Guild Spent 300,000 Influence

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sixcross.6824

Sixcross.6824

Well, I’m not sure if this is a bug, or not intended. With this new patch released we wanted to get right into the action and start doing some guild missions. We amassed almost 300,000 influence over the coarse of a few months. We started researching and speed it up 3 times not knowing that it was 75,000!!!!!!! (WTF are you thinking) for 25% a pop. I noticed after we had speed it up and quickly moved to cancel it thinking it would refund all of it. Sadly that’s not the case and I am deeply embarrassed and ashamed that all of our guilds hard work got wasted in less then 5 mins. I desperately hope that t his can be reversed, the upgrade resumed at the speed up state, or at the very least a warning placed saying that speeding up an upgrade will not be refundable.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

You realize when you are mousing over the speed up, it tells you how much influence it needs? It’s very clear how much it will cost and how much it will upgrade it by.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Sixcross.6824

Sixcross.6824

You realize when you are mousing over the speed up, it tells you how much influence it needs? It’s very clear how much it will cost and how much it will upgrade it by.

We where all a bit jumpy at the idea of guild missions which was something we where waiting for for a while. I had been under the impression that it would be reasonable at around 10,000 influence for a speed up like most of the other ones have been previously.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thank you. I think this is important information to note. I’m sorry that you’re disappointed in the cost, Sixcross, but the fact that it’s displayed means that it’s a known commodity and should not come as a surprise to you. While I appreciate you’re unhappy, I want to thank you for posting because this serves as an advisory for other players to watch the costs before accepting the upgrade.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

None of the speed ups are exactly the same. That is why it clearly states what the amount will be. And once it’s used for a speed up, it’s gone, which I’m certain that is also stated. It’s not hard to earn it, especially when you can now use the new currencies to earn the scrolls for 400 and 1000. Sucks that it happened to you guys, but you had access to the information and chose to ignore it. I highly doubt Anet has the ability to refund this mistake.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

My guild leader posted a topic on this issue about an hour ago, but the topic got locked after a CSR misunderstood the issue. I’m reiterating the issue here to provide more clarity.

After the patch today, many of our guild members logged on with the hopes of running a guild mission tonight. Our guild had close to 300,000 influence banked just for these missions, and we quickly spent 30,000 to unlock Guild Bounties. With the research time clocking in at 3 days, we went ahead and spent 75,000 influence 3 times to increase the research time. Once we realized that the bounty would still not complete tonight, our guild leader cancelled the bounty to save the influence spent on the boosts, and requeued the bounty unlock. Here is the crucial part – we were not refunded the boost influence when we cancelled.

We understood the cost of purchasing the research boost, but there was no way for us to know we would not be refunded for cancelling them. Many other guild research items refund you fully when you cancel them. Even the Guild Bounty unlock itself is refunded when it is cancelled. These (very expensive) research boosts however were not.

I have included a screenshot to show how other guild items were refunded when cancelled, yet we lost 225,000 influence to this anomaly. 225k is not a trivial amount. All we are asking that we be refunded for the influence we lost because of this.

Attachments:

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

My guild leader posted a topic on this issue about an hour ago, but the topic got locked after a CSR misunderstood the issue. I’m reiterating the issue here to provide more clarity.

After the patch today, many of our guild members logged on with the hopes of running a guild mission tonight. Our guild had close to 300,000 influence banked just for these missions, and we quickly spent 30,000 to unlock Guild Bounties. With the research time clocking in at 3 days, we went ahead and spent 75,000 influence 3 times to increase the research time. Once we realized that the bounty would still not complete tonight, our guild leader cancelled the bounty to save the influence spent on the boosts, and requeued the bounty unlock. Here is the crucial part – we were not refunded the boost influence when we cancelled.

We understood the cost of purchasing the research boost, but there was no way for us to know we would not be refunded for cancelling them. Many other guild research items refund you fully when you cancel them. Even the Guild Bounty unlock itself is refunded when it is cancelled. These (very expensive) research boosts however were not.

I have included a screenshot to show how other guild items were refunded when cancelled, yet we lost 225,000 influence to this anomaly. 225k is not a trivial amount. All we are asking that we be refunded for the influence we lost because of this.

I did not misunderstand the OP at all. Your guild spent influence and then decided to cancel the purchased boosts. You are suggesting that we add a warning that the influence will be lost if research progress is cancelled and you request that we refund your spent influence.

So this has changed a bit from “We didn’t know how much it cost” to “We thought it would finish up today” and “We were not warned that a cancellation results in loss of influence” but I do understand what you both have written. Please note that I merged the threads because the forum team would prefer to not have multiple threads on the same or a continuing subject.

At this point, we do not have the capacity or the policy to refund the spent influence. I will look into this with an eye to possible in-game messaging. Please do not make another thread on this subject; however, you may submit a ticket if you wish.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Hey, I’m bumping my own posts to update: We have identified a bug with guild influence. We are working on the best resolution to this issue, and if your guild was impacted — and I’m sorry but I just cannot tell right now if this situation would apply — we will remedy that with a replacement of influence.

Again, I cannot say for certain that this situation aligns with the new bug. Quite honestly I don’t know that the bug involves cancelling upgrades. But overall, the devs are on it! Your guild leader may submit a ticket to Support to discuss this situation with the team.

Thank you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet