Graphics

Graphics

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Azrexx.5469

Azrexx.5469

I don’t know if anyone remembers me but I’ve already posted I this forum section about my graphics before. As you will see in the picture, there is something wrong with the graphics. I have ATI Radeon 5700 series, version 13.4. A lot of people told me to update my drivers, which I did. The weird thing is, I have beautiful graphics after I updated my drivers, but when I shut down my PC, and I play again the next day, they are just like before. Ugly.

Does anyone know what to do about this?

(The driver program says my drivers are up to date atm.)

Attachments:

Aurora Glade

Graphics

Azrexx.5469

This is how it looks right after I updated my drivers, which looks normal I guess.

Attachments:

Aurora Glade

Graphics

Posted by: Kastylx.2579

Kastylx.2579

I have a hd5770 with 13.4. I have no problem at all. Maybe the folder where GW2 saves the settings is read only?

You can also try removing the CCC/AMD vision engine center or just reset the settings on the gaming tab and see if it helps.

Sorry for my english.

Edit: Btw hows ur settings ingame?

(edited by Kastylx.2579)

Graphics

Azrexx.5469

Maybe the folder where GW2 saves the settings is read only?

Why do you mean with this?

Btw hows ur settings ingame?

I set them as low as possible but that didn’t really help.

Aurora Glade

Graphics

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Azrexx,

The game saves the settings in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Guild Wars 2

Start by deleting the file “local.dat” When you start your game and login (at character selection screen) Goto the video tab and where it gives you a “Settings Preset” or something close to that, choose “best appearance”.

What I’m guessing, the option may have last been set as “Auto Detect” and some reason is setting the graphics to low.

Your “ugly” graphics is not from the card or drivers displaying properly, but the game being set to “low”.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Graphics

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

Go into your Catalyst Control Center settings and make sure that the Mipmap detail is set to the highest quality and that there are no game-specific profiles overriding that setting. When people report blurry low rez texture problems with certain games that setting is often the culprit.

Whilst you’re in the CCC also check that any other graphics quality settings are set to prefer maximum quality instead of max performance.

If all the settings are on max quality and the problem still persists, I would recommend uninstalling your drivers completely and then running a driver cleaning tool (like driver sweeper / fusion) before reinstalling them.

Needless to say if it works for a brief period after you upgrade / reinstall the drivers, but not after a computer reboot, something’s not working right. It’s just a matter of figuring out what’s causing it.

Graphics

Azrexx.5469

Azrexx,

The game saves the settings in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Guild Wars 2

Start by deleting the file “local.dat” When you start your game and login (at character selection screen) Goto the video tab and where it gives you a “Settings Preset” or something close to that, choose “best appearance”.

What I’m guessing, the option may have last been set as “Auto Detect” and some reason is setting the graphics to low.

Your “ugly” graphics is not from the card or drivers displaying properly, but the game being set to “low”.

I tried the things you said but it didn’t work ):

Aurora Glade

Graphics

Azrexx.5469

Go into your Catalyst Control Center settings and make sure that the Mipmap detail is set to the highest quality and that there are no game-specific profiles overriding that setting. When people report blurry low rez texture problems with certain games that setting is often the culprit.

Whilst you’re in the CCC also check that any other graphics quality settings are set to prefer maximum quality instead of max performance.

If all the settings are on max quality and the problem still persists, I would recommend uninstalling your drivers completely and then running a driver cleaning tool (like driver sweeper / fusion) before reinstalling them.

Needless to say if it works for a brief period after you upgrade / reinstall the drivers, but not after a computer reboot, something’s not working right. It’s just a matter of figuring out what’s causing it.

I checked on the things you said and I think they are as they should be.
I’ll try uninstalling my drivers, I’ll see what happens then.

Aurora Glade

Graphics

Azrexx.5469

Any other suggestions before I uninstall my drivers?

Aurora Glade