Gem Store purchase error thread [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Abadon.1763

Abadon.1763

Q:

Hi,

as of last night I started to receive the in annex photo error message.

This appears after the following steps:

: Open Trading Pane
: Click Gem Store
: Click Buy Gems

At this point the normal options window for quantity and payment method appears for about 1 sec and then I receive the above error message.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

A:

HI everyone,

Currently, the gemstore is experiencing some problems with Europe. The problem is being looked into. As soon as there are news, we will inform you.

Thanks for your understanding

Posted by: rivurivurivurivu.3041

rivurivurivurivu.3041

Im trying to buy some gems but after selecting my country i cant click “Next”, then i cant close the “Select your countre” window or click on “Cancel”, im forced to change tab in the tp to close it.
please help

Posted by: Lightning.9165

Lightning.9165

I’m experiencing this problem too – enter country, Next button remains greyed out.

Posted by: Calico.7920

Calico.7920

I have the same problem.
And just like you i just found it out last night.
I opend it after the game restart (new build) and then i got the same error screen.
I dont know if that is the origin of the error, because i havent opend that window for some time.

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

I’ve got the same message, at first I had to enter my country but the next button stayed grey. After refreshing he did accept my country and I get redirected to the error screen shown on your screenshot.

Now the error seems to be in java-code so I think there is something wrong in their java-written code for the buy-system. Arenanet will have to look into this and soon because it is most likely that allot of users will receive the same error.

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

Posted by: Vairo.5892

Vairo.5892

Same here, i’m guessing that the billing maintenance from yesterday is still going

Co-Leader(FURY) on Piken Square
Platinum Jack – Asuran Ele
www.furious-cookies.enjin.com

Draconius.9076

no that ended, they gave an end date for the maintenance saying it would only last 3 hours downtime. So their update probably resulted into a bug of some sort hopefully they’ll be able to adress it soon.

Posted by: Vairo.5892

Vairo.5892

thanks for the update

Co-Leader(FURY) on Piken Square
Platinum Jack – Asuran Ele
www.furious-cookies.enjin.com

Draconius.9076

yes thanks I’ll be scanning the forums for updates in the next hours LOL

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Huh. I was thinking about buying Gems for some Lost Shore minis, but between NCSoft’s inability to process credit cards correctly and this I think I’ll skip that until we know the problem’s solved.

Posted by: Tjillin.3064

Tjillin.3064

For the first time I wanted to check what the exchange rate would be if I wanted to buy gems, and there… it’s not working.

Can’t help thinking I jinxed it ><. I do hope you can fix it. I find this game very enjoyable and some ‘long term investments’ (bank space and such) are really worth it. That and the fact that we don’t even pay monthly for your updates and fixes makes me want to support you in another way.

Posted by: KineticFlow.2513

KineticFlow.2513

Confirmed not working.

The first time I tried it asked me my country, and after choosing from the drop list (which only appeared after typing the first letters) the next button remained greyed out.

Subsequently, when clicking to buy gems, the appropriate window opens, but is quickly over-written by the error message which cannot be moved aside, only closed.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Draconius.9076

Well the error really tells us what’s going on actually you don’t have to be a Java expert.
There is an error redirecting the input choice towards the payment model listing.
The question Arenanet will have to solve is: “Is the error in the coding itself or in the input used by the coding?”

Posted by: KineticFlow.2513

KineticFlow.2513

Hmm..

So I noticed it was proceeding to the next screen now, maybe something got changed.

Credit card method: can only proceed by ticking/unticking the ‘remember card detail’ box (else button is greyed). It always fails and tells me to check my details (2 different cards tried). It never remembers the details I typed after failing so I have to do the whole thing again instead of reviewing existing data.

Paypal method: Can only proceed to paypal by hitting back then forward again (else button is greyed). Log into Paypal & continue through. Hit confirm, and I’m taken to a Guildwars webpage which tells me the transaction failed. I used exactly same Paypal settings to buy something else from someone else minutes after.

(edited by KineticFlow.2513)

Draconius.9076

ok so the patch they just did has done nothing for me to get rid of the errors. I still cannot buy any gems. Although I no longer get the java-error using paypal the proceed to paypal button remains grey and only turns clickable when quickly clicking previous en next again. Once I reach the payment window it gives me error finalising your purchase so … still not solved I recon anyone else still experiencing issues?

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Don’t feel bad…I cannot even access the Trading Post now on any of my characters even after rebooting my system.

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

did a another test to see if i would get the same issue as we can get the past the country selection screen, and yeah both cards i tried was unsuccessful.

Posted by: Soulus.4308

Soulus.4308

I did a check like 10 minutes ago. We can get passed the previous error, but the transactions are not going through. I believe that it may be fixed when they set up the upcoming patch.

Posted by: Rob.1039

Rob.1039

Same here /UK/, I’m able to get through GW2 screens (quantity, payment method), but then transaction fails to complete on both PayPal and credit card.

