Gem store issues [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MeetYourDestinY.5123

MeetYourDestinY.5123

It have been about 2-3 days iam tryin` to use my credit card to get gems but it keeps giving me errors

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

Dear ArenaNet,

after 5 great Months of playing Guild Wars 2 and enjoying every of the bigger Events of it, like the Halloween or Wintersday Event, I sadly have to make / write a complaint about an issue I’ve got with this game since the Halloween Event. First I didn’t want to write one and thought, oh well, lets just wait and see if they can fix this issue or add some sort of an enable or disable feature for it, but it just didn’t happen.

So, what my complaint is about, is the huge annoyance of buying Gems from your Gemshop / the Trading Post. I’ve never encountered this in any other Game before, I’m a grown man, got a good job and I think I can fairly say I know how much money I can spend on one thing or as many things I want in a Week, Month or even a Year.

So I’m really getting kind of p*** off when I have to write every week like 3 to 5 e-mails to the customer support that they should please increase the limit of my account (again!) so I can spend more money, money which is paying your salary and bills in the end, on gems! I just don’t get it, I wrote about a thousand times they can set my account to limitless, I give them my permission, anything they want to identify me and know that this is actually my account, but they just won’t.

Now I really hope you guys will do something about this issue, since I’m sure not the only one who is getting annoyed by this. So please add some sort of an authentication system to your gemshop or customer support, where people can write to and proof that they’re over 18, that it’s their account and credit card they’re using and that they’re giving you permission to remove the limit lock from their accounts.

Thank you very much for your time in reading this.

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I understand your comments, and I do see your point of view. I was rather surprised to learn we have “trottles” on purchases. The reasoning behind those controls could be related to many things, and I don’t want to misspeak in saying “They’re in place for ABC reason.” But I will share your thoughts and see what if there are changes planned, or individual flags possible, so you don’t run into this situation.

In the meantime, thanks for your support of the game and for your reasoned feedback.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I know that people acknowledge the issue of hackers using stored credit card information for making purchases on accounts, I think the reason it hasn’t made it to primetime news is because no one has lost more than X amount of dollars due to the spending threshold. While I think the system needs to be more comprehensive, I don’t think you should ever just say “oh well this guy said it’s okay to take the limit off, so let’s do it!” because as soon as you do, that person’s going to find a $5,000 NCSoft bill and be more angry and belligerent than the angry OP here.

What exactly is the spending limit though? I’ve not reached it personally (sorry!) but I’m curious.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Removing your stored credit card information and adding it is a temporary solution to get past this.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Removing your stored credit card information and adding it is a temporary solution to get past this.

That does work for some players. Thanks for sharing.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Just out of curiosity, how much money does one need to spend to trigger the limit? The seriousness of this issue really depends on that number. Also, I wonder if there is a limit to applying gem cards? If not, that might be the best way around it for the really big spenders.

blackysharky.7581

@Gaile Gray

Thank you very much for your response, I’m really glad you can understand my point of view and that you’re looking for an answer / solution to this problem.

@LoreChief.8391

I’m well aware of the risk of enabling such an option like “limitless purchases with a CC” for an Account, since as you said it could be hacked anytime and the hacker could use advantage of the saved CC informations if they’re saved. I personally don’t use my CC Ingame and I don’t store my CC Informations Ingame either, I use paypal and an different password for my paypal account than for my Ingame account.

But this would also fall into their policy of being in own charge in changing your password regularly and protecting your account as good as possible, that’s why for so long time players who got hacked didn’t got their items back until the roleback tool came out, since it’s their own fault in the first place that the account got hacked. So I think they sure would also add something about this in their policy and you would need to agree to this first before you’re able to enable such an option like “Limitless purchases with a CC”. And I personally have never been hacked, so I’m sure willing to take that risk and accept that policy change if there ever will be such an thing.

And if you ever feel you don’t need this anymore, I’m sure you can always mail customer support again to block transactions with your CC for that account or add the limitation back in.

If people can’t handle their money or CC payments and receive an 5’000$ bill at the end of the month from NCSoft of Gem purchases cause they can’t control themselves, there’s nothing more to say then, sh** happens, you knew what you were doing when buying those gems, how much they cost etc. and what is coming to you with that at the end of the month if you continue buying loads of them. If that person can’t handle money, he or she may better go back to Highschool or something like that and learn how to.

