Gamma slider doesn't work

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TenClub.7659

TenClub.7659

Q:

Hey guys,

quick question. I am having issues with the gamma slider. It used to work fine but now it doesn’t do anything. I’ve deleted the My Documents folder to let the game re-create it but it didn’t work.

I even re-downloaded the entire game but no go. Anyone know what went wrong?
Thank you

Posted by: The Warder.6352

The Warder.6352

Hi TenClub! Is your Graphics Options Display Resolution set to Window or Windowed Fullscreeen by chance? Would you please check and see if it is and change it to Fullscreen (w) x (h) to adjust gamma? Cheers!

TenClub.7659

Hi thanks for the response.

Yes it’s set to fullscreen.

While I can move the gamma slider it doesn’t do anything.

So for example 0.50 has no difference compared to 1.00. 1.00 has no difference compared to 2.00.

The setting doesn’t change.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Set it to windowed Fullscreen Tenclub,so the gamma/contrast/brightness will be used from your desktop settings instead.So after switching to windowed fullscreen you might want to re-adjust your desktop gamma aswell,from within Nvcpl or Windows calibration tool.

TenClub.7659

My desktop gamma is not suited for GW2. I manually adjust the gamma in some games because it’s too dark. However, I like the way the desktop is and the colors are fantastic so for some games I just make it brighter in game.

I would just like to find out why my gamma slider is now broken when it was working fine before.

Thank you for the input though.