Gem store robbed me.

Gem store robbed me.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: beefjus.9347

beefjus.9347

I bought 1600 gems yesterday because I wanted to use 800 for ONE character expansion slot, and to save the remaining 800 for future use. I then went on to buying the slot, but I did not get the purchase confirmation after clicking on the “confirm” button, and my gem balance did not decrease from 1600, leading me to believe that the transaction did not go through. I then tried it for a second time, got the confirmation, and saw my balance decrease to 800. So I logged off, saw ONE new character expansion slot, and made a new character. I played for about 20-25 minutes on my new toon, when I decide to log on to a different character, but upon reaching the character select screen, I notice that I had ANOTHER character expansion slot and began to panic. I logged on one of my older characters to check my gem balance and saw that I had ZERO gems left.

I then emailed support to tell them of the problem, and to possibly get my 800 gems back. Sadly, they said that they could not do anything to reverse the process or give me recompense, and said that I should post my problem here. All I want is to get rid of the unwanted character slot and get my 800 gems back, is that so hard to do?

Current Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beefjus/saved/WBx323
Planning on upgrading to a GTX980ti by late 2016

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: Burno.8431

Burno.8431

“Gem store robbed me.”

No, you clicked and confirmed a purchase price. This is not a matter of robbing, nor a game bug, you just bought it twice.

80 Elementalist of “Quaggan Stole My [BIKE]” – Aurora Glade

Gem store robbed me.

beefjus.9347

here is a tl;dr version of my original post, because you didn’t grasp everything.

- initial purchase did not prompt a confirmation and did not charge me, leading me to think that it did not go through
- second try charged me 800 and gave me ONE slot.
-logged out, saw ONLY ONE slot, used it, played for about 20m.
-logged out, saw ANOTHER slot, no more gems.

If I had seen TWO slots when I first logged out, I would have not gotten angry, because I’d accept that I bought it. But seeing as it happened 20 minutes after I used the first slot, it’s only reasonable for me to think that something dubious happened.

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

The OP only “clicked and confirmed” 1 purchase. Considering how the purchase did not go through, it’s understandable that the customer would try again. Being charged twice is unacceptable. There is no reason why Anet should hold back on helping this customer, unless their plan is to pretty much destroy trust in their player base. Yes I understand that there is policy, but does policy also mean being heartless? What does Anet lose by returning 800 gems and removing a character slot?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

“But seeing as it happened 20 minutes after I used the first slot, it’s only reasonable for me to think that something dubious happened.” How do you know it happened 20 minutes after? That’s when you saw it, that does not mean that’s when it happened. It could have happened anytime from the time you logged on to ur toon to the time you saw it.

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

“But seeing as it happened 20 minutes after I used the first slot, it’s only reasonable for me to think that something dubious happened.” How do you know it happened 20 minutes after? That’s when you saw it, that does not mean that’s when it happened. It could have happened anytime from the time you logged on to ur toon to the time you saw it.

Yeah but it’s quite possible that the problem was server side and not a user base error. And for the sake of keeping customers happy, what really is the problem with reverting the purchase? Anet got it’s money, why not keep a happy customer as well?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Gem store robbed me.

beefjus.9347

You’re right, I’m only assuming that it happened 20 minutes after. But the fact that I only saw ONE slot before creating my new toon, then saw another one AFTER playing for roughly 20 minutes still stands. This means that something happened while I was playing my new toon. Also, as LoloRuri stated, Anet already has my money. Why not just reverse the process, since they’ve already profited and risk to lose nothing by doing so?

@Loli Ruri.8307- Thanks for the support, buddy!

(edited by beefjus.9347)

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

The team may be able to help. Please contact Support and the team will help you. You can read through the Knowledge Base on that link, and you can submit a ticket via the “Ask a Question” tab on that page.

For details on what information you should provide in your ticket, to expedite its response, please read The “How to Submit a Ticket” post.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Gem store robbed me.

beefjus.9347

I contacted them before coming here. In fact, they were the ones who told me to come here, since they couldn’t do anything…

“Hello,

If you feel there was a bug in game that caused you to purchase multiple items from the gem store, the best thing to do would be to submit a bug report in game. We will still be unable to refund you the gems spent on the extra character slot however this will send detailed information about your character and your position directly to our Quality Assurance team. To submit a bug report in the game, simply click on the “Game Menu” button in the upper left hand corner of the game interface, then choose the Support option on the Game Menu. The Support option will allow you to review known issues, report a bug, or contact Customer Support.

You’re also welcome to report a game issue in the Game Bugs sub-forum of the Guild Wars 2 Forums ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs ). You may include screenshots with your forum report, if you wish to do so. While we are unable to respond directly to each bug report, they are reviewed and escalated, when appropriate.

Regards,

Guild Wars Support Team"

It was sent by someone named “Steven”, which doesn’t really help, since I’m sure that he’s not the only one by that name that works for you guys.

(edited by beefjus.9347)

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: Qnopsik El Qox.1269

Qnopsik El Qox.1269

here is a tl;dr version of my original post, because you didn’t grasp everything.

Here is a tl;dr version of ANet response, because you didn’t grasp everything.:
" We are unable to refund the gems, post bug reports, so we will be able to analyze the bug and fix it if it’s not your fault."

