Guild Bank Raids

Guild Bank Raids

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hawksbane.2783

Hawksbane.2783

Our guild had it’s bank raided, and over 100 gold worth of stuff taken, as we know the person who did it, it is suspected that it’s a hacked account.
We have submitted a ticket, I just wanted to know if there is a way to get the stuff back into the guild bank?
Also the log for the guild bank says that Unknown User removed everything, is there a reason it hasn’t identified the person? Perhaps because they quit the guild

Hawksbane
LB Ranger from GH
RPS Officer

Guild Bank Raids

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

1: unidentified person is indeed when they left the guild
2: support does not deal with internal guild affairs. It is hard for support to tell if the person who did it did it without permissions and the complaint comes from ‘guilddrama’.
3: Therefor supprot does not have tools to support the items.

I would strongly recommend being more carefull in who you give access to the high value items in the guild bank. In my guild there is one secured tab where the ‘good’ stuff is being kept. Only two people in the guild has access to it. So if I as an officer need stuff to organise an event I need to ask for it myself aswell.

So for general purpose keep two off the tabs for all members. One tab is for a very select group of people who can be trusted 100%, both for themselfes as for having their security in order.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Guild Bank Raids

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Account restorations are connected to player accounts. Items in Guild Banks cannot be rolled back like a character account, so everything that was stolen, is gone forever unfortunately.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Guild Bank Raids

Hawksbane.2783

I think the operative information here was ‘account hacked’, yes if a user left the guild after taking stuff out of the guild bank it would be hard to prove any wrong doing. However if a user had their account hacked and the hacker took the stuff then it is pretty easy to prove that something had been done wrong here.

And yes mercury ranique, that is exactly how we have our guild bank setup, only trusted users can access they higher value items.

Hawksbane
LB Ranger from GH
RPS Officer

Guild Bank Raids

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I think the operative information here was ‘account hacked’, yes if a user left the guild after taking stuff out of the guild bank it would be hard to prove any wrong doing. However if a user had their account hacked and the hacker took the stuff then it is pretty easy to prove that something had been done wrong here.

And yes mercury ranique, that is exactly how we have our guild bank setup, only trusted users can access they higher value items.

Unfortunately, like Smooth Penguin.5294 said, they do not do roll backs on guilds.
Regardless what happened, account hacks or not, anything lost from your guild bank is gone forever. There are no guild bank restores and support will not give you any items to replace what was taken. Sorry for your loss, but your not going to get anything replaced.

Guild Bank Raids

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

They might, one day, have the tools to reverse incidents like this. No guarantees though. Taking account snapshots of each account is resource consuming enough as is. Not sure how much more coding it would take to have to also track Guild Banks.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Guild Bank Raids

Hawksbane.2783

that’s true, I doubt very much they would introduce the ability to roll back guild banks, especially as it would open the chance for them to be involved in guild politics, as Mercury alluded to.
What they might be able to do, is roll the account back to the point where they emptied the guild bank and return the stuff taken – although this is dependent on how often they do snapshots.

Hawksbane
LB Ranger from GH
RPS Officer

Guild Bank Raids

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

support will tell you that you should not give players you don’t trust rights to your guild bank. Sucks to have such players in your guild but I don’t think Support will do any roll backs. They do however react when it comes to hacked accounts. Write a ticket and include the evidence and take it from there. But that defiantly will not have any effect to your guild bank.

Guild Bank Raids

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Customer Service will only speak to the owner of the account, should an account be compromised. Only the game account’s owner could possibly qualify for an Account Restoration. Restorations never include anything pertaining to guild banks or the TP.