Guild Wars 2 Antialiasing fix

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

Tried this, and it really does work. Loving the game with AA! Wish Anet would do something about their game AA. FXAA just looks. .. .. .. … BARF!

http://ipkonfig.com/guild-wars-2-bringing-antialiasing-to-the-game

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Good ol Nvidia Inspector.
TBH that way of adding AA is only good for those who are already running SuperSampling and have spare GPU power.
That on its own requirs a GTX 680 even SLI.. still ..extra AA ontop of SS would deffinatly make GW2 look much better.

Really wish FXAA was eraised from the gaming scene ..its such a cruddy AA option ..hell i dont even consider it AA ..its just blur :P

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

Tried this, and it really does work. Loving the game with AA! Wish Anet would do something about their game AA. FXAA just looks. .. .. .. … BARF!

http://ipkonfig.com/guild-wars-2-bringing-antialiasing-to-the-game

I’m just applying AA with the Nvidia control panel, is the NVidia Inspector enabling more advanced tweaks, like the Sparse Grid Supersampling?

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

I have an AMD GPU, so not only will this not work properly, I still have LOD flickering in this game, even if I turn off in-game AA and turn off edge-detect (Edge detect and in-game AA is the problem when it comes to mesh/texture flickering. TERA has the same problem, but it can be resolved by disallowing the game to do its own AA features.)

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

I run the game just fine at 60FPS v-sync with Supersampling and FXAA on using the GTX 480.

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB