Grapichs issues and crashes

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: caddy.6459

caddy.6459

Q:

Hi, I’m experiencing grapichs issues such as map, avatar logos, trade post and more is not loading correctly. This happend now and then before the latest patch but now the game is not playable, I’m having sudden FPS drops to the point the entire game stalls. A guild member suggested my hardware was overheathing but my gcard and cpu is under 60 celcius so it can not be that. And at one point today when the game stalled completly it sounded like either the cpu/gcard fan was going to explode.

I am running the game on high/ultra with this system:
Mainboard : MSI B85M-G43 (MS-7823)
Chipset : Haswell DRAM Controller
Processor : Intel P6 @ 3400 MHz
Physical Memory : 8192 MB (2 × 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Hard Disk : Crucial_CT120M500SSD1 ATA Device (120GB)
Hard Disk : Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 ATA Device (2000GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : Toshiba-Samsung CDDVDW SH-224DB
CD-Rom Drive : DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Monitor Type : BEKO-VJAZ1 – 32 inches
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.01.7600 (32-bit)
DirectX : Version 11.00
Windows Performance Index : 7.4 on 7.9

Attachments:

(edited by caddy.6459)

caddy.6459

A:

I had W7-32bit and have now installed W7-64bit, problem solved.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Unfortunately, I can join you in some of this misery. Since the patch, I’ve crashed out 7 times. I haven’t crashed out, except after very long sessions, for several months. This much crashing is reminiscent of beta, for me.

I’ve checked/reset my graphics settings to their original modest levels (my machine is a bit older, but again, I haven’t had crashing issues for a long time, and was on for several hours just before the game went down for this patch).

I’m crashing out in all sorts of places, and while doing mundane things. I’ve seen the BL pane show up with big blue and green unfocused diamonds prior to a couple crashouts.

Whatever they did with this patch, it’s destroying what was a perfectly stable game, for me, immediately prior. Only good thing is I have a new machine ready to build shortly that will eat my current one as an appetizer, so I’m hoping this mess will not matter to me. But until then, I guess I get about 30-50m of play before the inevitable next crash.

(Yes, I’ve let the game send in crash reports for those times where I haven’t had to forcibly kill the process.)

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Post your crash logs (arenanet.log under my documents/guild wars 2). Export as a .txt and attach using more posting & formatting options below.

caddy.6459

Trying to add screenshots but the game just crashes, it’s so unstable that I can’t do anything. The only new information I got is that other people are also experiencing this.

Please anet fix this soon..

EDIT: Added the crashlog I got from trying to take a screenshot:

Attachments:

(edited by caddy.6459)

Kyllaa.1385

Now that I see your log, this really belongs on the tech support forum.

You’ve encountered a couple different errors today alone.

I saw a few “out of memory” errors and a few “cannot be written” errors, plus one more “failed dx9dev.cpp.”

With one of those errors I’d recommend a check disk of your hard drive to check for a failing drive.

For another, start with closing out all extraneous programs or running an msconfig, disabling all startup programs, restart comp, test gw2.

For the other, well, I’m not sure, you could try a repair of the client, but I cannot confirm it will work.

If this was on the tech support forum, other tech savvy peeps could give their opinions and try to help you.

Anyway, start with those bits and we’ll go from there.

Kyllaa.1385

Glad you found your problem! 32bit windows seems to be the main culprit for most of the out of memory errors people are experiencing. Good luck!