Guild Wars Account Details?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

I read an official post here on the Guild Wars 2 website somewhere that stated that our Guild Wars account details are now the exact same as our Guild Wars 2 account details. As such, I’ve tried entering the exact info I use for GW2, but it keeps saying it doesn’t recognize the account name/e-mail or that the password is incorrect.

It’s been several years since I last played the original Guild Wars. At the time I had an entirely different e-mail, which has since been deleted. I also do not remember my password.

What do I do?

Avectius.3271

Anyone?

This is all very confusing. Any way for me to recover my old Guild Wars account info?

I also tried linking it to my GW2 account, but it says the password is invalid. It then takes me to the password reset page, but it’s a page still within the Guild Wars 2 website! Why? In the account link page they’re asking for the original Guild Wars account informaiton, not GW2’s, so why, when having clicked “Forgot Your Password?” (which is supposedly referring to your old GW info), it takes you to the GW2 password reset page? This further suggests that your GW2 account log in info is now your GW account log in info as well. Is that true? Then why does it keep telling me, when I attempt to log into GW, that my e-mail/account name is unrecognized?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If your GW1 account is linked to your GW2 account, you login to GW1 using your GW2 username/password. For the character name, you have to enter one of your GW1 characters. If you can’t remember a name, check your GW1 screenshots.

If your GW1 account is not linked, you login using your GW1 username/password. You can manage your account using account.guildwars2.com.

If you can’t remember enough details to login yourself, you will need to contact support using the option for GW1. Support for GW1 is very slow though.

Avectius.3271

If your GW1 account is linked to your GW2 account, you login to GW1 using your GW2 username/password. For the character name, you have to enter one of your GW1 characters. If you can’t remember a name, check your GW1 screenshots.

If your GW1 account is not linked, you login using your GW1 username/password. You can manage your account using account.guildwars2.com.

If you can’t remember enough details to login yourself, you will need to contact support using the option for GW1. Support for GW1 is very slow though.

“If your GW1 account is not linked, you login using your GW1 username/password. You can manage your account using account.guildwars2.com.”

Manage what account? The GW1 or the GW2 account?

At the moment I believe they’re not linked. I also do not remember my GW1 log in info. How do I retrieve it?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

“If your GW1 account is not linked, you login using your GW1 username/password. You can manage your account using account.guildwars2.com.”

At the moment I believe they’re not linked. I also do not remember my GW1 log in info. How do I retrieve it?

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

GW1 management was merged with GW2. If your account is not linked, you can login to GW2’s account management to see your GW1 account. Likewise, GW1 support is handled through GW2’s support.