Guild Bank HACKED!!!

Guild Bank HACKED!!!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I noticed today that my guild bank was hacked. All the items in it were stolen. All it says in the history log was “Unknown User” removed… WTF? Accounts being hacked and now my guild bank hacked? My guild is Blue Hand Warrior Society [NDN]. MY IGN is Nocturnal Lunacy.8563.
My account wasn’t hacked but now that this has happened I think I will be changing my password and everything just to be on the safe side. My guild bank was filled with nothing but sigils and runes for the members of my guild to use and now it is completely empty. I’m not concerned about getting these back as it’s so easy to get more, I just want the responsible party banned and his fingers cut off so he can’t type. I’ve included a couple screens showing what was taken and who took it.
By the way, I am Diamonds Amethyst on one of the screens.

Attachments:

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Guild Bank HACKED!!!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Your Guild Bank was not hacked. Someone just took all the stuff from it. The person who took it probably was hacked, and then deleted the account after taking all the stuff. That might explain why you’d get an “Unknown User” in your history.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Guild Bank HACKED!!!

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

The fact that the person withdrawing the items shows up as Unknown User means whichever character looted the guild bank got deleted after the theft occurred.

Most of the time this kind of behaviour is consistent with accounts taken over by account thieves, since they will often delete characters to obfuscate the ‘money trail’.

The other option is that it’s just a spiteful or predatory guild member who plundered the guild bank with a disposable alt which they deleted afterwards. In this case they might still be in your guild and simply feigning innocence!

The question you should be asking yourself right now:
- who had direct access to the guild bank
AND
- who was able to promote other accounts to have access to the guild bank

If any of the players who fall into those categories have left / disappeared from your guild or you haven’t spoken to them directly since the guild bank looting, then they may be victims of account theft, perhaps even without their knowledge.

If you have any way of contacting these people out of game, you should, as the most likely option is that someone has been compromised and there may be more than just your guild bank at stake here. You may also want to submit a ticket with GW2 support (click the support button a the top of the page) and list all of the information, as they may be able to look into the logs and identify the account that took the items (even if the character got deleted).

Guild Bank HACKED!!!

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Also might want to put a suggestion in the suggestion section that guild bank withdrawals should have account name instead of character. That information is available on anyone in the guild anyway. This way when something like this occurs there is an actual log. Which is what that thing is SUPPOSED to be for.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Guild Bank HACKED!!!

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I looked on any member who had access that had left the guild the same time this occurred. And there was one member by the name of fudgenasty. So I have a feeling this fudgenasty was hacked and the guild bank was looted and then his account deleted. This was not a spiteful member. As matter as fact he was a new player and I was helping him learn the game and I bought him updated armor, weapons etc. and showed him how to use the trading post, how to do his story line etc. He was anything but a spiteful member.
So now that I suspect he was hacked what steps do I take now? Obviously I have a member that was hacked so he obviously needs help. And when Anet finds out about the hack what will happen to the stuff that was in the guild bank. I’d hate to limit the bank to only me and officers because I had that specifically for runes and stuff for the members so access was essential for them. But now I’m afraid that this will not be possible until Anet stops or at least makes it extremely hard for these hackers. Accounts have been hacked at an alarming rate lately and it’s making me jittery. The amount of email spam for gold selling and the amount of gold sellers I see in LA everyday is crazy. Anet obviously has a hole somewhere. But I may know what is going on but that would make my already lengthy reply even longer.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Guild Bank HACKED!!!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I wanted to be sure that you’ve submitted a ticket about this. Go here and you can submit a ticket via the “Ask a Question” tab on that page.

For details on what information you should provide in your ticket, to expedite its response, please read The “How to Submit a Ticket” post.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Guild Bank HACKED!!!

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

In my experience in numerous MMO’s… 99.9999% of the time, it’s somebody in your guild who you’ve mistakenly assumed that they positively wouldn’t have done it, when in reality, that’s exactly what happened.

Guild Bank HACKED!!!

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

In another game we had a long time member (months) who was very nice and helpful. Everyone liked him. Then he scammed some members of the guild, robbed the guild bank, and bought a name change, and changed servers.

Turns out there are people in the world who get a real thrill out of fooling people with their acting abilities. It’s hard sometimes to tell who was hacked and who was playing everyone for a thrill.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!