Posted by: Kirston.5728

Kirston.5728

Having the same issues as above (Rob.1039)

Posted by: Awren.4967

Awren.4967

Having the same issue as many people here. I can not buy gems as it says card approval failed. My credit card is fine and I used it before for buying gems. Problem must be on your end.

Attachments:

Draconius.9076

Right now when I try to buy gems using paypal I keep getting the same error page when Guild wars redirects me to the paypal payment page.

Attachments:

Awren.4967

One more question, can my card be blocked now since i tried like 10 times to buy gems? I know some companies do this, block card for a day after more then 3 tries.

Draconius.9076

question to Arenanet: When will you people solve this? Because after more than 24 hours my patience is growing pretty thin I recon :S

Know you guys have allot more than just my problem but still some updates would be nice, a sollution would be even better.

Awren.4967

you would think they are going to help you spend your money in their game…

Draconius.9076

I really hope its included in the update to activate the event

Posted by: Myrdreth.6829

Myrdreth.6829

I can’t purchase gems anymore. The ‘Proceed to PayPal’ button stays grey and I can’t click it.

And it annoys me that I need to fill out my information every time I want to purchase gems. It’s bothersome.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Myrdreth, it might be bothersome, but I’ve been told by a manager at VISA’s risk department after their investigation with NCSoft’s fraud department: It’s never a good idea to save financial account information in an executable. My VISA’s information was breached after I used it in-client. I called VISA after a mysterious charge for the amount of 800 gems appeared on my statement. VISA immediately closed the card for me, and thankfully I got my money back a couple of weeks later.

Even though it’s Paypal, I suspect the risk is no less. I was told it could be as outlandish as an unrelated stowaway on my computer that tracked my keystrokes in the client, acquired by visiting a benign website which mentions GW2. The client you may consider “safe” but a whole computer is much less so – it is your weakest link.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Posted by: Myrdreth.6829

Myrdreth.6829

Oh, ok. Then I am sorry that I complained about it. I didn’t think about that. Thanks for explaining that to me, Zaith

Btw: the problem I had got solved. Thanks! So if others had the same problem you should try to purchase gems now.

Posted by: Kirston.5728

Kirston.5728

I thought this issue was resolved, as late last night I was able to purchase gems. Now, I am getting the same problem again where the card is refused or paypal transaction does not complete. Quite frustrating!

Posted by: Green Buff.2935

Green Buff.2935

I can’t purchase gems anymore. The ‘Proceed to PayPal’ button stays grey and I can’t click it.

And it annoys me that I need to fill out my information every time I want to purchase gems. It’s bothersome.

click step 1 image… worked for me

Posted by: Helicity.3416

Helicity.3416

click step 1 image… worked for me

that ungreys the button, but clicking it does nothing. This is pretty annoying, does Anet not want my money?

Nemain/Kali Darru [FUN]

Posted by: Lunasun.2491

Lunasun.2491

I get the feeling that Anet indeed does not want our money…. :$

I havent been able to buy gems for over 2 months now, got all kinds of replies on my tickets, varying from: “we have lifted the limitation on your account for 24 hours” (which did not solve the issue), to “its your browser/computer settings” to “your account is flagged”….

I have been able to buy 800 gems one time, with that same settings/browser/computer, so im sure the problem is not on my end!

Right now im so tired of this, even if it will work in the future, im not sure if i ever will spend more RL money……. after all this crap….. sorry for my french

Guild Leader of: We R In Style – Server: Underworld
http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/WeRInStyle

Posted by: Mdew.1670

Mdew.1670

for those people having the error problem, are you guys using mac? coz the mods told me that it is a mac problem so they suggested me to use window.

Attachments:

(edited by Mdew.1670)

Posted by: Bistouri.6038

Bistouri.6038

for those people having the error problem, are you guys using mac? coz the mods told me that it is a mac problem so they suggested me to use window.

That explains much but the solution is not the most practical one… ;-)

27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, OS 10.10.1

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

We may just be stuck waiting it out.

Posted by: Alarid.2704

Alarid.2704

I just tried buying two Instant repair canisters, and neither of them came in the mail. What the hell is going on? I’m four gold down because I wanted to continue the fractal. Is this a “wait it out” bug, or am I kitten out of luck?

Kyllaa.1385

Are you on Mac? Or you could try deleting some emails.

Posted by: greyblayde.5109

greyblayde.5109

It would behoove someone to figure it out as I’m trying to spend money and they don’t want to take it. I realize the Mac version is a beta but would be nice to get a timeline on a fix.

Kyllaa.1385

We’ve getting some updates on the Mac forum here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Error-confirming-purchase-of-gems/first#post2228804

Of course, there is nothing today regarding our issue… They did suggest if you need gems now, to use a windows client (either via pc or bootcamp). Not ideal, I know, but it’s all they’ve got. There was some mention of buying a gem card, but I haven’t tested that so I can’t confirm if that works.

I would love to see some progress too considering this has been in effect for over 4 days now (since extended billing maintenance on 6/12).