Graphics...Terrible problem

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Fyuryus.9375

Fyuryus.9375

I have no clue what to do at this point. My pc meets the requirements so i bought it installed in about an hr, logged in to play and this is what I see. I’ve changed the target to -image, that did nothing. I’ve messed with the in game settings, that did nothing. Anyone have advice?

Attachments:

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

Hi,

Kindly attach your dxdiag so we can check your Computer specs.

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

Fyuryus.9375

Alright, I assume this is what you want. I’ve also sent in a ticket with this sort of info as well. Just figured i’d post here to see what people think.

Attachments:

Posted by: gosu.8153

gosu.8153

your graphics driver is out of date. I bet other drivers are out of date as well.
Update ALL drivers.

Fyuryus.9375

Weird..I have Driver Detect. A program partnered with Norton. I have scanned my pc many times it keeps saying my graphics driver is updated. You know a spot where i can update my specific driver?

Posted by: XcomCaveRat.4059

XcomCaveRat.4059

You can try this tool from AMD:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

But it may not work on a laptop with switchable graphics.

Gandara

Fyuryus.9375

Yeah, it doesn’t work I’ve tried that I just read I need to contact the manufacturer for a driver update..seems invalid but anyone support that theory?

Posted by: gosu.8153

gosu.8153

Get the drivers for your laptop from HP website

XcomCaveRat.4059

That’s the problem. He already has “latest” drivers from HP. He needs latest (or at least recent) drivers from AMD.

Gandara

Fyuryus.9375

Yep, maybe the tech support i emailed today will have an idea by tomorrow..hopefully. I didn’t realize this was going to happen.

XcomCaveRat.4059

Gandara

Posted by: AndyPandy.3471

AndyPandy.3471

The image shows what typically happens if the GPU memory gets corrupted, try lowering your RAM + GPU cloak via some overclocking tools and see at what frequency this error is gone.

Fyuryus.9375

I’m not exactly sure how to do that but…i’ll mess around with it.

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

Hi Fyuryus.

It looks to me as if the graphics card or integrated graphics chip is producing artifacts. This can be caused by a few problems. Sometimes the problem can exist for a long time with out you noticing it or until a game comes along that pushes your computer to work harder than other games.

Problems with these symptoms are usually caused by one or more of the following:

1. Underpowered graphics card.
Check your power supply rating and graphics card requirements. Check all power connections and make sure they are clean and properly seated.

2. Overheating graphics card.
Monitor your computer temperatures using software programs such as AIDA64, CoreTemp, or MSI Afterburner. In cases where the graphics is part of a laptop then you’ll want to keep the graphics temps lower than normal since resident heat can affect surrounding components. Also In desktop scenarios, cleaning the desktop and removing as much dust as possible could help lower overall temperatures.

3. Unstable Overclock on graphics card.
If you have overclocked your graphics card and/or it came pre-overclocked from the manufacturer, you may wish to try lowering the overclock to the graphics cards original reference speeds. If this solves the problem then you will either have to run a lower overclocked speed or contact your graphics card manufacturer. Note that because Guild Wars 2 is still fairly new it is currently recommended that you do not overclock your graphics card.

4. Corrupted or out-of-date driver software for graphics card.
Make Sure that all your drivers are at the latest official certified version, try to stay clear from beta drivers as these are not certified to work with your hardware and could have bugs in the software. Check the manufaturers website directly (Nvidia.com / AMD.com) to check for the latest software available for your hardware.

Hope this helps you, if not it could be a good start to look into the overheating issue first since this is generally speaking the most common cause.

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

Fyuryus.9375

I’m fairly sure it’s the driver. I’ve tried 10 times to update my AMD driver but it won’t allow me to.

Posted by: Rabbiddog.7690

Rabbiddog.7690

How exactly are you trying to update them? What errors are you getting? The more detail the better. Your drivers are definitely out of date, by quite a bit. Have you tried downloading the drivers directly from AMD and running the install? According to their site you should be on driver version 12.8.

Posted by: Rabbiddog.7690

Rabbiddog.7690

I found a couple places with more up to date driver you can download. AMD’s stupid driver detection tool is crap. Had the same problems with my old HP running an AMD card. Ended up downloading drivers from third parties.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/AMD/AMD-Catalyst-Mobility-Display-Driver-123-for-Vista64-Windows-7-x64.shtml

http://notepad.pathetickittenroach.com/1285/an-archive-of-amd-mobility-win-7-x64-drivers/