Goodbye Lagfest!

Goodbye Lagfest!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Healingpistol.5829

Healingpistol.5829

As the title says, goodbye. Having an i7 3.4, AMD 6870, and 8gb RAM, and not being ablr to play the game is to much of an insult for me. I hope you find yourself some elite customers, and yes my internet is rly good I asure you.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Knosoteric.3521

Knosoteric.3521

It’s only recently theres an issue with fps lagg. I have similar specs as you and It’s always been smooth but now I’m lagging to the point where I can’t play. It’s just temporary issue hopefully they’ll fix it soon.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

Hell. the FPS issue is nothing.

Have you ever tried being on the short end of the stick where the game either doesnt start at all or it crashes every 5-10 minutes of gameplay?

Yea, FPS problems are the least of many others worries.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: IvanHoe.3468

IvanHoe.3468

Remember to claim your refund and state the reason was because the terrible performance.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

The OP has been playing for over 4 months,this is his second thread/post about “not being able to play” ( Mind you,he Can play but suffers from low performance.. ). Not once has he made a thread to ask for help about his problem.I think this should say enough about the current issue and the OP in question.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Have you ever tried being on the short end of the stick where the game either doesnt start at all or it crashes every 5-10 minutes of gameplay?

If a game crashes on you every 5 minutes, then the logical thing to do is fix your system. Especially considering my rig is ancient and runs the game perfectly well. Ive had a grand total of 2 crashes, which were in the first two days of ownership. Since setting the games compatabilty options correctly it had never crashed.

Instead of blaming the game, sort out your system.

@OP a lot of the lag is due to other players not the game. A fair number of poeple have really really crappy connections and insist on playing MMO games. It doesnt matter how good the games networking is when 30+ people with sub 1mb connections group up and start firing off effects. Everyone around them is going to suffer as the data gets choked on the sub standard connections.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

If a game crashes on you every 5 minutes, then the logical thing to do is fix your system. Especially considering my rig is ancient and runs the game perfectly well. Ive had a grand total of 2 crashes, which were in the first two days of ownership. Since setting the games compatabilty options correctly it had never crashed.

Instead of blaming the game, sort out your system.

@OP a lot of the lag is due to other players not the game. A fair number of poeple have really really crappy connections and insist on playing MMO games. It doesnt matter how good the games networking is when 30+ people with sub 1mb connections group up and start firing off effects. Everyone around them is going to suffer as the data gets choked on the sub standard connections.

When u have a system that plays Crysis 2 on max settings perfectly well. AND that Guild Wars 2 ran perfectly fine until the February series of patches, it is not my system.

I sent tickets to support and followed all their instructions to the letter and it never worked, when i asked for more help, they just stood silent because they cannot help. Even before that, i took all other SOP measures that everyone would know in the case of something like this to fix it. And it didnt work.

So take your bollocks elsewhere if you do not understand that things like this will happen.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

I have a system that runs C2 fine, infact the only game taht ever game me trouble is Gothic 3 which is widely known as a bug ridden POS that should never have been released.

It doesnt matter if a game worked 20 minutes ago, system faults can appear in seconds especially for intermittent errors (like a PSU undervolting).

Instead of attacking me you should look at your system closer. Its obvious that you have a fault somewhere but are simply unwilling to sort it out and instead blame the game.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Healingpistol.5829

Healingpistol.5829

Well that thread is pretty depressing also, except for the funny part how they deleted the word lousy from the title.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

i find it ironicly funny, i mean there are few white knights who ride to Anets defense but….alas they are out number by those of us who are tired of the lousy fps.

I just think the fix will come when the xbox720 becomes a viable target for mmo’s….the race will be on for anet to get it out there for 720 players who will not only pay more for the game but will also likely buy lots of gems……win win for anet….

hopefully they do it and it carrys over perf fixes and dx11 support for the rest of us!!!

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: popandog.2487

popandog.2487

Starcraft 2 – able to play multiplayer just fine, no lags, no disconnects.
Borderlands 2 – able to play multiplayer just fine, no lags, no disconnects.
DOTA 2 – able to play multiplayer just fine, no lags, no disconnects.
Guild Wars 2 – unplayable; lags and disconnects since February maintenance.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Soul.6572

Soul.6572

Wait what? His lag is due to other players? You do know that this game is hosted on a server, and that it does not matter of another players has a kittenty connection, only that player will lag for himself (and we’ll probably see him flying / teleporting sometimes)

Reading your reply I can say with full conviction that you do not know how a server listens and handles requests.

