Gem purchases suddenly not working...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Stylii.2045

Stylii.2045

Hello,

All of a sudden I can’t seem to buy Gems, I have bought many thousands of Gems in the past, but during the last few days I get an error saying: “Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later.” I have tried a few times daily for five days now, and I can’t get it to work, even though it is the exact same payment method I’ve always used. I checked and everything is as it should be.

I contacted customer service and was just told to try again later or buy a Gem card, which I don’t plan on doing as I’d have to purchase multiple cards at a time, and it has worked up until this point.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The only ones that can help you are the CS Team. You can update your ticket.

Good luck.

Posted by: Nova.7438

Nova.7438

I am having the same issue. I was told to delete the game cache which didn’t fix the issue. I am awaiting response after I let them know.

Nova.7438

I was able to purchase gems. I was wanting to buy 8000 ($100 USD)gems but it kept giving me that same error. Unfortunately I had to buy 4000 gems twice which is still cheaper than buying those gem cards. Have you tried that?

Stylii.2045

The only ones that can help you are the CS Team. You can update your ticket.

Good luck.

The CS Team just told me to try again later, I updated my ticket and then they said try a different payment method, I don’t see why I have to use a different payment method when my original has been fine for weeks up until this point.

Stylii.2045

I was able to purchase gems. I was wanting to buy 8000 ($100 USD)gems but it kept giving me that same error. Unfortunately I had to buy 4000 gems twice which is still cheaper than buying those gem cards. Have you tried that?

I have tried all amounts of Gems that you can purchase and none of them worked, thanks for the suggestion though.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Try this

Open command prompt with administrator privileges. (Windows 10, right mouse click the start icon, and then from the pop-up menu)

From there, type the following:
netsh winsock reset

The command prompt window will instruct you to restart the computer.

I hope that this does fix the issue.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Stylii.2045

Try this

Open command prompt with administrator privileges. (Windows 10, right mouse click the start icon, and then from the pop-up menu)

From there, type the following:
netsh winsock reset

The command prompt window will instruct you to restart the computer.

I hope that this does fix the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn’t work.

Nova.7438

I had submitted a ticket and they told me to delete my cache which did not help me. I even tried a different client and three different credit cards (MasterCard and Visa) as well as paypal. I informed CS after they were unable to help me but I was able to make a purchase that others were having issues and linked them to this thread and another thread I found. I hope you figure it out soon

Nova.7438

Here are the instructions to clear the cache
The following steps have helped some other players resolve this issue. Can you please try the following and let us know if this fixes your issue also:
1.. Completely close the game
2.. Go to temp folder by going to start/run, type in temp and hit enter
3.. Browse to the folder gw2cache-(guid). Example: “gw2cache-(50641E0B-3AD4-1601-081E-6450D43A0116)”
4.. Delete the whole gw2cache folder

Restart the game and see if this resolved your issue making a purchase.

Sorry for the double replies… didn’t notice the edit button >.< I swear I looked before