Rozalinda El Qox 80lvl Elem
Tiny Siege Turtles member
Blacktide player

Gem store robbed me.

beefjus.9347

I posted it as a bug report, but a mod transfered my thread to this section. If you’re not going to help, you might as well move along, I don’t need your negativity.

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: Grimm Liberty.4206

Grimm Liberty.4206

meh, I am mad, mostly at myself, but partly at the Store…. but I chalk it up to a loss of $$/gems…

I have seven extra bank slots,
I saw in the Store that I could buy another bank slot,
I thought, due to the verbage of the item’s description, that I could make it 8 extra slots…
…now I have an account bound item I can’t use and am out the gems.

You’d think it would be like it was months ago, where they wouldn’t show up in the Store when you can’t use them…. AND they’d change the wording so as to be clear you can ONLY have 7 extra slots, no matter what…. It’s the only reason I bought it, thought it was something new… (haven’t played since Dec)

-Grimm Liberty

Gem store robbed me.

beefjus.9347

I wonder if Anet is actually going to do something about this…

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: kamikazecopilot.9801

kamikazecopilot.9801

beefjus, I am sorry nothing has happened to help you out yet. I hope it does get reversed. My wife and I are both pulling for you!

Never forsake fighting for what you believe in; the fray is always worth the blood, sweat, and tears
-Kevin Fogg

Gem store robbed me.

beefjus.9347

Thanks

This is the first and only problem I’ve ever had with ANet and I hope it’ll be the only one. I’ve had similar problems in the past with both Activision and EA, but they’re both evil so it was actually my fault for trusting them with my money…Anet on the other hand has a good track record with their users, so I’m hoping that they’ll do something soon.

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: Eiken.6821

Eiken.6821

I have had a similar issue with buying things, in my experience. The support just tells me there is nothing they can do to help me and they are sorry about it. They are not able to give a refund.

I hope they might be able to help you, they (the anet support ticket area) turned me down twice about different situations that were very similar in request to refunds for mishaps.

Sometimes the support in a game can make or break your gameplay, and I have had many times where I am on the verge of leaving all together merely because I keep getting “Cannot help” replies. It’s not that hard to give a little. It’s not like I was asking for the money back to my creditcard, merely back to my account. They loose nothing and we can both be happy.

(edited by Eiken.6821)

Gem store robbed me.

beefjus.9347

Sorry to hear that you encountered the same problem.

I agree that the support team can make or break a game, but when dealing with millions of subscribers, the problems of one can seem negligible to these big companies. Take Blizzard/Activision for example. On two accounts, they have charged me twice for a single month’s subscription fee, and all they could say was “sorry, we can’t do anything to give you your money back”. I guess ANet is on the same boat with the other “evil” companies, wherein the problems of one doesn’t warrant action, even if it’s their fault.

I haven’t logged back into the game for a while now, since it feels sleazy eating from the hand that slapped me.

(edited by beefjus.9347)

Gem store robbed me.

beefjus.9347

UPDATE:

“Thank you for taking the time to follow up with us. I apologize for the frustration this has caused. I feel that you have not gotten a full explanation as to why we are unable to offer you a refund for this issue. We have the ability to refund any amount of gems for any purchase, this is true, however, we are unable to remove the character slot from your account. We have no means of doing so. As such, offering you gems for this would equate to you receiving something that you may well use later, free of charge that others would have paid for. So while I understand that you feel robbed in this situation, we are unable to give you the refund for this purchase. If you need anything else please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

GM Untharin
The Guild Wars Support Team"

Had they said this earlier, things would have been way better, yet they chose to beat around the bush, and not tell me why they couldn’t do the refund. It’s still a pretty lame excuse “sorry that we took your 800 gems because our system derped…oh and sorry that we can’t give it back, because we didn’t foresee a problem like this ever arising, and we didn’t program the game to be able to handle this type of situation.”

(edited by beefjus.9347)

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: YzermanCpt.9375

YzermanCpt.9375

That right there is facepalm worthy.

“Our programmers programmed the ability to add character slots, but they didn’t program the ability to remove them.” Okay…

Also, so what if giving you gems back without the ability to remove the character slot would be seen as giving you more back than what you lost. The trademark of an honest company that stands out from the rest is going above and beyond with extra compensation. In this case, that would be giving the 800 gems back and letting you keep the character slot. It’s not like it costs Anet anything extra to do this and it’s their own lack of foresight that’s the problem.

Gem store robbed me.

beefjus.9347

Yeah, but they’re not going to do that. Why give when you can sell? I’ll just have to bite the bullet and let it slide, since being continually stonewalled is starting to get in the way of me enjoying anything else. Congratulations on screwing me over, ANet! I hope that you guys feel good about your little “win”.

Gem store robbed me.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

“Gem store robbed me.”

No, you clicked and confirmed a purchase price. This is not a matter of robbing, nor a game bug, you just bought it twice.

I know the OP is upset, but this comment really sums up this situation. The OP was not robbed; the OP purchased two when he intended to purchase one. As explained, in this situation we cannot offer free gems while the player retains the character slot. We are sorry that this took place, but the issue was not related to a game-related shortfall or bug.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet