Game suddenly crashing when dying armor.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zeffy.3984

Zeffy.3984

I apologize if someone has posted about this issue already, but I skimmed this subforum and didn’t see anything. Basically, my game has suddenly decided to crash when I’m dying my armor. I was on my Warrior, and after transmuting some gear, I wanted to dye it. I used the dye remover so I could start fresh, and closed my character screen. As soon as I hit H to close it, my game crashed. I tried again two more times and the same exact thing happened.

When I log back in, the dyes on my armor are the same ones I had before erasing them, so nothing is getting saved.

My game has never even crashed before, and aside for some FPS problems due to the game not being 100% optimized yet, I don’t have any problems running the game. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution? I would really like to be able to dye my gear. :[

Edit: Computer specs, in case they’re relevant:
CPU: Intel i7-980 @ 3.33GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (using 306.02 beta driver)
RAM: 24GB

Update: I’m able to dye my gear without the game crashing. After testing it a bit, it appears that my game only crashes when I use the dye remover. Anyone else have this problem? O.o

Zeffy | Asuran Guardian~

(edited by Zeffy.3984)

Zeffy.3984

Bumping this because I’d like to know if anyone else is having problems with the dye remover.

Zeffy | Asuran Guardian~

Posted by: Legend.9421

Legend.9421

Hi did you tried the new nvidia driver 306.23 WHQL
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Zeffy.3984

Hi did you tried the new nvidia driver 306.23 WHQL
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I haven’t. I read something about Ambient Occlusion causing problems for GW2 in the latest driver, so I was hesitant to try it. I could always download it and see for myself though. :3

Zeffy | Asuran Guardian~

(edited by Zeffy.3984)

Posted by: Aaabii.5738

Aaabii.5738

I have the exact same problem and i am using the newest drivers from nvidia. I dont think its related.

Posted by: Dyadem.5139

Dyadem.5139

Im using amd drivers, and had not had this problem prior, but today it suddenly started up for me. Luckily I remembered this thread.. so its not isolated to just Nvidia it seems.

This spot intentionally left blank.

Posted by: Kiru.6830

Kiru.6830

Had this exact same problem, only when dying the “Noble” Medium Armor Set, but I found a workaround. Just toggle dye mode off instead of closing down the character screen, it won’t crash.

Posted by: funforums.4850

funforums.4850

Are you sure you don’t have a corrupted installation?
Maybe the problem is inside your downloaded GW2.dat that contains errors.

Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.5 GHz – 4GB RAM – GTX 470
Windows 8 Professional

Posted by: Kahless.8965

Kahless.8965

Same problem, its not a corrupted install. Have been fine till i updated to the new nvidia drivers, now random crashes and dye armor crashing.

EDIT – Yea, im still getting the issue every time i dye the armor, but if you get out of DYE MODE before you X out of the screen, it wont crash. It wont fix random crashes, obviously (im still getting some of those now) but the little work around thing, works.

(edited by Kahless.8965)

Posted by: Cpt Kamikaze.2506

Cpt Kamikaze.2506

I am also experiencing this issue, and can confirm exiting out of Dye Mode prior to closing the screen will not crash the game.

Posted by: Vernam.4253

Vernam.4253

I just duplicated this about 20 times. I crash every single time I remove the dye from my armor and close the window. I can dye it fine, but removing it will result in a crash 100% of the time after closing the hero screen. The only way to fix it is like other suggested, exiting out of Dye Mode prior to closing the Hero screen. I have the latest AMD drivers. This definately did not happen last week because I’ve never exited out of dye mode before closing the hero screen. This is a new bug.