Guild Wars Crash Details inside.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Peach Pinky.6501

Peach Pinky.6501

At least 12 times a day my client crashes, and every single time it does, this is the detailed report that I am given.

Crash
Out of Memory: arena=Default, cat=Character Packfile, allocBytes=4013228, arenaBytes=292406488, fallbackBytes=25531900, align=0 ,
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 5620
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 15977
When: 2012-11-08T06:37:23Z 2012-11-07T22:37:23-08:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:56:04
Flags: 0

System
Name: -Removed-
IpAddr: -Removed-
Processors: 2 [GenuineIntel:6:15:13]
OSVersion: Windows 6.1 (32 bit)

System Memory
Physical: 1237MB/ 3567MB 34%
Paged: 5965MB/ 8685MB 68%
Virtual: 101MB/ 2047MB 4%
Load: 65%
CommitTotal: 2720MB
CommitLimit: 8685MB
CommitPeak: 3271MB
SystemCache: 1436MB
HandleCount: 17350
ProcessCount: 43
ThreadCount: 610

Process Memory
Private: 1488MB
WorkingSet: 1379MB
PeakWorkingSet: 1384MB
PageFaults: 3549897

The full detailed report is over the 5001 characters allowed within a single post. I am unsure if it is required for a diagnosis.

Posted by: Halvaard.1034

Halvaard.1034

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/ask/

Copy your ever so long report into a txt file and fire off a support ticket.

Posted by: Peach Pinky.6501

Peach Pinky.6501

I have, I have also sent a “error report” to Anet, 12 times a day for nearly a month each time the game crashes.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Peach Pinky,

We are going to escalate the issue directly to the relevant team and see if they can give you an answer.

Thanks for your understanding.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Madeen.1793

Madeen.1793

Same problem here!!
And, its gotten much worse with lost shores!! Uptime is usually 5 minutes… rarely more.

Posted by: blakkerrs.4082

blakkerrs.4082

this happens to me all the time and i would like to know why?can someone pleas help me find out?

Madeen.1793

this happens to me all the time and i would like to know why?can someone pleas help me find out?

Do you have a 32-bit system? I read somewhere in this forum, its was about how the 32-bit system and the video card handle the memory, that the application is trying to use more memory than possible, they advise changing to a 64-bit system as a solution, as it will not have that problem. I think its a ridiculous solution since the game is not “64-bit only”. If you don’t have a 32-bit system i have no idea.

I’ however am desperate… so I just installed a 64-bit OS… and am about to check the veracity of this option.
I still think however, this is not a solution! Only a work around, (and that is if it works) Some people do not have this choice, or might have to spend cash for it, and considering, its not a “64-bit only” system… well…

Madeen.1793

64-Bit system seems to have stopped that problem… but while i used to have a perfect 32-bit system, now i have 64-bit system on hicups… this last part is totally noones fault but the hardware’s… Lucky i saved my 32-bit on a disc image.

Madeen.1793

Meanwhile, back on a 32-bit system again, whatever you guys did on this last build fixed it, at least i played normally for 20 minutes with no crashes, if you did nothing to fix it, you guys better figure out whats going on so you don’t do it again!!
How’s everyone else who complained doing? Does the game work again today?

Madeen.1793

Ok for all you people still left with no answers, I found something that while I need more testing to know if it solves the problem, it definitely has been helpful, I’ve been playing for a while with no crashes… and I’ve done a lot of stuff even entered the fractals which was a problem…

Now I’ve read about this before venturing into it, it might not work for everyone, and if it works for you on something, you might start other problems in other applications, so be sure to back up your disk, or be prepared to reinstall windows, in the worst case scenario…

Though you shouldn’t be too scared its just precautionary measure’s, at most, if you encounter any problems just deactivate it. And all will be back to normal. If this doesn’t solve it so far, 64-bit is the only solver…

Search Google for “/3gb”, i found what i was looking for on a forum, the first link of the search “how to /3gb windows 7” you should look for your own windows if its different obviously. Read about it, and try it if you think its worth your time. What it will do is reduce the amount of memory used by windows, and leaving the rest for applications. For me it only slowed windows down a bit (so far). And the game is crash free… (so far).

Hope it helps some of you at least. Hope it helps me in the long term too…