Game purchased, but still no upgrade

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: 499A4413-0819-4480-8D42-6D622AA6B6B9

499A4413-0819-4480-8D42-6D622AA6B6B9

Q:

Greets,

I have been playing the free version of the game for a couple of weeks now, and this morning just bought in and got my activation code in email.

Problem is, that after applying the code to my account, I still have no upgrade over 6 hours later.

Is this common or do I need to create a ticket?

Cheers

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I upgraded my account, but the game is still acting as though I’m on a free account!
After you upgrade a free account, you’ll need to exit the game and log back in to see your permissions change. There’s also a longer delay (up to five days) before mail attachments, the Black Lion Trading Company, and guild banks are unlocked. You should see a message in-game displaying the time remaining before you have full access to these features.

If it’s not one of the above features you are missing, go check on the website that the code was added to the account. And then if it was, and you relogged the game, create a ticket.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157?_ga=1.117487434.2119324020.1429207901

Account types. It says at the very bottom:

I upgraded my account, but the game is still acting as though I’m on a free account!

After you upgrade a free account, you’ll need to exit the game and log back in to see your permissions change. There’s also a longer delay (up to five days) before mail attachments, the Black Lion Trading Company, and guild banks are unlocked. You should see a message in-game displaying the time remaining before you have full access to these features.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

You also can contact support to get your display name changed. The serial code looking name is a forum glitch that sometimes occurs and ANet is willing to do display name changes for accounts with that glitch.