Guild Wars 2 Account Will Be Shut Down

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hala.3042

Hala.3042

I received the following email from noreply@guildwars2.com.

“Guild Wars 2 Account Will Be Shut Down Inform

We are sorry to inform you that your login account [My Email] will be shut down or partially limited within 72 hours due to currency transactions or abnormal login. If you want to remove restrictions, please click the following link to validate:
https://account.guildwars2.com/login?
Please keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 is a global game with hundreds of thousands of players. This means that standards of behavior must be upheld. For your convenience, you can obtain more information about our rules at the address listed below.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/

Guild Wars 2 Account Support Team"

I have not made any currency transactions. I did check my account and removed an authorized network in the security section that I did not recognize. I’m assuming this was the reason I received the email? I have also changed my password once doing this. Is there any way to prevent my account from being shut down now or finding out the real reason and whether this was an actual email or junk mail?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s a Sticky right above about phishing emails, including that one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Common-Phishing-E-mails/first#post4064747

Good luck.

Posted by: pamela.8196

pamela.8196

its not real
ive gotten 3 like that and its been 72 hours
ignore it
I use to get e-mails like this for Diablo 2
only problem is I have never played Diablo 2
or had a account

“Some say having a dark side will lead to no good … I certainly hope so …”

Posted by: pamela.8196

pamela.8196

and delete it
don’t go near the links

“Some say having a dark side will lead to no good … I certainly hope so …”

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phew, I got scared already. One thing I would like to know (a dev response preferred) is why these supposedly ‘poisoned’ links, go straight to the guild wars 2 domain. If the link is poisoned, it should not go to gw2 domain cause it’s safe, and vice versa, if gw2 is safe for sure, then the links are meaningless? I don’t get it tbh.

Bank fishing mails have really weird links to circomvent the domain restrictions. Aka Dexia bank (www.dexia.com) then the fishing mails will look like www.host.inbetweengate.anotherhost.unkowname.dexia.com. Look at how far the Dexia is pushed to the end, because the first parts are the malware sites, the last part is an imitation attempt, but these links are very easy to identify.

However with the link shown in this mail, it starts straight with the official gw2 domain, wich really wories me, cause that would mean, there’s pishing malware possible within the Gw2 domain.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Phew, I got scared already. One thing I would like to know (a dev response preferred) is why these supposedly ‘poisoned’ links, go straight to the guild wars 2 domain. If the link is poisoned, it should not go to gw2 domain cause it’s safe, and vice versa, if gw2 is safe for sure, then the links are meaningless? I don’t get it tbh.

Bank fishing mails have really weird links to circomvent the domain restrictions. Aka Dexia bank (www.dexia.com) then the fishing mails will look like www.host.inbetweengate.anotherhost.unkowname.dexia.com. Look at how far the Dexia is pushed to the end, because the first parts are the malware sites, the last part is an imitation attempt, but these links are very easy to identify.

However with the link shown in this mail, it starts straight with the official gw2 domain, wich really wories me, cause that would mean, there’s pishing malware possible within the Gw2 domain.

If you read this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Common-Phishing-E-mails/first#post3392805 it will explain why the links look like they lead to the official Guild Wars 2 sites.

Posted by: dansamy.3752

dansamy.3752

I’ve gotten 2 of these in less than 24 hours

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

almost took the bait on this, i realised before i gave any valid information that there was no “https” and there was “tk” at the end of the address.
all games shut down an acount without warning and then handle stuff through tickets.

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I got one, checked it on my phone. Site looked real, didn’t trust it. Logged onto GW2.com directly from my computer and didn’t see any kind of notification, immediately added the google authenticator and changed my password.

Obvious phishing attempt is obvious.

Posted by: Aunarisk.9710

Aunarisk.9710

I just got this mail today, it look quite strange.

So i google it and found that , like i thought, it a phishing mail. – - (Phishing mail is a mail with fake link that direct the victim to hacker’s clone site that created for 1 reason, to get your data, example; id, password, and surely, you name on credit card, you credit card no. with CVV or any data they want)

However, Let see, if you click the link, it’s not linked to guildwars2.com domain but to another site.

Sorry for my english.

Attachments:

(edited by Aunarisk.9710)

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I got them in my spam folder of an account that I do not use for guild wars. I forwarded one to Anet, so they knew the phishers were at it again, then deleted them.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!