Game won't load

Game won't load

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Is anyone else having this issue since the update? When I start my client I get this; http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/MudBone/GW2Login_zpse4e10d4e.jpg which looks like the old GW2 launcher and it won’t let me put my login info. I have even tried starting from the install folder without success.

EDIT: To add to the above, the only way I can exit the launcher is from the Task Manager.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Game won't load

Posted by: xXmadzillamonsterXx.7463

xXmadzillamonsterXx.7463

Mine won’t either – all it says is “initializing” – and then it disappears. Happened a bit after they logged us all out to do some work on the game. :/

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

Mine won’t either – all it says is “initializing” – and then it disappears. Happened a bit after they logged us all out to do some work on the game. :/

Mine does that if I try using the GW2 repair command-line switch and completly closes i.e. leaves the Task Manager.

Game won't load

Posted by: degoat.6054

degoat.6054

i have the same problem i wanted to get on and it just did this :S maybe it will be better in a few minutes

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

Still no go here so I just submitted a ticket. Hope I can get back in before reset.

Game won't load

Posted by: Amria.2461

Amria.2461

Same thing is happening to me.

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

I hope they are looking into this since others besides myself is confirming this. Please submit a support ticket on this you guys above me.

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

Well I was replied to and given a link to download GameAdviser.exe about an hour ago, an NCsoft app to see if my PC is running correctly(which I know is just fine), which I ran and sent the results back to “them”, it’s still early yet(or to late to do anything, depending on how you look at it) and still can’t get in-game.

Game won't load

Posted by: Ottilia.4615

Ottilia.4615

My system tried to load and then said, "Windows Cannot find ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\GuildWars2\GW2.exe’ ".

Sigh. It won’t load at all.

Please help.

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

Well I don’t know what you guys did to GW2, but, after waiting 8+ hours and my issue hasn’t been attended to I uninstalled the game, cleaned the registry, downloaded fresh copy of the client and proceeded to try re-installing it with the same disappointment launcher pops up like it wants to do something then just closes to the task bar not letting me bring it to the desktop, I’m now thinking of doing what many others are talking about doing or have already done and leave it uninstalled. Very disappointing and frustrating. Waiting on email reply on my ticket about all this.

Game won't load

Posted by: Black Tiger.1082

Black Tiger.1082

I have the same problem, I would just wait untill 12 o’clock with sending a mail to Anet. I hope they will fix it as soon as possible. I also tried to repair my gw2 client, but after the first time it still don’t work. So I try to repair it a second time but then the program says ‘not responding’ hhmm maybe you can only repair it 1 time idk. But repairing didn’t work, the settings in LAN connection were already established well so idk what else I could try… I think it’s up to Anet to help us out.

Game won't load

Posted by: HungInc.1864

HungInc.1864

I have the same problem as you as well. Just sent in a ticket and hope this gets fixed asap

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

Well I see nothing has been done yet with ZERO communication(not even a confirmation that they received my reply) since the one wanting me to download, run and send back the results of if MY SYSTEM is working right, I feel so insulted that “they” think it’s a problem on my end when, they know it’s an issue caused by “them”. I hope they fix me up with my dailies and my TIME GATED crafting crap I am now missing that I NEVER MISS because of “THEIR” PROBLEM. I am so disgruntled.

Game won't load

Posted by: Huy Holyfire.7093

Huy Holyfire.7093

I got same problem like you… After “initializing” and the menu banner disappears and NOTHING Happen but it’s still drain CPU and making my pc slow.

It’s happen after the september feature pack… Arena Net please fix it so we can play again. :/

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

I got same problem like you… After “initializing” and the menu banner disappears and NOTHING Happen but it’s still drain CPU and making my pc slow.

It’s happen after the september feature pack… Arena Net please fix it so we can play again. :/

Good luck getting it back up, I uninstalled, tried re-installing and still no go(it won’t even INSTALL since this patch), soooo, it may just STAY UNINSTALLED now. Thanks guys for ruining the game for many.

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

Well 2 days now and have HEARD NOTHING back from “them” in 24 of those 48 hours I have now waited to get back in game. I even took it upon myself to try re installing GW2 from “Safe Mode with Networking” and it still will not start the installation process it asks for the installation location but does nothing but sit there doing nothing.

Game won't load

HungInc.1864

Good luck getting it back up, I uninstalled, tried re-installing and still no go(it won’t even INSTALL since this patch), soooo, it may just STAY UNINSTALLED now. Thanks guys for ruining the game for many.

(edited by HungInc.1864)

Game won't load

HungInc.1864

Same problem as you. I tried to re-install but it wont let me =[

Game won't load

Posted by: Duke Hyperion.7063

Duke Hyperion.7063

They say misery loves company …All this time I thought I was the only one having this trouble. I tried firing off a note to the techies but they say my name is invalid, now isn’t that the ultimate put down. I have now become a totally invalid persona to Ubisoft and Guild Wars 2… Duke Hyperion

Game won't load

Posted by: Duke Hyperion.7063

Duke Hyperion.7063

I am out to make some Coffee…Dukey

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

Update, I finally got another response on my filed support ticket wanting me to do an MSCONFIG settings change yielding the same results I have been getting since the glorious Sept. 9th patch THAT CAUSED my and you guys problems, will advise on other hoops they have me jump through before they finally realize the problem is on their end and NOT OURS.

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

Just got another reply, but, out of respect I won’t post what was asked or my reply and just say STILL NO GO.

Game won't load

Posted by: saltywaffuls.1324

saltywaffuls.1324

im having the same problem

Game won't load

Posted by: starcastic.1780

starcastic.1780

Are you by any chance using Hola? I was having the same problem and went to uncheck the “automatically detect settings” in my Internet Options -> Connections and it would always re-check itself. Turns out Hola was messing with the settings.

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

Are you by any chance using Hola? I was having the same problem and went to uncheck the “automatically detect settings” in my Internet Options -> Connections and it would always re-check itself. Turns out Hola was messing with the settings.

Having to ask you WTF Hola is will say, nope not using Hola whatever that is. Google here I come. -LOL

EDIT: I use the Slimjet browser, so, it’s not that.

Game won't load

Posted by: Huy Holyfire.7093

Huy Holyfire.7093

Your guys should try this, I did it and it’s worked… After 2 days stucks lol … Cya guys in game.

2. The launcher appears after opening then is invisible
After opening the launcher, it will say initializing then dissapear but remain in the task bar. Trying to minimize/restore the window will have a flashing effect and/or do nothing.
Solution
Your monitor’s color settings are too low.
Right click your desktop and select Screen resolution. For each monitor, right click the monitor and select properties. Under the monitor tab, adjust the Color setting near the bottom to True Color (32 bit) or the highest you have available.
If your highest available is only 16 bit, you will first need to ensure you have the latest graphics and monitor drivers. If it hasn’t changed, you will need to use the command line workaround or invest in new hardware.

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

That is what mine is and was set at Huy , but, my problem is solved and now working fine, just waiting on a reply from them to see if it is ok to share the steps they had me take is ok since it involves downloading a “zip” file containing an updated Gw2.exe and some updated files for Guild Wars 2’s new “Black Lion Trading Company.”

Game won't load

Im Mudbone.1437

OK, I just got the go ahead to post this as a temporary fix.

Please download that file from this link and save it to your PC: https://s3.amazonaws.com/gw2cdn/client/repro/Gw2_38697_proxy-test.zip

Once downloaded, please extract the contents into your Guild Wars 2 folder. This should ask you to overwrite the file “Gw2.exe” and a folder named “bin.” When asked, make sure you agree to overwrite these files.

Once done, please “Right-click” on ’Gw2.exe" and select “Run as Administrator.”

If you have already uninstalled Guild Wars 2, try the following:

Create a new folder on your hard drive, something like C:\Games\Guild Wars 2.

Navigate to this location and extract the zip file we sent you previously into this folder.

Once done, you should see a file “gw2.exe” and a folder “Bin.”

Right-click on “Gw2.exe” selecting “Run as Administrator” and it should start the installation process, using the new, updated launcher.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns.

Regards,

Brian S.
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

Game won't load

Posted by: Synacious.9156

Synacious.9156

Has anyone had this problem fixed?
Did anyone try Mudbone’s suggestion?

Game won't load

Posted by: Norm.7523

Norm.7523

I’m trying it now its a rather large download so will find out later if it worked, at least I’m seeing the game client doing something!

Game won't load

Posted by: Ghost.7245

Ghost.7245

I’m having the issue of getting an error saying “Download Failed! Please check your internet connection and try again. (2)” I’ve submitted a support ticket as well, but wanted to tag this post so I can check on the resolution progress since it seems the community will reach a solution before the developers do. I haven’t played GW2 since the end of last year or around the beginning of this year so I didn’t know if that had anything to do with it.

Game won't load

Posted by: Moodz.3456

Moodz.3456

Just tried what Mudbone posted, didn’t work. It went through the initial download (like when there is an update), then after that the install/login screen disappears. You can maximize and minimize the screen on your task bar, but when you maximize it, it doesn’t show anything. It uses memory but nothing is going on. Was going to come back to play this game, but I guess I’m not going to since I’ve heard people saying that they are getting absolutely no help from customer service in trying to resolve this very bad issue in a timely fashion.