Guild Wars 2 has stopped working...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aaricia.9758

Aaricia.9758

I recently purchased a new desktop computer and was excited to get back to playing GW2. I spent the day downloading all the files and logged on after reaching the “Playable” threshold. I selected my character, waited for the map to load—-beheld the beauty of the scenery for a split second before being greeted with the error “Guild Wars 2 has stopped working.” Okay, no big deal. I can wait until the game is fully downloaded. Wait until it was at 100% and gave it a go again only to have the same error occur after attempting to load the map.

My characters are not fully loading (as referenced by the attached photo). Items and clothing are fairly tangible; however, skin and facial features are not.

I am currently running on Windows 10. I have changed the compatibility for GW2 to Windows 8 and Windows 7 without a change in connection. I have also attempted running the program as Administrator, but to no avail.

Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Installed Memory: 16GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Graphics

So, is this fixable—-or should I delete the game and try again?

Attachments:

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Try running the -repair command on the client. Maybe the first crash mucked up one of the files?

Posted by: Aaricia.9758

Aaricia.9758

Try running the -repair command on the client. Maybe the first crash mucked up one of the files?

Yes. Right. Got’cha. Mmm-hmmm…
Question: how does one run the -repair command on the client?

Also, I now have a screenshot of the actual error message which is slightly varied from what I had thought it was.

Attachments:

(edited by Aaricia.9758)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments#-repair

Instructions on how to use command line arguments are at the top of that page. It may not work, but it’s worth a shot.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Posted by: Agruesgirl.5726

Agruesgirl.5726

my fiancee ran into the same issue,GW2 patch this before HoT release cause this aint gunna work for ppl

Posted by: Agruesgirl.5726

Agruesgirl.5726

Guild wars 2 has stopped working same issue!!!

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694