting kicked from the events. Since that isn’t happening, something else is the cause. And if you don’t want to help or give more information so we can help you fix the issue, then you’ll still have the problem, and nothing Anet does will fix it.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Think of the route the data takes too and from your computer and ANet’s servers like the route you would take to work or school.

You own your computer, the router, and the cabling that goes into your wireless set up (or wired).

ANet owns their servers, their routers, and their cabling.

Other people own the parts in between.

You own your driveway. Work/school owns it’s parking lot. Other people own the roads in between.

You’re dropping off somewhere between your computer and ANet’s server.

The school parking lot could have one lot out of commission due to vandalism. Or someone caused a huge wreck on the highway owned by the state.

Same when you get disconnected. It could be on property you own. Could be on property ANet owns. But there’s a LOT more property that other people own. Until you give details on exactly how close to ANet’s server your signal goes before being dropped, there’s no way to prove that it’s ANet’s server that’s causing your disconnects.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

It has now been explained 3 different ways to you. You can either post the crash details or not. There is nothing else that can be done to help you. Good luck.