The server just cannot handle the sheer ammount of requests when it comes to dragon fights. There’s the ‘choke’. The more players you have in one place, the more requests the server has to take. This leads to the phenomenom skill lag in this game.

On another note, the optimization of this game isn’t what it should be, the big amount of spell effects really lowers your fps and combined with the skill lag you get an unplayable situation.

Goodbye Lagfest!

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Wait what? His lag is due to other players? You do know that this game is hosted on a server, and that it does not matter of another players has a kittenty connection, only that player will lag for himself (and we’ll probably see him flying / teleporting sometimes)

Reading your reply I can say with full conviction that you do not know how a server listens and handles requests.

The server just cannot handle the sheer ammount of requests when it comes to dragon fights. There’s the ‘choke’. The more players you have in one place, the more requests the server has to take. This leads to the phenomenom skill lag in this game.

On another note, the optimization of this game isn’t what it should be, the big amount of spell effects really lowers your fps and combined with the skill lag you get an unplayable situation.

the spell effects arnt the main cause of fps drop, that is due to the number of players on screen more then effects.

this game has an issue where the more people visible(or in the same area but not visable) the lower the fps, part is due to culling not working as advertized (was sposta be umbra culling on gpu, but it dosnt work, umbra blame gfx card makers all having shoddy drivers…..rather then fixing the problem on their end)

the server may be dealing with stress but, honestly, you cant say this is all server side, its not, the client is just kitten poor when it comes to optimization for desktop systems.

in bit zergs or de’s watch your gpu usage, if it dosnt drop due to cpu bottleneck then your cards not very strong….

I have seen 4850’s gpu usage drop below 50% in DE’s and WvWvW, not to mention 5770’s 7770’s and 6870’s and 7870’s….(mine will drop into the 20’s at times)

they need to fix the client side cpu usage/threading issues, because even removing casting classes or their spell effects wont fix these issues…..

Goodbye Lagfest!

Posted by: Soul.6572

Soul.6572

the spell effects arnt the main cause of fps drop, that is due to the number of players on screen more then effects.

this game has an issue where the more people visible(or in the same area but not visable) the lower the fps, part is due to culling not working as advertized (was sposta be umbra culling on gpu, but it dosnt work, umbra blame gfx card makers all having shoddy drivers…..rather then fixing the problem on their end)

the server may be dealing with stress but, honestly, you cant say this is all server side, its not, the client is just kitten poor when it comes to optimization for desktop systems.

in bit zergs or de’s watch your gpu usage, if it dosnt drop due to cpu bottleneck then your cards not very strong….

I have seen 4850’s gpu usage drop below 50% in DE’s and WvWvW, not to mention 5770’s 7770’s and 6870’s and 7870’s….(mine will drop into the 20’s at times)

they need to fix the client side cpu usage/threading issues, because even removing casting classes or their spell effects wont fix these issues…..

The skill lag IS server side. Fps has nothing to do with the fact that your healing skill doesn’t do kitten (even when spamming it).

The rest in your post is spot on, culling is indeed not working as it should, but when i was talking about the spell effects I mean they should add an option to turn down other players’s spell effects (like in world of warcraft) or atleast make sure that culling works properly so I don’t see 1545646 meteor showers :p

Goodbye Lagfest!

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

the skill lag could also be client side, if the client isnt processing the key press and sending that to the server in proper fassion then that would explain the situation as well.

my guess is its a combination of both, i mean, look at it this way, the clients tri-threaded and anet admit these 3 threads are VERY heavy and if any one of them is over stressed(hits a wall) the whole game suffers, if the 3 threads manage everything from culling to skills, it could be that the threads stalling out(due to being to heavy) and thus not processing button presses as you press them…

I have seen this kind of effect before….mind it was not a game that went retail but in beta testing of titles, I have never seen a game go retail in such poor shape client side wise….let alone go as many months without any sort of fixes for the problems……