If the reason would be, that for any reason someone who is younger as 18 years old, has an account and is using / stealing their parents credit card to buy gems, I’m sure the parents can make and refund of that cash and that account will result in an permanent bann because of credit card fraud.

Maybe also add an option, like every 100, 200 or 300$ you’ve spend on the game you’ll receive an e-mail or ingame mail which is telling you that you’ve recently spend a lot of money in a short time ingame, maybe including an total amount of $ spend ingame of that month, so one can have an little overview over his payments.

I mean Arenanet sure isn’t stupid I’m sure they’d think of stuff like that before adding such an “huge” feature, providing best security and overviewability (Does that word even exist?).

@Vol.5241

As I said above, I don’t store my CC Informations Ingame, so this unfortunatly won’t help me, but thanks anyway!

@Fiontar.4695
In europe it’s 300 Euros per month. Don’t know how much it is in $ and no clue about gem cards as well. But the main problem with this isn’t the 300euros, it’s more than enough, the problem is, once this limit got triggered, it won’t go away, even if you wait until next month, you make 2 or 3 purchases and it’s right in your face again.

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

(edited by blackysharky.7581)

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

If people can’t handle their money or CC payments and receive an 5’000$ bill at the end of the month from NCSoft of Gem purchases cause they can’t control themselves, there’s nothing more to say then, sh** happens, you knew what you were doing when buying those gems, how much they cost etc. and what is coming to you with that at the end of the month if you continue buying loads of them. If that person can’t handle money, he or she may better go back to Highschool or something like that and learn how to.

Wow, what an egocentric unsocial perspective. I’m glad the limits are there to protect the majority of players, even if it hurts an absolute minority. So I’d rather say: sh** happens and bad luck for you.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

blackysharky.7581

Wow, what an egocentric unsocial perspective. I’m glad the limits are there to protect the majority of players, even if it hurts an absolute minority. So I’d rather say: sh** happens and bad luck for you.

Why is that egocentric and unsocial? It’s not my fault at all if some people can’t control themselves or for whatever reason haven’t learned how to handle money properly, and I can’t do anything to change that for those people. Also I never asked to remove the limits for all and every account, it sure isn’t bad that it is there, but it’s very annoying for some of us, even if we’re just the minority, and it would be very nice if there was an way to remove this limitation.

Also as I said, you first would need to accept the agreement / policy from Arenanet and fullfil what is required to enable this option for your account. So people who know they can’t handle their payments, they don’t even have to bother with this in the first place and just ignore this feature, so their limit will stay in place and they don’t even have to worry at all.

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

(edited by blackysharky.7581)

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

It would help if you also posted what the error(s) is/are.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

It would help if you also posted what the error(s) is/are.

Indeeed,

Please make a screenshot of the exact error.Then on this forum when replying you click more formatting options. Then at attachements you choose file. browse to the screenshots map and reply.

the reason we are insisting is that there various known issues. Some have to be solved by contacting support and some can not be resolved. How and what we can tell you when we see the screenshot of the errormessage or you give the exact message.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: MeetYourDestinY.5123

MeetYourDestinY.5123

this my first time transcation btw is there is steps to use visa or what?
the message says in error:
Please check your billing details and try again. if you continue to receive this message,please contact support.

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

If you are 100% sure your billing information is correct, you may need to contact support to see why your billing info is not being accepted. Please read this sticky to find out how to submit a ticket: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-Submit-a-Ticket-Account-Issues-2

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

That FAQ should give you a lot of helpful info, but if you need more personal assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to help you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

I’m getting the same problem to. I have used my card many times buying gems and never once had an error. It’s saying there is a problem with my billing address. and gives you a link to support that doesn’t have any answers there.

Posted by: romainette.2369

romainette.2369

i have the same problem, it did not recognize my registered card as well (no option to click on it), and it is not working with paypal as well !
i sent a request to the support, but no answer yet

Posted by: MrsKryten.5104

MrsKryten.5104

I have the same issue as romainette. My saved credit card is grayed out and cannot be selected as a payment option. Paypal doesn’t seem to work either. I really want to get that new axe, too. I also submitted a trouble ticket. Hope it gets resolved soon!

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

I have the same issue as romainette. My saved credit card is grayed out and cannot be selected as a payment option. Paypal doesn’t seem to work either. I really want to get that new axe, too. I also submitted a trouble ticket. Hope it gets resolved soon!

Have you tried deleting the saved card and re-entering it?

Posted by: Faye.6894

Faye.6894

I have played guid wars 2 since the beginning but this is the first time i try to buy gems ( I want that Axe sooo bad ). Surprisingly, none of my credit card or paypal seems to work. It always get approval failure (with cc) or an error when transfer back to guild wars 2 main page (paypal). I checked my cc but it is working fine. Im trying to fill a support ticket but for some reason, it does not let me create a support account ( stuck in the submitting like forever ). Im living in Vietnam, does it effect the purchase ?

Plz give me an answer, i will update my ticket asap (if i can create a support account). Thanks

Faye.6894

One more thing, i can’t create support account no matter how many times i try. It always get stuck in the submitting process until the form expires.

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

Thats about where my post comes in, you select the ammount of gems you wanted. i chose the 800 but couldn’t select my saved card to get to the next step. I eventually deleted the saved card and put in the information 5 or more times to still get the same error. It’s something on anets side, it’s just being ignored. we can’t fix it.

Posted by: MrsKryten.5104

MrsKryten.5104

I was having difficulty doing that, but it worked for me a few hours ago. Maybe the others can try deleting the card on the website again and see if it goes through this time.

Posted by: MalakiteGW.9651

MalakiteGW.9651

I am having this issue too. I never save my credit card information in the game. My information (Bank, Card, Address, ect) has not changed prior to this game coming out either. I was able to purchase gems prior to this, but cannot now.

Rajani Isa.6294

You can submit a request for help via support@arena.net, IIRC.

Rajani Isa.6294

Also, you don’t have to make a support account to submit a ticket via the form (if you submit that way, you merely have to reply/update by email)

Posted by: zahn.4915

zahn.4915

Same deal same message card works everywhere else and has worked before
130705-001511

tried both cards that have worked several time an receive approval failure.

(edited by zahn.4915)

Posted by: BlackRain.9537

BlackRain.9537

I won’t start a new topic but its the same issue, using paypal atm, it worked twice, and wanted to make a third purchase than gave me this An error occurred finalizing your purchase.. No number nothing else but to try again or contact support, and I have funds in my bank as well as no restrictions. how to fix this?

Brodd Junior

BlackRain.9537

I have bought gems one time purchase for 100 dollars the other was for 20 dollars, I wanted to buy more but then it gives me this error An error occurred finalizing your purchase.. No numbers nothing. This was with paypal, I tried with my credit card it didn’t work, bank has no restrictions on GW2 and I have funds, and was able to purchase with my paypal account in another game.

Please help, as I’d like to purchase gems for my second commander tag.

Brodd Junior

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

You can email support@guildwars2.com, if you need to do that. A ticket will be created and you then can continue the discussion via that ticket.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

BlackRain.9537

Anyone ? :/ still can’t get it to work.

Brodd Junior

Posted by: Matziek.5817

Matziek.5817

I just bought 10 Fine Transmutation Stones via Gem Store and they never got sent to my mail. I tried relogging AND deleting my mails, none of which worked. I really want my stones!

Posted by: Matziek.5817

Matziek.5817

I did it again and the same thing happened! What the heck??

Posted by: Moonshine Jack.9026

Moonshine Jack.9026

I thought I’d chime in and mention I’m having the same issue, and have been for several days now. For the sake of troubleshooting:

I have entered two different cards, each linked to two different banks. Both have ample funds available to use. The billing information entered is accurate.

I opened a ticket about it, and have yet to receive any kind of reply.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sometimes, it takes awhile for the backlogged mail to be delivered. If your purchase fails to be delivered after a reasonable time, you can contact Customer Support.

Posted by: cajungeek.2016

cajungeek.2016

I’m having the same issue with my account. I purchased a name change contract and have yet to receive it

Posted by: POISON ARROW.2948

POISON ARROW.2948

had the same problem. i just deleted all my mail from my in game message menu and received both of my transactions. happy days.

Posted by: POISON ARROW.2948

POISON ARROW.2948

had this problem with two transactions. i just deleted all my in game messages and received both my purchases. it seems even the in game mail box is effected by to much spam.

Posted by: Lurtz.5380

Lurtz.5380

Same here have not got my Chop-it-all logging axe, not sure what going on

Posted by: Lurtz.5380

Lurtz.5380

ow yeah full mail!!!

Rajani Isa.6294

had this problem with two transactions. i just deleted all my in game messages and received both my purchases. it seems even the in game mail box is effected by to much spam.

This folks – this is the number one solution to buying stuff from the gem store and not getting it.

From my observations, 99+% of “I didn’t get my gem store purchase” is solved by deleting old system and player emails (the counter doesn’t always reflect accurately the number of emails that count) – the emails are not lost, just queued up.

Faye.6894

Thanks for all the kind replies. I’m working on it. >"<

Faye.6894

Thanks to the kind support team. Now i have an support ticket about the two issues above and the recently issues which just happened recently about my certain character (I created another topic for it but they are all in the same ticket so i think i will just say it in here).

Incident: 130709-000438

Posted by: Lyer.1905

Lyer.1905

I just bought some transmutation stones and I did not receive them in game, however my gems have been deducted from my account.

Rajani Isa.6294

Try deleting some in-game mails. Usually this is a result of you being over the non-heart email limit (even if the counter doens’t show you as at it).

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I have written up a Knowledge Base article, so that players who have this issue will find it right away if they visit the support site. I agree — 99% of these cases involve an over-stuffed in-box.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Same deal same message card works everywhere else and has worked before
130705-001511

tried both cards that have worked several time an receive approval failure.

As explained in the ticket, your financial institution is rejecting the attempts. Please contact them and I’m sure they’ll work with you to get this figured out. Unfortunately, we can’t process until they clear the purchase(s). Thanks!

Anyone ? :/ still can’t get it to work.

As the agent explained a couple of days ago, PayPal is rejecting the purchase attempts. Please contact PayPal to get this cleared up, or you can update your ticket if you need more information.

I thought I’d chime in and mention I’m having the same issue, and have been for several days now. For the sake of troubleshooting:

I have entered two different cards, each linked to two different banks. Both have ample funds available to use. The billing information entered is accurate.

I opened a ticket about it, and have yet to receive any kind of reply.

I took a look in the system and cannot find any tickets with your associated email address. Can you please provide the 12-digit ticket number?

Thats about where my post comes in, you select the ammount of gems you wanted. i chose the 800 but couldn’t select my saved card to get to the next step. I eventually deleted the saved card and put in the information 5 or more times to still get the same error. It’s something on anets side, it’s just being ignored. we can’t fix it.

I do not see a ticket in the system for this. Could you please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page? They should be able to assist you.

had the same problem. i just deleted all my mail from my in game message menu and received both of my transactions. happy days.

Marvelous! I’m hoping we can make the “overfull mailbox” issues clearer to our Gem Store customers. It’s the cause of much confusion and we regret that.

I was having difficulty doing that, but it worked for me a few hours ago. Maybe the others can try deleting the card on the website again and see if it goes through this time.

Great advice, thank you. I don’t know why that works, but sometimes it does, and I recommend that players go ahead and try that as a “self-help” process. We’re ready to help if it does not enable the purchase.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

Getting the same problem. Tried a couple of time this evening. Checked with bank and balance is fine, no block on card. They did say there have been no attempts at authorisation from anet though. Looks like your billing system is messed up.

ticket #130709-002183

(edited by Booning.5476)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thanks to the kind support team. Now i have an support ticket about the two issues above and the recently issues which just happened recently about my certain character (I created another topic for it but they are all in the same ticket so i think i will just say it in here).

Incident: 130709-000438

The team has responded with some information for you. If you can go through the steps they have outlined, that would be great.

Getting the same problem. Tried a couple of time this evening. Checked with bank and balance is fine, no block on card. They did say there have been no attempts at authorisation from anet though. Looks like your billing system is messed up.

ticket #130709-002183

You seem to be good to go now.

I just bought some transmutation stones and I did not receive them in game, however my gems have been deducted from my account.

Sometimes it takes a few hours to arrive. Sometimes you need to remove a few mails from you in-box. If you can let us know via ticket if you don’t receive the item after 24 hours, the team can research the matter.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet