Graphics Lag /Low FPS After Latest Build

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Freiheight.3465

Freiheight.3465

This morning after patching my guild wars 2 just got this heavy graphics lag for idk what reason at all. I tried playing other games and my vcard was working just fine. Any ideas? I run gw2 on max settings with no prob until now. No FPS lag on character selection screen just in-game.

“Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!”

Posted by: Ishniana.2765

Ishniana.2765

I also am getting insane graphics lag after this latest patch. No matter if I run at low or high settings I am only busting 8-10FPS!!!

System Specs
Windows 7 SP 1 (64 bit)
16GB RAM
i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHZ
Nvidia 630 GT 4GB
My drivers are up to day since I just checked (v306)

Posted by: Shredda.4683

Shredda.4683

I’m noticing signficant lag, but I’m not sure if that’s related to GW2 or Windows 8 which I also just installed. Mind you, everything else I run in W8 actually runs better than before, so I’m guessing it’s the latest GW2 patch. The one thing I really notice is when you do any rotation of the camera, it really slows down a lot. If I just run straight, it works fine.

Freiheight.3465

I tried installing new drivers and downgrading at the same time from 12.10 to 12.11 and vice versa and no changes. I tried resetting my modem to check but no luck i still get as low as 8fps on LA from 30-40 fps last night before the new build was implemented.

System Specs
Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit)
8gb Ram
AMD 1055t 3.0 ghz
ATI 7870 OC ed 2gb
Drivers up to date and no AV running in the background whatsoever.

Posted by: Shredda.4683

Shredda.4683

I’m running similar specs myself:
Windows 8
16GB Ram @ 1600MHz
AMD 1055T @ 2.8GHz (I had it at 3.3GHz, downclocked down to stock to see if it was an issue, didn’t make any difference)
ATI 6950 2GB (Had the latest drivers, removed them and went back to last months, didn’t make any difference)

Freiheight.3465

I played for awhile to see if the game will fix itself but nothing. After restarting my modem the game was smooth for a min and after that there it goes again. I have 50ms ping and i’m sure it has nothing to do with my net connection cuz i play my other games just fine.

Posted by: DeFrOn.8607

DeFrOn.8607

I second this… even have the skill delays is back after this new patch. I thought all the while i was the only one .. heavily skill delay + graphic delay (especially Ride The Lighting) Even called up my isp provider they said my reading was fine.

Posted by: eugoreez.6294

eugoreez.6294

same here.. I had this problem before, for a few days after release.. after a week or so, it was fixed.. running ~30 FPS, depending on screen intensity it might fall to 15 FPS.. but playable, no problem..

today’s patch bring the problem back.. only i think it’s not as bad as before.. please fix this anet.. i can’t play in this condition =_=

Freiheight.3465

Did anyone found a fix for this?i don’t like to play the game with this lag.

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

Turning the game audio volume to 0 fixed this for me.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

Freiheight.3465

Ill try that cuz i cant play the game with 7-10 fps just merely standing in LA.

I lowered it to 0 and still lagging as usual.

Attachments:

(edited by Freiheight.3465)

Posted by: Bionic.2416

Bionic.2416

Lag spikes every few minutes or so

Freiheight.3465

4fps is so annoying..

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I’ve been talking about black screen crashes in other threads but after seeing this one I have to say – my FPS is now 17 or so when it was 35-40 before. Whatever they did in yesterday’s patch, my video card doesn’t like it. I’m pretty sure it’s the video driver causing the black screens, too – monitor goes dark well before the computer shuts down.

Edit: Lowered settings to minimum (I only had textures and cloth/water animation on high), FPS is 28, still lower than before.

(edited by neon.4863)

Freiheight.3465

Im stuck at 5-10 FPS. Lowering the settings doesn’t even help. I’m pretty sure it’s not my ISP cuz i use two ISP and also not my PC cuz it was fine before the latest build.

Freiheight.3465

Still no fix?i tried reformatting my pc still no luck..its all on you now anet :|

Posted by: MoLtieS.8547

MoLtieS.8547

well @ least some dev could give us some news about some fix … ._.

Freiheight.3465

Yeah someone please..-_-

Freiheight.3465

I found a temporary fix for this issue but it only works on some places. I’m not capped at 10fps anymore but still get half of my previous fps in this place. I was running 60 fps in frostgorge before the latest build. This is all that i can provide for those players who have the same fps issue. Hope it helps!

Attachments:

Posted by: flycatcher.8601

flycatcher.8601

I dont know if u’ve read my topic about this, but I’ve had the same situation last Oct 15 patch. I went totally nuts trying to figure out what happened. From 60 fps, it got cut off by 50% 30 fps everywhere, even in lowest settings! All the other games are playing well!

Turns out, I needed to unplug my monitor from the video card, and use another monitor! When I played GW2 again, I was so surprised to see that its back to 60 fps again! I plugged in my true monitor, and its working fine!

You should all try this to see if it would work for you guys. I dont know what happened but Im pretty sure it has got somethign to do with Arenanet’s patch.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Please try deleting your Local.Dat ( autogenerates ) file wich is stored in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Guild Wars 2 .The file saves your graphics/video/audio settings amongst other things ( it doesnt touches keybinds though ),so you need to revert those settings back to your likings when having deleted this file.Do note that the first loading will be longer then normal since its applying the graphics for the “first time”,after the first everything should be normal.

A while ago my loading became longer for no aparant reason,file size of Local.Dat was growing to about 43mb.Ive deleted it,loading times are normal and the file stil hasn’t grown over 23mb.Another user has also had a positive effect from doing this and also fixing his loading issue.

PS: if this doesn’t work…wich i think it will.Then also remember to make use of the -repair commandline parameter.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Posted by: Alteris.1528

Alteris.1528

Try rolling back your drivers to as far as 12.6 and see if any of those help, also Disable FXAA, all it does is Blur the image and eats up some FPS. Depth Blur eats away at FPS so I’d also disable that as well.

I’m playing at 1680×1050 with a 955BE @ 3.9GHz, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz and an HD4890 (915MHz Core. 1GHz GDDR5) with almost everything set to high, minus shadows and shaders which are both medium (some reason my game actually looks better with medium shaders ? lol) and I average 40+ FPS throughout the game, even in LA I get 35+.

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

Problem is (in my case), when i run GW2, my PCI e slot runs only at 2x speed instead 16x (checked with GPUZ). I have no idea how to fix it tho. Here is a screen.
Usually i get 60+ FPS in that area, so yeah we want game fixes, no hallowen events pls. Test ur “patches” before release em. I can’t play since October 22, i understand the ppl who create the new content is not the same ppl who fix bugs, but in my opinion as a customer is insulting (to say the less) u realease new content without testing it.

Peace

Attachments:

(edited by Rampage.7145)

Freiheight.3465

I did almost all the troubleshooting you guys mentioned. My pc is a mobile pc and i always bring it with me thus i disconnect the monitor cables from time to time. Also i did a clean install of my OS and repaired gw2 installation. So far my fps improved from being capped at 10 to 17fps in LA. My fps is fine in frostgorge but it doesn’t reach 60 anymore. I will try the .dat fix and see if it works.

Edit : No luck on that .dat fix

Freiheight.3465

Just look at this FPS in the mist. I should get more seriously. Something is really wrong with the latest build and it ruined my fps for some reason idk.

Attachments:

Posted by: Alteris.1528

Alteris.1528

I can varify that it is due to the event, if I go anywhere that the event has an effect (fullscreen effects/fogs etc etc) I get an FPS hit, especually in LA, but reguardless GW2 is Poorly optimised in general, I did how ever notice a pretty significant FPS boost when I deleted that .dat file now it sits at just under 2MBs :/ ?. and in area’s I was getting 40ish FPS I’m back to 50+ now.

Posted by: ZaneStriker.2836

ZaneStriker.2836

I’m having lag issues since the patch, not fps. My FPS never drops below 50 even in the biggest WvW battles while I’m lagging all over the place just following a couple of guildies.

DiE
Blackgate

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

I’m having lag issues since the patch, not fps. My FPS never drops below 50 even in the biggest WvW battles while I’m lagging all over the place just following a couple of guildies.

Curious what is your ping times to the server?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

ZaneStriker.2836

How do I check it?

DiE
Blackgate

kirito.4138

1) Press (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) to open Task Manager.
2) Click the Performance tab. Click Resource Monitor
3) Network tab > TCP Connections, look for gw2.exe

should see it using port 6112 and 80. Look at latency column.

Freiheight.3465

My latency is 250 average..that’s normal cuz i have that much latency on most games except for other online games which are near our country.

Freiheight.3465

I can varify that it is due to the event, if I go anywhere that the event has an effect (fullscreen effects/fogs etc etc) I get an FPS hit, especually in LA, but reguardless GW2 is Poorly optimised in general, I did how ever notice a pretty significant FPS boost when I deleted that .dat file now it sits at just under 2MBs :/ ?. and in area’s I was getting 40ish FPS I’m back to 50+ now.

This might be true cuz i don’t lag in frostgorge tho there is a slight spikes when i turn the camera and my fps is half the usual in this area. Unfortunately that .dat fix didnt help much.

ZaneStriker.2836

1) Press (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) to open Task Manager.
2) Click the Performance tab. Click Resource Monitor
3) Network tab > TCP Connections, look for gw2.exe

should see it using port 6112 and 80. Look at latency column.

There are 3 GW2.exe in that list. 430, 300 and 220ms. That’s sitting in LA on Blackgate. I’m Australian so those numbers aren’t that high.

DiE
Blackgate

Freiheight.3465

WTB new build soon. This issue is annoying.

kirito.4138

There are 3 sources of lag.
Hardware/Graphical -> Network connection latency -> Server load

All the extra Halloween stuff and people running around will tax all three types.

@ZaneStriker, you claim not to have any graphical fps lag, but it seems you have network lag. 300-430ms is rather high latency. With more stuff moving around such as WvW likely be jumpy or porting around.

@Freiheight, since you are not getting 60fps+ anymore, try disabling Vertical Sync.

Leaving that on while getting below 60fps will actually hurt your FPS more. With vsync enabled you only get 60, 30, 20, 15, 12, 10 FPS values. It will automatically round you down. So if you are suppose to get 50fps, it will drop you down to 30fps.

What CPU&GPU %usage are you getting? [Read this] on how to view it.

(edited by kirito.4138)

Freiheight.3465

@Kirito Checking my latency it’s fine i mean even tho i have high latency like for example 400ish my fps won’t be capped at less than 10 cuz i have a pretty decent rig. I run the game without any fps drop ever since beta. I was playing before this new build came and the lowest fps drop i got was 15 during heavy WvW. That being said, i haven’t altered any settings or any hardware changes before the new build came so it is expected that i will get the same result after the build unless the new build is buggy. Spend 3 days now tweaking every settings and only reflections made my game playable but not smooth as it was before. In LA i have 5-10 fps and in the mist i have 5-7 considering not much players are in that area. Reverting Drivers didn’t help either. And also this issue occurs on whatever settings (low-high) so even if i keep tweaking stuff it won’t matter. Another weird thing is that when i’m in frostgorge everything is fine with 30-40 fps is fine but there are still lag spikes every time i turn my camera elsewhere. So if i have a problem with my rig then i should lag in every place in the game but no. I guess ill just have to wait for anet to fix things.

kirito.4138

Added Halloween stuff might have increased the computing needed. Different places in the game have different loads on hardware.

What CPU&GPU %usage are you getting?

Btw, changing best performance to best appearance setting doesn’t change vertical sync option. I noticed you have it on in your screenshot. No point having it on when you can’t get stable 60fps.

Freiheight.3465

http://i.imgur.com/N8uMD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kxRs7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/V77Gn.jpg

Here are some screenshots with and without vsync. Tweaked the settings too like getting rid of FXAA, reflections, shaders, and shadows. Feels like running on a low end system while playing. This screens was taken in CS where i get the lowest fps. I was running 30-40 fps in CS before the build and now it doesn’t even pass 10fps.

kirito.4138

you’re getting about 45%CPU which is about right. GW2 usually only use about 2.5 cores of your 6. What is your GPU clock speed running at? Is it under-clocked or throttling down?

Noticed your GPU only used ~230MB of memory. Mine when running used ~680MB, out of 2GB available. Not sure if it matters, but just some differences I saw.

I run Q6600 cpu and get 15-20 FPS running around in LA with this last patch. Your system should do much better than mine.

(edited by kirito.4138)

Freiheight.3465

My cpu is running at stock speed no OC (2.8ghz) or w/e. And yes i should get more cuz i got more before the patch. In LA i run at average of 25fps and now i’m at 7fps average which is very weird. I will revert to 12.8 driver as we speak and i hope it will fix the issue. If not then i guess it’s on anet and not my rig.

kirito.4138

I was talking about GPU clock speed, not CPU. There are reports of adobe flash underclocking GPU causing issues for some.

Freiheight.3465

No luck on the 12.8 driver. My gpu is at stock speed 1000mhz 7870 oc ed 2gb.

kirito.4138

No luck on the 12.8 driver. My gpu is at stock speed 1000mhz 7870 oc ed 2gb.

How is it running at stock 1000mhz when its a OC edition? unless you undid the factory overclock yourself. Is that what HwINFO/GPUZ/Afterburner displays at load?

Freiheight.3465

Sorry it was 1050mhz. Here’s an SS of my fps in frostgorge. The only place that is playable atm. I have 20-30fps atm but i used to have 30 to even 63fps in some places here. FPS is kinda low but atleast there’s no stuttering like in most places. Funny but i lag in places where there are pumpkins and halloween stuff

Attachments:

kirito.4138

Have you tried fiddling with ATI Catalyst 3D settings?

Freiheight.3465

did that too..followed the guide in this forum. XD no luck. I set catalyst to default now.

kirito.4138

I don’t have ATI card anymore so I can’t see the settings, but I recall you can lower some settings below default setting for better performance at the cost of image quality.

Freiheight.3465

I turned on Triple Buffering and somehow it lessened the stuttering and fps increased a bit..but still not smooth..but i guess ill stay with these settings for now.

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

My local.dat file was 41MB, deleted it and it’s now 1700kb, no difference in performance though.

Triple buffering is for OpenGL, which games since 2003 hasn’t used, but if it helps then that’s good.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

Freiheight.3465

Yeah was kinda weird. Wasn’t expecting triple buffering would help but it did a lil smoothness there but still far from fix.

my .dat file is also 1700 from 38mb no difference there. Im still having some heavy fps drops especially in the mist.