Gtx 970 Enable sli makes graphic flashy

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: dabii.1274

dabii.1274

I have i7-4790k Cpu and 24G Ram. Gtx 970 sli graphic card. I played the game no problem with Sli disabled but when I enabled Sli, the attached picture is what I see. Anyone can help me solve this?

Attachments:

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

I have i7-4790k Cpu and 24G Ram. Gtx 970 sli graphic card. I played the game no problem with Sli disabled but when I enabled Sli, the attached picture is what I see. Anyone can help me solve this?

You would probably get more help, if you provided information about your setting from Nvidia control panel and from in-game.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I had the same problem years ago on my previous machine with a pair of 275 cards. Same thing with weird colors and more notably I got miserable <10fps framerates with SLi enabled. I just ran GW2 single card. I’m sure there’s probably a setting that will make it work properly, but I replaced that machine before investigating it too far and have since replaced the 275s with a single 660 and given it to the kids.

Posted by: Nyx.8193

Nyx.8193

Might want to clean install drivers with DDU, then download the latest ones. Latest nvidia drivers offer SLI improvements for gw2.

i5-4690k | Z97-A | Fury 16GB | GTX 970 Strix SLI
850 Evo 128GB/250GB | Caviar Black 1TB | G-650
Essence STX | Define R5 | 2x U2312HM

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

Well I have not seen that issue >.< But I usually see the members in party list bug and over lap each other I really wish a net would work on actually having Sli work with GW2 as im running 3 GTX 680’s in tri sli but there is a way to make it run with one card in NVidia Control panel < Manage 3D settings on the left then Program Settings tab in mid section (you might have to add gw2.exe well make shue it is in the list if not add it) scroll down to Sli rendering mode and Select Single GPU. But Arena net this make me sad why must I have hardware doing ;_; and is there any time table for when gw’s 2 will support sli? alot of high end stuff was suppose to be added lately But Need sli! but as far as I know back on the graphical glitch issue the party portrait is a bug caused by sli being on, and you can only try it to see if it fixes your issue.

(edited by Rei Hino.5961)

Posted by: dabii.1274

dabii.1274

Thank you guys. Still not solve yet but gonna update my driver first. I have seen the same problem at first in Witcher3 but after i tab out and tab in, the problem gone. However it’s not the same in GW2. Will come back and update if this problem is solved in the future

Posted by: tattyana.2356

tattyana.2356

I just built my new system identical to yours with sli 970’s and having no issue

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Which SLI render type are you using?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I remember having the same issue when i used to had 560GTX in sli,it happend to me due to a “broken” sli bridge.Try reseating the sli bridge first.